Rangers' Many Enemies

billmcmurdo

I think it was propaganda that led a lot of people to believe that we were guilty of the BTC prior to any verdict and it seems the same machine is at work again with a lot if bears believing a decision on titles have already been made.

This is a position no doubt shaped by the original five way agreement which had guilty stamped all over it.

The three man commision panel probably don't access the same media outlets as most of our support so hopefully they want be involved or tainted by the propaganda we get subjected to through the red tops, radio phone-ins, hate blogs ect.

I live in hope for a fair and reasoned judgement.

DM was correct with his organisational workings and the implementation of the EBT's so I'm sure the same people 'on the whole' applied the rules of our governing bodies correctly.

Well said Bill McMurdo.

When Charles Green gets down to writing his book a number of years from now it is going to be brimming with stories of the bheasts iniquities and it's pleasing to know that the words will be coming from an Englishman with little or no prior knowledge of our great institution.

At the end of the day the truth will prevail as it always does.

Good article, Bill.

That etymology is fascinating.

Etymology

The term started to gain currency in 1622, when a new branch of the Catholic Church was created, called the Congregatio de Propaganda Fide (Congregation for Propagating the Faith), or informally simply Propaganda.[1][2] Its activity consisted in a group of cardinals pitching Catholicism in non Catholic countries.[1]

From the 1790s, the term began being used also for propaganda in secular activities.[1] The term began taking a pejorative connotation in mid 19th century, when it was appropriated from religion to the political sphere.[1] Its political use became particularly significant during World War I.[citation needed]

The bheasts have always been experts at propaganda.

Examples: their club is all inclusive, always persecuted / victimised, etc. they complained about the SFA and refereeing decisions.

They said it that much they even believed it.

They stepped it up with the BTC and cheating shite whilst other haters joined in.

Think we got complacent but as Gers fans we have to fight back, confront our enemies and win the propaganda war.