DJ got dogs abuse from Billy Davies

Thermopylae

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He has served his apprenticeship elsewhere I think that's the least we can expect from the manager of the famous Glasgow Rangers ... especially in these difficult times

Really?

You are aware two of our most successful managers of the modern era had never managed a club before becoming our manager?

Hasn't worked out too badly in the past, has it?

DJ was absolutely spot on. He wasn't good enough for Rangers at that point. We were looking for a higher level of manager and that man was Walter Smith. It proved to be a tremendous appointment.

Walter did a good job but Davies being the younger man may still have been there and doing every bit as well

Really?

You are aware two of our most successful managers of the modern era had never managed a club before becoming our manager?

It is very risky though and the fact that the club nearly died less than a year ago means we now more than ever need a safe pair of hands

Walter did a good job but Davies being the younger man may still have been there and doing every bit as well

Our first European final in over 30 years, two Uefa Cup last 16 places, three CL group stage appearances, three titles in a row, three league cups, two Scottish cups....

It didn't work out too badly, did it?

I think we can safely say we made the correct appointment.

If Billy Davies can even achieve a tenth of what Walter has achieved in his career then he'll be doing well.

Our first European final in over 30 years, two Uefa Cup last 16 places, three CL group stage appearances, three titles in a row, three league cups, two Scottish cups....

It didn't work out too badly, did it?

I think we can safely say we made the correct appointment.

If Billy Davies can even achieve a tenth of what Walter has achieved in his career then he'll be doing well.

I agree Walter did very well but perhaps Davies would really have risen to the challenge at Ibrox and done at least as well

Get Billy Davies in ASAP! We can't pass by the chance to get a manager like that. We need a quality manager now more than ever. Billy is proven, Ally isn't, now's not the time to be taking chances.

Or maybe he would have been a total flop, like Paul Le Guen?

You just don't know but one thing we do know is that Walter was a huge success.

This is the point without trying you never know ... obviously Walter at that point had the track record and so was the safe pair of hands I'm talking about