Charles at Ibrox this morning

72barca

He's talking about 4 out of contracts in September and new players in January next year, so maybe he thinks we can win a cup and get in that way.

I think we may well be good enough to win a cup, my response was regards to a post suggesting on our return to top league we will have a squad of similar strength to ?()£@

IMO it will take longer

Fair play to him for looking at every and all opportunities for us as a club but its my understanding its as black and white as you need 3 years if audited accounts to play in European competition...I don't see how we can get round this but as green would say no harm in asking!

It might take a while, so he may as well get the ball rolling,eh?

green has more pressing matter though, this will be the first year of audited accounts, so that only leaves another 2 to get our euro licence back, by then we most likely still wont have a proper euro capable team imo

Dont you think our squad could be equal or better than cellic's current squad in two years time ?

No not a chance imo, we will still be in the scottish football doldrums so getting euro capable players will be near impossible, even fast tracking us to the SPL wont be good enough as we would still have to gel a team and i dare say it, see how good ally has become as a manager as his previous euro experiences with us have been abysmal

Surely if we are victims of a criminal then that has to have some bearing?

It wont reverse the newco though, unless UEFA agree to exempt us from the 3 years accounts rule which is unheard of, then again our situation has been a unique event never happened to a major European giant before so maybe they will.

It wont reverse the newco though, unless UEFA agree to exempt us from the 3 years accounts rule which is unheard of, then again our situation has been a unique event never happened to a major European giant before so maybe they will.

Green claims he is negotiating with UEFA over it, so either he is lying or there's a possibility; otherwise why would UEFA bother negotiating, they would surely save themselves time and hassle by just saying "no".

Green claims he is negotiating with UEFA over it, so either he is lying or there's a possibility; otherwise why would UEFA bother negotiating, they would surely save themselves time and hassle by just saying "no".

Im not questioning Charles honesty im just wondering what form a deal to drop the European ban would take. Perhaps it has something to do with this sporting merit that Peter mentioned.

Never heard of that in uefas rules, i thought it was just another celtik piece of doublespeak like sporting integrity, how would it affect us then?

It's there mate and I don't know if any club have played in Europe using it. Personally I believe if a club from a lower division wins themselves a euro place and other evidence is produced to show that club was guilty of fraudulent activity then I believe sporting merit could take precedence.

Can you imagine if a brand new lower league club from anywhere in Europe wins a national cup and doesn't get a shot at Europe the following season. due to paperwork. That would be tragic and isn't what the ethos of the game is all about. Football first.

fuck all this euro talk nonsense until we are actually at a decent level in scotland eh, its a good dream and clearly they bastards run this season has whetted greens appetite to see that at ibrox, but lets not try to run before we can even walk properly

Quite!

If our efforts against those Euro-giants from Dundee are a yardstick, a more embarrassing than last year's early exit may loom!

It's there mate and I don't know if any club have played in Europe using it. Personally I believe if a club from a lower division wins themselves a euro place and other evidence is produced to show that club was guilty of fraudulent activity then I believe sporting merit could take precedence.

Can you imagine if a brand new lower league club from anywhere in Europe wins a national cup and doesn't get a shot at Europe the following season. due to paperwork. That would be tragic and isn't what the ethos of the game is all about. Football first.

Cheers mate i hope your right (tu) will be great to have the big European nights to look forward to again, even the Europa League fills me with anticipation :21:

Im not questioning Charles honesty im just wondering what form a deal to drop the European ban would take. Perhaps it has something to do with this sporting merit that Peter mentioned.

Well, like I said: there must be something. Why would UEFA even open a dialogue on the subject if not.