Why No Pre-Contracts?

TMB

At the start of January we were linked with a whole host of players. It was said that we could approach players and sign them on a pre-contract. They would join us in the summer and register during September once the embargo ended. Is that not the case?

It is but I personally find it will hardly become what it was made out to be.

I'd be surprised if we even sign anyone on any deal until we know where we are going to playing next year. The squad doesn't exactly need strengthening anyway imo.

I'd be surprised if we even sign anyone on any deal until we know where we are going to playing next year. The squad doesn't exactly need strengthening anyway imo.

I agree that the squad doesn't need strengthening to beat what we're up against just now. However, I think most would agree that we'll need a few defenders if we want to challenge for a Cup. We are leaking a lot of goals right now. If we come up against a good SPL side we could get a real hiding. Dundee United could easily put 3-4 goals past us next month.

It was said we could, it wasn't said that we would by any certain time.

It will be hard to sign players when we don't know where we will be playing again, add to that the uncertainty of a couple of our players. We might need to shift them out before we can bring anyone in.

I agree that the squad doesn't need strengthening to beat what we're up against just now. However, I think most would agree that we'll need a few defenders if we want to challenge for a Cup. We are leaking a lot of goals right now. If we come up against a good SPL side we could get a real hiding. Dundee United could easily put 3-4 goals past us next month.

I agree we could be doing with a couple of defenders but it will be risky signing defenders when we have Boca and Goian still to come back in the summer. We need to move them on IMO but we might not be able to.

You can sign a pre-contract outside of the transfer window, I believe.

Yeah but why wait? Two players we were linked with were Cammy Bell and Ryan Fraser. Kilmarnock are trying to get Bell on a new contract and Fraser has already agreed on a move down South.

I can't see anything happening until the very end of the window (if at all) as players will want to consider all their options especially considering what league they'll be playing in, before committing.... Or not as the case may be.

I agree and agree that Dundee United could put goals past us, but Motherwell could have also. Inverness did but we were so far off the pace that night it's not worth talking to. Boca and Goian coming back would sort of defeat the purpose of bringing in anybody in central defence until we have decided what we are doing with either of them and their wages. I would have them both back but in saying that neither were very convincing at the start of the campaign.

However, it remains to be seen. The players currently in the squad can all come on still and not just as individuals but as a team, which will ensure we are still as strong if not stronger next season. January 2014 I think will be a very interesting window.

Our scouting system is too busy trying to get the signature of john hartson.. oh wait.

I would launch all our money into our scouting network, from what i can see its our weakest link. the only decent signings coisty has made everyone in scotland could of made as they are obvious good players like wallace temps etc. The unheard of players have been shite.

We are actively looking at players.

I know for a fact 2 players have been asked if they would consider coming.

We need Defenders and we need a striker.

sorry mate but can't stand when people do this. If its fact, then share...we won't tell anyone