IF -huge IF- we make to the Conference...

OlegKuznetsov

Guest Andypendek

It can't happen, either quickly or at all.

For if Rangers apply & are accepted & absolutely NO OBSTACLES are put in their way by the SFA (aye, right) then our lead would be followed by every middling club in a small league in Europe; the outcome would be a pan-Euro league rather than Rangers in England or Bruges in France.

All that can come from this is a legal challenge to the restriction of trade enforcing national leagues constitutes. That will take years; it might be worth doing, but the only outcome of it would be the creation of the Euro league above.

There's just no way of getting Rangers to the conference.

As a stalking horse idea it might shift UEFA enough to create composite leagues for teams who are interested before they are taken to court; but as I blogged the other week, the club that does the front running on this will not be forgiven by UEFA in a hurry. Others will enjoy the riches while the trailblazers could very well be shunned.

Be careful what you wish for!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For if Rangers apply & are accepted & absolutely NO OBSTACLES are put in their way by the SFA (aye, right) then our lead would be followed by every middling club in a small league in Europe; the outcome would be a pan-Euro league rather than Rangers in England or Bruges in France.

All that can come from this is a legal challenge to the restriction of trade enforcing national leagues constitutes. That will take years; it might be worth doing, but the only outcome of it would be the creation of the Euro league above.

As a stalking horse idea it might shift UEFA enough to create composite leagues for teams who are interested before they are taken to court; but as I blogged the other week, the club that does the front running on this will not be forgiven by UEFA in a hurry. Others will enjoy the riches while the trailblazers could very well be shunned.

A lot of very valid points in there.

Very valid, indeed.(tu)

Rangers will never be put into the SFL 3 ---- It happened and so can this.

Yeah, I said the above...... but tbh in backing myself, the sfa DID try to have us fast-tracked into Div 1 as they had no interest in us being far away from their spl.

I recon they just didn't know that so many SFL clubs would baulk at this was all or else we'd be top of Div 1 instead of 3.

disagree - a club in europe flying over to play in England every second week would alienate their fans as they wouldn't be able/willing to travel, far easier for Scottish clubs and their fans to jaunt down the road.

if we were based in France we wouldn't entertain the idea.

Would be good for the Blue Army to visit the spiritual home of the Boon Army! ;) Green is a shrewd guy, I just hope he plays his cards right.

:lol: it would indeed, Clint Boon what a guy :D Im sure Charles will as long as he doesnt piss of any more English clubs like he pissed off Villa and Southampton lol.

i think we'd make it to the premiership eventually, but it's not going to be easy. Leeds are a huge club that should be in the premiership and look how tough they find it. As for being up their with the Man U's & Man Cities... Newcastle & Liverpool are probably the same size or a little bigger than us and when was the last time either of them mounted a challenge to winning the league?

Right now i'd settle just for the chance to compete either down south or in a atlantic set-up, anything to get out of this footballing graveyard.

Leeds are a big club....in Leeds.

Newcastle are a big club....in Newcastle.

See the pattern?

Liverpool are a sleeping giant, they'll waken up one day.

We're far bigger clubs than everyone of the premiership outwith, Arsenal, Man utd and Liverpool. Far bigger.

The difference being, we are in the same country as the league we want to join.

See the pattern?

We're far bigger clubs than everyone of the premiership outwith, Arsenal, Man utd and Liverpool. Far bigger.

Exactly.

Playing in the Premiership makes you a big club simply because of the tv money you earn.

Very few Premiership clubs would be BIG clubs if they only got the tv money we get up here.

Add the Premiership money to our existing size, and we'd definitely be up in the top tier. Not up there with United though, because they have a "global following" due to some canny marketing.

But once the globe got a taste of us, we'd catch up pretty fast.

