Follow up from the Lee Wallace Thread

delamonty

Why? I want as many Bears as possible to see this. Lee Wallace has assumed the Captain's role with ease -- and indeed, class.

From the Official Site.

LEE WALLACE believes the responsibility of playing for and captaining Rangers has improved him as a player in recent months.

The full back has deputised for Lee McCulloch in the skipper’s injury enforced absence and his form has warranted a call up to Gordon Strachan’s first Scotland squad.

The 25-year-old feels that call backs up his belief that regardless of a drop in divisions he has added to his game since leaving Hearts for Rangers in 2011.

Wallace said: “I feel on a personal level I have improved as a player. Having been here for a bit longer and having that demand in the games we play, regardless of the level, I feel has improved me.

“I’m still relatively fit, and come match day I feel good. The training is good, the standard of player we have is good and that’s where I’m working every day.

“We’re all fit and sharp and regardless of what division you are playing in I still feel that if called upon I can step in and do a job.”

Wallace looks set to captain Ally McCoist’s side at Tannadice with McCulloch still struggling with injury and he feels holding that job in recent matches has also added to his improvement.

He added: “The extra levels of responsibility that come with playing for this club will always improve you.

“I look at the last four matches where I have captained the team and know Rangers is a massive club and put the armband on for a team like that is huge.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Best signing we have made and only 25. A defender (like a keeper) has their best form in their 30's. (imho) With guys like Lee, wee Barrie, Lewis, Aird.. the future is very bright indeed (tu)

Not only a class player..... But another great attribute is you don't hear about him in the press unless it's about football.

Just seems to put the head down and get on with it. The way players should be.

Future captain for us and Scotland.

I've been told he's a Hearts man through and through. Don't know if that's true but he's more a Rangers man to me than those other self confessed Rangers players ( refuse to use the word men) that left last year when the going got tough. Well done Lee proud to have you aboard.

I've been told he's a Hearts man through and through. Don't know if that's true but he's more a Rangers man to me than those other self confessed Rangers players ( refuse to use the word men) that left last year when the going got tough. Well done Lee proud to have you aboard.

Dont care if he hearts man,showed more loyalty than some so called Rangers Men.