What songs are 'banned'?

ricksen_da_best

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that the same song that we were vilified for because someone claimed it was the famine song?

vilified? a few journos incorrectly claiming it was the wrong song and then, if memory serves, being forced to issue an apology and in one instance (Brian McNally I think) being banned by his employers from mentioning us on Twitter?

See thats what happens when an unreasonable person gets offended. They get slapped down and made to look like the idiot they are.

Am I? Did the tv network apologise for this? Did they state they would be contacting the authorities? Was the Dundee hibs manager asked about this in his after match conference?

Do they have an obligation to? Did they recieve complaints regarding it during the match? Were ESPN reacting to complaints recieved? Did Dundee United release a statement 45 minutes before the managers post match conference criticising a section of the supports behaviour?

Although on the very point you made. Did Rangers make any complaint to Dundee United about the 'Go home ya h***' chants? Or are they just 'laying into their own'?

Do they have an obligation to? Did they recieve complaints regarding it during the match? Were ESPN reacting to complaints recieved? Did Dundee United release a statement 45 minutes before the managers post match conference criticising a section of the supports behaviour?

Although on the very point you made. Did Rangers make any complaint to Dundee United about the 'Go home ya h***' chants? Or are they just 'laying into their own'?

Did Berwick complain to Rangers?

I know none are actually banned, and its all a myth from some SNP law that if you sing loud at the football your are commiting 'threatening communication' breaches. But what is actually leading to your door getting kicked in on a Monday morning?

UDR4, here lies a soldier, we are coming? When did they become 'sectarian' ?

I thought their was only one banned word? Pretty sure the law just goes on whatever songs getting sung the loudest. The Hoakey coakey was sectarian at one point ffs.

they are not banned and not sectarian , only phrases and words are outlawed

I'd agree with you on those two. Personally I'm not a fan of the UVF stuff but that's not offensive, just inappropriate. NPOR is a very tough one. Its not abusive but it is anti-catholicism which could cause offense under the legislation.

so UVF fighting for king and country during the great war is Inappropriate?

No pope of is freedom of expression but you need to watch the rosery beed line

I think you'll find the 'sectarian' songs referred to are songs that mention the UVF. So it's not 'that simple' fans are slating fans from Saturday and don't even know the facts.

nope, UVF songs are not sectarian , how can being driven into the great war be sectarian when they armed to defend there identity and British rights during 1912

nope, UVF songs are not sectarian , how can being driven into the great war be sectarian when they armed to defend there identity and British rights during 1912

becuase he is ignoring the fact that 'fenian bastards' was quite clearly audible on Saturday. A term which is indisputably sectarian.

Back Page of tomorrows DR saying that the club may draw up a list of banned songs.

Let us sing what we want, what happened to this country when you cant and be around other like minded people and sing songs.

Well if thats the case then whats the problem with IRA songs? or songs about the Ibrox disaster? like minded people etc...

Back Page of tomorrows DR saying that the club may draw up a list of banned songs.

Let us sing what we want, what happened to this country when you cant and be around other like minded people and sing songs.

may not even be this, its only lyrics we have to outlaw or change...

I don't see how RFC can compile a list of "banned" songs without input from the PF and police.

As has been stated on numerous occasions previously, it isn't necessarily the song or the tune, it is certain wording or add-ons which cause the problem. The Sash isn't sectarian because it doesn't have any offensive lyrics until people add FTP at the end. Same for Simply the Best until some add FTP and the IRA. We are Rangers, super Rangers is fine until "Fenian bastards" is included. The Billy Boys would be acceptable if we didn't sing "up to our knees in fenian blood".

This issue isn't rocket science all it requires is common sense and a willingness to put Rangers Football Club before personal preferences. We have posters on RM complaining about the criticism of those who disgraced the Club at Berwick. Why are you complaining about Rangers fans who simply want the best for the Club? These are fans who put Rangers first. How can people defend the idiots who sing songs with words they know are now illegal and also knowing what trouble it causes for Rangers?

I don't see how RFC can compile a list of "banned" songs without input from the PF and police.

As has been stated on numerous occasions previously, it isn't necessarily the song or the tune, it is certain wording or add-ons which cause the problem. The Sash isn't sectarian because it doesn't have any offensive lyrics until people add FTP at the end. Same for Simply the Best until some add FTP and the IRA. We are Rangers, super Rangers is fine until "Fenian bastards" is included. The Billy Boys would be acceptable if we didn't sing "up to our knees in fenian blood".

This issue isn't rocket science all it requires is common sense and a willingness to put Rangers Football Club before personal preferences. We have posters on RM complaining about the criticism of those who disgraced the Club at Berwick. Why are you complaining about Rangers fans who simply want the best for the Club? These are fans who put Rangers first. How can people defend the idiots who sing songs with words they know are now illegal and also knowing what trouble it causes for Rangers?

Because the posters who want the best for the club are (in no particular order) 'taigs, fenians, handwringers, apologists, anti-protestant, anti-british, anti-rangers'

Because the posters who want the best for the club are (in no particular order) 'taigs, fenians, handwringers, apologists, anti-protestant, anti-british, anti-rangers'

Pretty much this, because this stance is generally less aggressive it's really easy to shout down in a rarified environment like this, but the reason there's controversy over singing these songs (and the mentality and ideology they embody) isn't just because a few politicians decided to have a go at Rangers fans but because wider society (including the club itself, the very institution we all claim to support unreservedly) doesn't really find it acceptable anymore and aren't prepared to tolerate it.

Does this mean that as an actor within this scenario, the club is basically one giant "handwringer" because its stance is the one that most people who get tarred with that brush tend to align themselves with? I'm not uncomfortable with any part of my identity as a Rangers supporter, I've celebrated the club scoring against everyone from Stuttgart to East Stirlingshire in the same way but Northern Irish politics and a vocal dislike of the adherents of Catholicism has never played any part in my Rangers support... Why is it for those who do subscribe to both of those to dictate who is and who is not a true Rangers fan whilst going directly against the wishes of the club?

Pretty much this, because this stance is generally less aggressive it's really easy to shout down in a rarified environment like this, but the reason there's controversy over singing these songs (and the mentality and ideology they embody) isn't just because a few politicians decided to have a go at Rangers fans but because wider society (including the club itself, the very institution we all claim to support unreservedly) doesn't really find it acceptable anymore and aren't prepared to tolerate it.

Does this mean that as an actor within this scenario, the club is basically one giant "handwringer" because its stance is the one that most people who get tarred with that brush tend to align themselves with? I'm not uncomfortable with any part of my identity as a Rangers supporter, I've celebrated the club scoring against everyone from Stuttgart to East Stirlingshire in the same way but Northern Irish politics and a vocal dislike of the adherents of Catholicism has never played any part in my Rangers support... Why is it for those who do subscribe to both of those to dictate who is and who is not a true Rangers fan whilst going directly against the wishes of the club?

awaits replies saying 'the club are just saying it because they have to'...

I know none are actually banned, and its all a myth from some SNP law that if you sing loud at the football your are commiting 'threatening communication' breaches. But what is actually leading to your door getting kicked in on a Monday morning?

UDR4, here lies a soldier, we are coming? When did they become 'sectarian' ?

I thought their was only one banned word? Pretty sure the law just goes on whatever songs getting sung the loudest. The Hoakey coakey was sectarian at one point ffs.

You don't get many bands,well proper bands nowadays.Guitars Drums etc.

Even X Factor are all just singers,none of them can play an instrument.

Not bands but just vocalists doing the songs now

I could not honestly tell you any bands doing songs at the moment apart from maybe Stereophonics and Coldplay !