Celtic: More Than A Bad Loser

What is it that afflicts this club?

Why is a Celtic defeat frequently greeted with grievance and a sense of injustice? Why is Celtic almost unique in habitually pointing the finger away from itself and in the faces of others for its own inadequacies and shortcomings?

Why is there always a suggestion that this club has been cheated?

If Celtic was a person, it would be a world-renowned case study, but it's a club, a support and in the eyes of some, a cause.

Justice, apparently, is only in evidence at Celtic games when the team wins. When it loses, justice does a runner and Celtic's victimisation mindset comes to the fore and the implicit suggestion never varies: Celtic has been cheated, always cheated - never defeated.

Celtic has become European football's problem child. It lacks grace in defeat and wouldn't recognise sportsmanship if it fell over it(while claiming a penalty). It has no qualms about undermining the professional reputations of match officials in its haste to divert attention from its own failings.

For generations in Scotland, this has been the fixed mindset of the Celtic-minded: that it is an establishment plot to keep the club down, but this same attitude has travelled into Europe and challenged the integrity of the sport.

Scotland has to tolerate this club - but UEFA does not.

The European body should recognise that it has a rogue element in its midst, and deal with it appropriately.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think like sad cases the world over they have a knack of making well meaning people feel sorry for them ... I was listening to Richard Keys today bleeting on about poor old unlucky septic ignoring the fact that they had just been stuffed 3-0 at home :rolleyes:

Ah, but one of the Talksport hosts later in the day put on 'Crying' by Roy Orbison, in tribute to the clatty clan!!

A right Royal GIRFUY to the tramps.

See more posts saying bears den than anything else .Usually from someone who's never made any other contribution .Its pathetic .So many people have something to say and are shot down .This morning I started a thread about Rangers Fc a year later because a few were moaning saying bears den and too many beggar threads .My thread was ignored so maybe we are all just better moaning and shouting bears den

When they lost in both cups last season, failing to win the easiest treble they would ever get in the process, it was the ref's fault in the CIS Cup Final and it was the ref's fault in the Scottish Cup Semi Final vs Hearts.

Hearts - Neil Lennon has suggested that decisions he believes went against his Celtic side in their Scottish Cup semi-final were "personal". http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/17721320

Killie - Celtic manager Neil Lennon has criticised referee Willie Collum over a controversial penalty call during his side’s 1-0 league Cup final defeat to Kilmarnock. http://sport.stv.tv/....alty-decision/

NEIL LENNON slammed referee Willie Collum and insisted: YOU cost us the Treble.

http://www.thescotti....-a-Treble.html

When they lost the league in 2011 it was other teams' fault for raising their game against celtc and not against Rangers. And as we all know the 2 previous years were because the referees cheated them (just ask the Thai Tims).

When this is happens in Scotland it is now just accepted as normal. It now happens in Europe at every turn as well.

A disgrace: The referee robbed Celtic of victory against Udinese, Lennon fumes

http://www.dailymail....non-fumes.html

Celtic's Neil Lennon rues early kick-off against Atlético Madrid

http://www.guardian.....tletico-madrid

It now happens every time defeat in any competition occurs.

And today we have Lennon claiming the laws of the game should be changed to award penalties when the ball is out of play for a defender having his hand on an opposition player as they wait for a corner. We have Lennon telling us that celtc players 'warned the referee'. Another change to the rules it seems where celtc now dictate to officials.

Spoiled bastards indulged by an eager and agreeing Scottish media.

That is a very accurate and well worded assessment OP.

Ok so perhaps it wasn't entirely appropriate for 'Bears Den', but big deal. It annoys me more that certain so called fellow fans choose to use such an aggressive and abusive tone in their responses.

There has always been a bit of a clique mentality on here and as soon as I read the first reply I fully expected others to fall into line - they didn't disappoint.

See more posts saying bears den than anything else .Usually from someone who's never made any other contribution .Its pathetic .So many people have something to say and are shot down .This morning I started a thread about Rangers Fc a year later because a few were moaning saying bears den and too many beggar threads .My thread was ignored so maybe we are all just better moaning and shouting bears den

It has nothing to do with us though. You wouldn't go to a bank and ask for a cheeseburger would you? ;)

No need for particular anger but obsessing about Celtic is a bit sad is it not?

I liked your post earlier, but i'd say that encouraging this thread, with more discussion about bloody Celtic, in a week where everything has been about Celtic, probably isn't going to get more people to care about your thread, on Rangers.

I for one am not all that bothered about the thread being here, I can understand why people aren't particularly keen to talk about Celtic on a Rangers forum though (tu)

Edit: ah, its been moved already. bit of a moot point now I guess

There has always been a bit of a clique mentality on here and as soon as I read the first reply I fully expected others to fall into line - they didn't disappoint.

they are no longer our rivals,or even in the same league as us,why would any rangers fan want to discuss them?

this is a rangers forum,not a scottish football forum,not an SPL forum and certainly not a c***ic forum.

so take your pish somewhere else.

they are no longer our rivals,or even in the same league as us,why would any rangers fan want to discuss them?

this is a rangers forum,not a scottish football forum,not an SPL forum and certainly not a c***ic forum.

so take your pish somewhere else.

They will always be our main rivals no matter what.

Lesson over.