Scudemore, Your not wanted here.

Uncle Fester

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So what part of European law are the EPL breaking by not allowing Rangers to play in it? So you are saying that if Bayern Munich, Galatasaray and Annan Athltic want to join the EPL and they refuse all clubs can sue them?

Galataseray are from Turkey and are not part of the EU and have no recourse to the European court, but the rest yes absolutely.

No offence to the OP but this is boring now. We won't be playing in England. I wish we would just focus on where we are now, rather than having our head in the clouds.

Charles Green has done a good job, I just wish he would get less carried away sometimes. Filling people's heads with talk of leaving Scottish football is doing no good. I'm still waiting on that elusive Adidas deal he was talking about.

No offence to the OP but this is boring now. We won't be playing in England. I wish we would just focus on where we are now, rather than having our head in the clouds.

Charles Green has done a good job, I just wish he would get less carried away sometimes. Filling people's heads with talk of leaving Scottish football is doing no good. I'm still waiting on that elusive Adidas deal he was talking about.

I don't normally agree with you but that post is pretty much spot-on.

Next week apparently ;)

Galataseray are from Turkey and are not part of the EU and have no recourse to the European court, but the rest yes absolutely.

If teams from Wales (part of the UK) can play in England then Scottish teams should have the same opportunity. Teams in Europe are not part of Britain although bits of France could be reclaimed if we decided to go to war. I doubt there are any European laws being broken but pretty sure that we have the same status in the UK as Wales (for the time being) so there would be an inequality issue.

If teams from Wales (part of the UK) can play in England then Scottish teams should have the same opportunity. Teams in Europe are not part of Britain although bits of France could be reclaimed if we decided to go to war. I doubt there are any European laws being broken but pretty sure that we have the same status in the UK as Wales (for the time being) so there would be an inequality issue.

Don't quote me but i'm under the illusion that Wales, technically speaking is still belonged to England. They are a principality hence the Prince of Wales and so forth . Their is no welsh colours in the Union flag to say they are different. Just my thought on it. I'm sure the Welsh will tell me differently. :box:

Don't quote me but i'm under the illusion that Wales, technically speaking is still belonged to England. They are a principality hence the Prince of Wales and so forth . Their is no welsh colours in the Union flag to say they are different. Just my thought on it. I'm sure the Welsh will tell me differently. :box:

But the pricipality of Wales isn't the kingdom of England. I know the point that is often made is that these teams are historically part of English football so it's ok for them to play in the English league but the fact remains they are not English ... indeed anyone born there would not be eligible to play for England

"There is an agreement between The FA and SFA which FIFA would uphold that prevents them taking MEMBER clubs from each other" - According to the powers that be, we aint a member club up here and won't be for a further 3/4 years. We know they'll have something to say and try and stop it but we can't be one thing when it suits them and another when it don't.

But the pricipality of Wales isn't the kingdom of England. I know the point that is often made is that these teams are historically part of English football so it's ok for them to play in the English league but the fact remains they are not English ... indeed anyone born there would not be eligible to play for England

Damn i knew i should have payed more attention at school.......... :lol:

"There is an agreement between The FA and SFA which FIFA would uphold that prevents them taking MEMBER clubs from each other" - According to the powers that be, we aint a member club up here and won't be for a further 3/4 years. We know they'll have something to say and try and stop it but we can't be one thing when it suits them and another when it don't.

Think you are mixing up member of the SFA (the membership we were blackmailed into accepting transfer embargo and loss of league prize money) and a member of the SFL.

We are an associate member of the SFL, we have retained our membership of the SFA as it was transferred.