Jon Daly

Faircity

Jesus H. Tap-dancing Christ.

In a week just past that's been nothing but good news for the entire Rangers family we are being linked with a rabid Irish republican who's slower than Kris Boyd and built like he's just eaten Boyd (plus a bag of chips). No sell-on value and a terrible signal to send out to all the youngsters on our books who were told "they were our future!"

I've been castigated on here for stating that McCoist shouldn't be let anywhere near more than 10-bob of our transfer budget.

If this tale has any truth in it, I feel completely vindicated. :mad:

Please tell me I dreamt this one. :(

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, the guys complaining based on his religion/nationality are no doubt the same cunts who got us in trouble at Berwick.

As long as the guy gives 100% and scores goals then I don't give a flying fuck where he's from, what foot he kick's with or if he's had dinner at the Vatican.

Grow the fuck up or fuck off. We don't need nor want you as Rangers fans.

PS. We will be signing Boyd anyway.

....And who the fuck appointed you as leader, pontificating and getting all moral. Are you O'brien in disguise? Anything to confess?

He will not be at Ibrox and his 100% or any part there of will never be good enough!

One player does not define a whole footballing philosophy, we have a couple of divisions to build a good squad that can play. Why try and paint the picture good football is out yhe window with one signing lol

The team we have just now would walk to the SPL at a canter. we should be building a young team, who can play football. But no, we're apparently going for younger Lee McCullochs for more route one. I fucking despair. :anguish:

How can people be happy with this signing.

In a week just past that's been nothing but good news for the entire Rangers family we are being linked with a rabid Irish republican who's slower than Kris Boyd and built like he's just eaten Boyd (plus a bag of chips). No sell-on value and a terrible signal to send out to all the youngsters on our books who were told "they were our future!"

I've been castigated on here for stating that McCoist shouldn't be let anywhere near more than 10-bob of our transfer budget.

First bit - :lol:

Second bit - This would be a free transfer. No money, no vindication.

I don't know how anybody can talk about Daly only being a "pragmatic" signing for a couple of years just to see us through the divisions If that's the height of our ambitions in the short term then there is even less need to hand out what is likely to be the biggest contract of a players career then there is if we are building a team to peak when they reach the top flight.

If we are looking at the short term then we really should just be cherry picking the best players from the division above us and then discarding them when we go up.

Look at SD2 & SD1 and you have Lyle Taylor & Nicky Clark. 22 & 21 years old and have already scored 51 goals between them this season. That's the type of signing I would rather see us make.

Daly will probably do fine, but this is the wrong signing to make for so many reasons. I had hoped that we would leave this sort of signing behind us when we came out of administartion but obviously we haven't.

Gutted that anyone within the walls of Ibrox would believe this is a good signing / policy. Yet again missing the whole point of the position we've been put in and the opportunity to develop a squad and playing style that will place us on a better footing for years to come e.g. young, hungry players with sell on values or who make us a success. Have we not learned anything from the last few years that we can't buy in "shoite" (thats how Daly would say it) that we pay hefty wages to with no sell on value at all??? So so disappointing!

Have to agree with this .

We should be looking for players with sell on value.

The same mindset that got us in trouble is still in charge and I am at a loss buying players who are just after a final pay day.

if this is the sort of dross we're going to be chasing, McCoist with a transfer budget just doesn't bare thinking about. :anguish:

Not the type of signing I want to see us making but he'd score for fun in the 2nd division. Knows where the goal is, can hold the ball up, aerial presence, could even defend the odd corner or two for us :craphead:

Think he'd be a good partner for Little. As long as we move on Kyle and/or Sandaza.

Seriously, I've never sang a song at a game before that could have got us into trouble, I've not missed a home game for years and I'm telling you that he should be absolutely nowhere near our club, regardless of football ability, he is a republican bastard who can fuck right off. Now, you grow the fuck up and stop encouraging the republican bastards

What makes Jon Daly a republican bastard?

Not the type of signing I want to see us making but he'd score for fun in the 2nd division. Knows where the goal is, can hold the ball up, aerial presence, could even defend the odd corner or two for us :craphead:

Think he'd be a good partner for Little. As long as we move on Kyle and/or Sandaza.

People said that about Kyle & Sandaza and I don't think they even have five goals between them for the season.

We tried the sign proven top flight players approach last Summer and it didn't work. Time to try something else IMO.

People said that about Kyle & Sandaza and I don't think they even have five goals between them for the season.

We tried the sign proven top flight players approach last Summer and it didn't work. Time to try something else IMO.

True. No doubt Daly would take up a considerable wage too but I do believe he'd score a fair few. Kyle's been injured basically all of the time he's been here (pointless signing). Sandaza has been awful though.

if this is the sort of dross we're going to be chasing, McCoist with a transfer budget just doesn't bare thinking about. :anguish:

He's been a wonderful focus for the supporters this season - a legend on the pitch and a legend off it - his "we don't do walking away" is up there with Bill Struth's "we welcome the chase"....but furfuxsake, he couldna'e manage a menage.

By all means give him this season's title win - he and the team deserve that - but the support (us lot) deserve far more. We need to see progress. We want to see our own youngsters coming through the ranks. Some will make it, others won't - but they're ours and we live or die with them.

Big end-of-career-pay-day signings like Daly (30 going on 30-stone) are a fucking nonsense when we're where we are in Scottish football. I don't want us leap-frogging anyone back to the top flight:

A) We're not ready for it.

B) They can go and take a running fuck to themselves and their dead SPL.

If Charlie Green is peeking in (or one of his cohorts) then I beg with you Chic....don't give McCoist another penny to spend if this is the road he's wandering down.

Let the youth of today be the legends of tomorrow.

We've enough cash-hunting mercenaries as it is, thanks.

:(

He's been a wonderful focus for the supporters this season - a legend on the pitch and a legend off it - his "we don't do walking away" is up there with Bill Struth's "we welcome the chase"....but furfuxsake, he couldna'e manage a menage.

By all means give him this season's title win - he and the team deserve that - but the support (us lot) deserve far more. We need to see progress. We want to see our own youngsters coming through the ranks. Some will make it, others won't - but they're ours and we live or die with them.

Big end-of-career-pay-day signings like Daly (30 going on 30-stone) are a fucking nonsense when we're where we are in Scottish football. I don't want us leap-frogging anyone back to the top flight: A) We're not ready for it. B) They can go and take a running fuck to themselves and their dead SPL.

If Charlie Green is peeking in (or one of his cohorts) then I beg with you Chic....don't give McCoist another penny to spend if this is the road he's wandering down.

Let the youth of today be the legends of tomorrow.

We've enough cash-hunting mercenaries as it is, thanks.

:(

We have to strike a balance. Relying just on youth is not the answer. I'm not saying I agree with signing Daly but the attitude we should never sign anyone over 25 again is ridiculous. With that attitude we wouldn't have signed the likes of big Davie Weir.