Apathy is our biggest enemy

Crespie6

That would be a good start, I've stated before there must be loads of fans not internet savvy that are unaware of this.

Should have an advertised 'Sign the petition day' . Get volunteer fans with Ipads etc just inside the turnstiles and nab everyone going in.

i'm not the sharpest with electrical devices, but i signed this, so it must be pretty straightforward.

edit: i like the 'sign the petition day' idea. i've thought we should have some concerted effort from all the sites - RM, FF, VB etc, where the only thing on the main page is the epetion link and some directions.

i'm not the sharpest with electrical devices, but i signed this, so it must be pretty straightforward.

I mean that there's loads of folk with internet access who support us but have no idea about stuff like this.

My Dad looks at me like I'm speaking Japanese when I give him a round up of what I've read on here.

He is your 'average fan' . Reads the odd paper at work, watches the games and watches the news reports, none of these are advertising links to sign an online petition.

We need to lead the horse to the water.

Exactly, that's why I signed it for my dad (with his consent), he's never touched a computer, only mouse he's ever used is for pulling sash window cords.

Yep, me too.

Loads out there who are clueless about it though.

The target market now should be fans who are there on matchday, so the online moaning is more than likely getting at fans who have already signed.

No offence intended at the OP btw but I've read this on Twitter everyday about fans 'not signing' and I think the lack of numbers is due to ignorance rather than lazyness.

I mean that there's loads of folk with internet access who support us but have no idea about stuff like this.

My Dad looks at me like I'm speaking Japanese when I give him a round up of what I've read on here.

He is your 'average fan' . Reads the odd paper at work, watches the games and watches the news reports, none of these are advertising links to sign an online petition.

We need to lead the horse to the water.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.

we seem to have a lot of horses in our support that aren't thirsty.

Could the season ticket holder announcements at half time be used to at least get everyone at ibrox aware? It's shocking that we're sitting at less signatures than fans in the stadium. Equally though, and I'm repeating myself, it's a disgrace that a petition is needed to get parliament to discuss what seems to be a clear breach of confidentiality and criminal actions on the part of staff at a large government department.

My dad and I signed it earlier in the week and since then it seems like only 20 have signed it. I'm inclined to agree with some people that it's not logging everyone's signature.

Unless of course they haven't actually signed it or they never clicked on the link in the confirmation email.

No ifs or buts I ran a wee experiment with a few of my Family, it's defo being manipulated!

Ok, I'm going to say this one last time and apologies to all forum members who have read my rhetoric on this before.

Forget the epetition and start a hard copy campaign to raise these 100,000 signatures. Have booths at every home game until the end of the season if need be. Put these sheets into every Rangers supporters club, every orange/ Masonic hall. Get every fan to go round his work, family and neighbours and get these signatures hand delivered to Downing Street.

So the message to RST/ RSA, union bears, blue order - get your finger out and organise this now

THIS IS MUCH MORE IMPORTANT THAN BOYCOTTING TANNADICE SO GET YOUR FINGER OUT,!!

A week after it was started, I said the response was bad, got blasted on here from some. Anyway, my gripe then was, how can we take so many to Manchester yet fail on this front?

The OP is correct, apathy is our enemy.

Any ideas though?

Otherwise you could be accused of apathy.

On a serious note, email the link to every bear you know and get them to submit it!

I have emailed that link to everybody on my mail list and facebook page who are eligble to vote,whether they be Rangers fans or not. I've passed the link on to my Nephew who is in Afghanistan and I've got him to pass it on to the rest of his regiment so they can in turn pass it along.

To say the response overall of less than we get at Ibrox every game is underwhelming to say the least is an understatement.

A week after it was started, I said the response was bad, got blasted on here from some. Anyway, my gripe then was, how can we take so many to Manchester yet fail on this front?

The OP is correct, apathy is our enemy.

Apart from this forum I have never seen much publicity about the e petition and if people don't know they cannot sign. Re Manchester how many were there just for the bevvy?