Blue Square Premiership

carrickblue

It's a massive NO to this idea from me

We would not see a European game for years and years

Short term pain for long term gain mate. (tu)

Realistically, what sort of European games are we going to see anyway over the next 5 years or so?

Even when we do get ourselves back into whatever the top flight is, and qualify for Europe, our personal co-efficient will be so low that we will be non seeds from the VERY early stages, making qualification for group stages even more difficult than it already is.

I say we look into this proposed moved as much as we can and start a whole new adventure moving through the divisions in a country where we may just be appreciated a bit.

Short term pain for long term gain mate. (tu)

Realistically, what sort of European games are we going to see anyway over the next 5 years or so?

Even when we do get ourselves back into whatever the top flight is, and qualify for Europe, our personal co-efficient will be so low that we will be non seeds from the VERY early stages, making qualification for group stages even more difficult than it already is.

I say we look into this proposed moved as much as we can and start a whole new adventure moving through the divisions in a country where we may just be appreciated a bit.

There is absolutely no guarantee we wi progress through the leagues year on year

We could get stuck in the championship or even league 1 for a long time

The novelty would soon wear off

There is absolutely no guarantee we wi progress through the leagues year on year

I never said it would be easy, or that we would move on year after year (although it can be done ala Norwich)

But I certainly wouldn't use the lack of European football as an excuse not to give it a try.

Just my opinion of course.

We'd coast it to the Championship before we'd get any sort of challenge. Even then I'm confident we'd coast the Championship. It's the Premier League were we'd have to spend money to build a squad that's good enough to win.

Of the 14 clubs of the Conference polled three said "No". Forest Green, Gateshead and Newport. Newport are Welsh!!! Gateshead once applied to join the SFL!!! Newport don't have their own ground, they have use of a rugby ground (3 year deal) which 2 rugby teams use one of whom owns the ground. Gateshead use a council stadium but apparently have plans to get their own ground of nearly 8,000 capacity. The directors are super optimists as their average gate is only 644 !!! I can't criticise Forest Green as they have a tidy new ground and have the right to their opinion.