The Bad, The Ugly And The Unacceptable

billmcmurdo

Totally agree with this. Many are just happy with mediocrity as 3 points is everything even when its only beating part-time footballers whom are plumbers and postmen. I hope one day Rangers get back to playing football again as the entertainment value right now is awful and very hard to watch.

I see Leggo's spell checker is acting up again

Nevertheless if what he says is correct this reconstruction will never get off the ground

If this is true and can be proved I'd want more than just the shelving of these ridiculous plans ~ I want the two named to be publically held to task.

Very sinister indeed.

If there is any truth in the Leggo blog then it is very concerning.

I must admit I have wondered how these cunts were giving up the power they seem to have at the moment. If the SPL is not going then surely the SFL will not vote for this 12-12-18 shite. :p20:

David Leggat asks more questions than he makes accusations - something a man wary of being taken to task by an accused's legal team would do as second nature.

Leggat is asking the right questions though....a shame the rest of the Scottish media hasn't done so.

Eh.....remind me.....what was it we hired the Parma Puncher for again???? <cr>

I am perfectly happy with the way things are going on the field this season.

Yes, it would be nice to score more goals and play free-flowing attractive football every week, but that's simply not going to happen for a variety of reasons.

One of the main ones being that we have a very young side, and with youth comes inconsistency. These young players, most of whom in their first full season of first-team football, will develop over time if they are given the time and space to learn their trade.

Another of the reasons is the opposition. These teams are not going to play open expansive football against us. In fact, many of them have played very tight defensive formations. It is not always possible to break down these teams early on, and when they are broken down and we take the lead, the other teams dont just throw players forward to try to get back into it, they are happy to keep the score down and perhaps try to nick something late on.

Yet another reason is the inconsistency of selection due to injuries. We have had plenty of key players out for long periods this season, so we have not been able to play a settled side on a consistent basis. Templeton, Shields, McKay, Sandaza, Kyle, Perry, Cribari have all had lengthy spells out the side.

Yes, the two cup defeats were sore ones, especially QotS, and Stirling was a bad day of course, but that aside this team is doing everything we can expect of it. We should be proud of them IMO, not giving them a hard time. This is a long process back to the top, we should have more faith in our team that we are on target.

Bill, Sorry but..

I actually think its very poor form to use your blog to have a pop at those who disagree with you - to me that's like an abuse of power.

The place to challenge these things are on the message boards who are good enough to entertain our blogs.

Especially when bill started the thread and took an arrogant blogger attitude to an open discussion.

Bill mcmurdo writes good blogs, but he is not always right. In the case of Hugh Adam, he did do good work for rangers, but then all rangers supporters who sold rangers pool tickets should be held in the same regard as Hugh Adam. My father was one of them, he also is an honest man who says if rangers broke the rules they should be punished, but you need honest wise men to consider all things before punishment, not the corrupt cabal who tried their best to destroy rangers.

Sadly imho Hugh Adam finished badly, for whatever reasons.

Bill, I normally agree with most things you write in your blog but I feel I have to take issue with this one.

The high standard demanded of any player who pulls the famous light blue jersey over his head is sadly a thing of the past.

I feel I have to disagree with you on this point as this high standard is still actively being demanded by some sections of our support and for me this very attitude appears to be the root cause for most of the criticism being directed at some of our team performances

As we all know times have changed and due to the different circumstances the Club now finds itself operating under, then maybe we should be adjusting our levels of expectation.

I agree some of the individual performances this season have been mediocre but I don’t recall any real distinct lack of endeavor and as a matter of fact, although not sustained, I have really enjoyed some of the passages of play at some of the games.

I would also like to add that I have watched some of the great Rangers teams of the past and I don’t remember any game where perfect football was played for ninety minutes.