If it enables a European league then thats just as good and quite possibly even better imo as for the points you raised about UEFA in your recent blog, i agree that they may well not be pleased with us if we instigated a revolution in European football but the chance to create yet more history and the immediate elevation in our footballing fortunes with such a move either to England or a European league make it worth doing in my eyes. Im sure Rangers would get legal advice on possible consequences from UEFA or FIFA before deciding on a course of action should it ever get that far.

See the pattern?

Rangers are far bigger as a Club (for me anyway) than both Liverpool and Arsenal. (History and fan-base)

In a European sense Liverpool are the biggest Club in Great Britain having won the Euro Cup most times.

The main difference is that the English sides have Always stole players from Scotland and for SO MANY years now had SO Much money that they got around to being able to buy-in the better types of players and offer them crazy insane amounts of money BECAUSE Sky TV gives them SO much money.

If say Rangers started out in a lower league and worked it's way up to that top league then they too would have the crazy monies to buy-in top class players and thus be able to compete....... after say five/six seasons we'd be up in the top five or six.

I still say it will never ever happen though.

A. That's never gonnae happen.

B. even if it did why would that close the door?

People have to believe there is a real threat of this country going into independence, otherwise voters will get lazy and the result of the referendum could bite us in the arse,

A. Given stupid fucking 16 year old kids are getting the vote and will be force fed braveheart and any other highland kilty shite prior to it, there's a good chance it will.

B. Because while we can argue "you let Welsh in " as part of the UK, if independence is granted they could just say fuck off on the grounds we are independent, Wales aren't.

And couldn't agree more with A & B in the above post

Exactly.

Playing in the Premiership makes you a big club simply because of the tv money you earn.

Very few Premiership clubs would be BIG clubs if they only got the tv money we get up here.

Add the Premiership money to our existing size, and we'd definitely be up in the top tier. Not up there with United though, because they have a "global following" due to some canny marketing.

But once the globe got a taste of us, we'd catch up pretty fast.

Brilliant post and true. (tu)

If we get there, we'll never look back. We'll coast it til at least the Championship, even then I'd expect us to go up to the EPL at the first time of asking.

Just 5 years ago us and the bheggers were in the top 20 richest football clubs in Europe. Imagine us with Premiership money, season ticket sales, premiership sponsor deals etc, we would be up there challenging. We are too big a club not to be. Give it two or three years of building a team and we would be up there with the Man Utds and Man City's of the world.

If this happens it could be the best thing to ever happen to us.

If we can't post nipples on the forum, there's no way you should be allowed to post this. My stauner almost punched a hole through the desk.

It's all a long way away and might never happen, but fucking hell if it does, who knows where we'll end up.

If we can't post nipples on the forum, there's no way you should be allowed to post this. My stauner almost punched a hole through the desk.

It's all a long way away and might never happen, but fucking hell if it does, who knows where we'll end up.

The same place as yer stauner....up the table.

Guest Andypendek

A lot of very valid points in there.

Very valid, indeed. (tu)

As in yours.

disagree - a club in europe flying over to play in England every second week would alienate their fans as they wouldn't be able/willing to travel, far easier for Scottish clubs and their fans to jaunt down the road.

if we were based in France we wouldn't entertain the idea.

I don't think the composite league would involve countries with a strong domestic league atm; England wouldn't be interested. Why would they?

Not in the eyes of UEFA or FIFA.

Doesn't even have to be reduced to some outre debsate about Scottish independence. Every club in the EU plays in the same political sphere, ie Europe. Legally, in dividing teams on 'national' grounds football hasn't got a leg to stand on, but football & legality make for uneasy bedfellows.

If it enables a European league then thats just as good and quite possibly even better imo as for the points you raised about UEFA in your recent blog, i agree that they may well not be pleased with us if we instigated a revolution in European football but the chance to create yet more history and the immediate elevation in our footballing fortunes with such a move either to England or a European league make it worth doing in my eyes. Im sure Rangers would get legal advice on possible consequences from UEFA or FIFA before deciding on a course of action should it ever get that far.

