Jon Daly

Faircity

Would be ally's type of striker IMO but I wouldn't want him at us

Assuming hemmings takes his chance when he gets it and gets a new deal then we don't really need a new striker , 4 is plenty jig , little , sandaza and Hemmings and you could add Naismith to that as well

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This sounds like a fucking horrendous move to me! This also shows the fact that we have NO scouting going on we should be using these few years to identify good quality young players to sign not donkeys from the SPL

Well said mate...and some of the opposition players we have seen with our own eyes this season..seem to be fitter...and more skillful than some of our own....AND they actually will "Play for the jersey"....being Rangers supporters.

I don't care where a player is from or who he played with; I just want decent quality and good football and adding Daly to the list of target men for the long high ball hardly suggests McCoist is serious about wanting to play the ball on the ground.

One of these days I'm gonna' get ejected from my vantage point in the Bill Struth Stand for shouting to Neil Alexander time-after-time, "Throw the ball out to feet.....furfuxsake!"

His constant launching from hand the high ball to our lone striker, who inevitably doesn't win it and thus gives the opposition the ball back, is driving me to drink and drugs.

McCoist must see this.....does he give a fuck about ball possession or is he just anable to fathom the notion that the team with the ball is in charge of the game.

A free agent, could be good business if wages are reasonable and I cant see why they won't. Is this mot good business or is ally just wrong at every turn to some of you?

I've arrived at this thread at 14 pages long, so I've not got the time to read through it all, but Daly would be OK for me. More so since I heard that arsehole Britney say that Rangers would 'maniplate' it so as Daly would be a free until we actually signed him, and a couple of other derisory comments, so just to annoy him, it would be a good signing.

But I think it would be a good thing anyway.

Other than winding up their small bunch of fans I don't see any real merit to this signing. I was under the impression we would be looking at younger & more mobile type of players that would have a resale value if towards the end of their contracts we decided to move them on.

I do accept that the team needs a bit more experience around it for next season but i don't see Daly being that type of influential player our youngsters need to aid their development

If that's true, he'd be a good signing and a decent foil for Little, better than Daly imo.

some are of the impression we only need youth, some don't want ally to be given funds, some slate the team every match day and some are never ever happy with anything. He's a rabid fenian, he wont give all his effort as he is from ROI, some want green out and highlight everything they can do to get bodies to turn.

The big picture, a freebie who can play at the back, and has a good record in yhe SPL as a front man. Just wages on this guy and it's still enough to have one in here question his season ticket renewals and we have had poster comment ally will drive customers away. It's a joke.

Other than winding up their small bunch of fans I don't see any real merit to this signing. I was under the impression we would be looking at younger & more mobile type of players that would have a resale value if towards the end of their contracts we decided to move them on.

I do accept that the team needs a bit more experience around it for next season but i don't see Daly being that type of influential player our youngsters need to aid their development

what experienced player would that be then that can come in?

some are of the impression we only need youth, some don't want ally to be given funds, some slate the team every match day and some are never ever happy with anything. He's a rabid fenian, he wont give all his effort as he is from ROI, some want green out and highlight everything they can do to get bodies to turn.

The big picture, a freebie who can play at the back, and has a good record in yhe SPL as a front man. Just wages on this guy and it's still enough to have one in here question his season ticket renewals and we have had poster comment ally will drive customers away. It's a joke.

Or the big picture could be: A 30 year old utility player with a history of knee problems (including an ACL & a PCL) behind him who is likely to be given the biggest contract of his career if he joins us as he enters a stage where a player is beginning to be talked about as a veteran.

We have been stung with this ilk of signing so many times in the past so I totally understand why people are reacting negatively towards it.

Or the big picture could be: A 30 year old utility player with a history of knee problems (including an ACL & a PCL) behind him who is likely to be given the biggest contract of his career if he joins us as he enters a stage where a player is beginning to be talked about as a veteran.

We have been stung with this ilk of signing so many times in the past so I totally understand why people are reacting negatively towards it.

I understand the calls fir K T to return then on that basis. I can understand concerns but some are just plain stupid.

I'm still not 100% convinced this is the type of player we should be going for in terms of his age, mobility, potential sell on value etc....

However, I was speaking to my mate from uni just there who is from Dundee and a utd fan. He says most utd fans rate him much higher as a centre back, he says he is rock solid and a good organiser. Now reports seem to suggest that ally is looking at him as a centre back so from that point of view it may make more sense than I have given credit....