It might well be worth doing. I'm undecided. All I'm saying is that if we created the precedent and were about to join the Conference, the opportunity to join a far higher league would, virtually simultaneously, appear.

IF we were ever to go to the Conference, it would take us at least 10 years before we could even think of reaching the Premiership.

At least 10 years, probably longer, and while we are working our way through the divisions, the rest of Europe would happily carry on without us.

I have been saying now for years, some form of Euro league is inevitable someday. The current talks about Ukraine/Russia and

Belgium/Holland are only the beginning of the first tentative steps. In our rush to get out of Scotland (justified though it may be) we

risk shutting the door on the bigger prize.

Rangers are Scottish football, but by pulling out we leave the field clear for the Scum to be invited to any potential talks or discussions

about a Atlantic/Euro league in the future. Any place at the top table is ours by right and yet we risk throwing it away just to prove a point.

A European league is not going to happen tomorrow, but these preliminary talks /discussions are a clear signal.Change is coming and Gers must be at the top table in Scotland to qualify for invitation.

Playing our way through the 2nd,. 1st,. and Championship English leagues takes us out of site and out of mind.

The corruption in the SPL is becoming more blatant each day. We gain ourselves more kudos/ and good publicity by continuing to play in Scotland and exposing the rotten system behind it.

Much as I detest the rotten cabal that is the SPl, Ally said it first---- WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY.

IF we were ever to go to the Conference, it would take us at least 10 years before we could even think of reaching the Premiership.

At least 10 years, probably longer, and while we are working our way through the divisions, the rest of Europe would happily carry on without us.

I have been saying now for years, some form of Euro league is inevitable someday. The current talks about Ukraine/Russia and

Belgium/Holland are only the beginning of the first tentative steps. In our rush to get out of Scotland (justified though it may be) we

risk shutting the door on the bigger prize.

Rangers are Scottish football, but by pulling out we leave the field clear for the Scum to be invited to any potential talks or discussions

about a Atlantic/Euro league in the future. Any place at the top table is ours by right and yet we risk throwing it away just to prove a point.

A European league is not going to happen tomorrow, but these preliminary talks /discussions are a clear signal.Change is coming and Gers must be at the top table in Scotland to qualify for invitation.

Playing our way through the 2nd,. 1st,. and Championship English leagues takes us out of site and out of mind.

The corruption in the SPL is becoming more blatant each day. We gain ourselves more kudos/ and good publicity by continuing to play in Scotland and exposing the rotten system behind it.

Much as I detest the rotten cabal that is the SPl, Ally said it first---- WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY.

the fans haven't walked away. Are we going to apply this phrase to every scenario the club faces?

Ive got a boner at the thought of it.

The fact is Rangers football club has shown that it is one of the worlds biggest and most supported clubs, and we are in that position without the help of Millionaire Arab Princes, Russian business men, sky deals worth hundreds of millions, and all while playing in a country of 5 million people, we have a worldwide fan base and our club is revered in the farthest reaches of the globe, and is the most celebrated and most successful club in history. And we've achieved this all by ourselves, because we have real fans who support Rangers for the love of the club and nothing more. Not because weve had millions pumped in and are achieving long awaited success, we are playing in one of the worst leagues in the world and still get 45,000 people through the gate a week.

Imagine if we had the potential and the money that clubs like Man U, Barca and Dortmund have? We would become one of the richest and biggest clubs on earth within years, surely challenging every team we came against. We wouldnt have to worry about 2 teams carrying the whole countries uefa co-efficient on for the rest of the clubs to blow it either.

We have been booted to the Scottish 4th tier, that must be one of the worst leagues there is, and we're still the biggest show in town, imagine what we'd be like in the English 4th tier let alone the EPL or the Championship! I reckon that scares many of the people running the show down south. The likes of Liverpool and Man U would be shitting it at the thought of being out-shone by a scottish team. Well we are Rangers and we welcome the chase, looks like some down south fear the chase.