A. Little bit of Patience

A famous French philosopher called Jean de la Bruyere once said:

"There is no road too long to the man who advances deliberately and without undue haste; there are no honors too distant to the man who prepares himself for them with patience"

Today i sighed when I saw threads appearing about how our youngsters are "pish", after a stalement at Ibrox. Granted we didn't deserve the win, but being honest we might not of been expected to. We fielded a team of mostly youth, players who our fans had been crying out to "get more chances" in previous weeks. They didn't seize the chance, but they'll come again. At least they kept it on the floor, and didn't resort to punting up the pitch time after time. Even if it didn't work, our approach to the game was much more pleasing to me than a 3-0 win by long ball punts.

Now whilst i'm not wanting to completely disregard somebody's opinion (let alone a fellow bear), I want to point peoples attention to the case of Andy Little.

Andy Little broke into our side in the 09/10 season, and although I couldn't be bothered to look back through the posts, people then said he was utter pish and wouldn't make it. The following season he scored a wonder goal, and was injured for large parts. We were all assured that he was still utter pish. Last season he didn't play until February in the league, but when he did he shone, scoring goals, creating assists and showing he can be a useful player. In fact, i'd go as far to say he was our best player (behind Aluko) post administration.

This season Andy's scored 20+goals, whilst mostly being played out wide. He'll be the first person to tell you he isn't a winger, but he's done a thankless task and still contributed to the side. However, there was still a thread started saying that he was "utter garbage" and that he would never make it as a Rangers player.

My point being, give the youth time. Their not going to win games comfortably when they've got a handful of appearances between them (i'm talking starts, not 5 minute cameos). I think Ally is onto this, and it's why he's picking our more youthful players now the league is wrapped up. I'm not saying all of them may make the grade, but their a better crop of players than many of the foreigners that have played for us before.

Then again they might not make it, but we'd be 23 goals lighter this season if one player who apparently is as mince as a cottage pie, had been let go. So maybe we don't know it all after all. Something i'm sure Jean de la Bruyere would agree with.

Im certainly not writing off our young players, theres potential in all that ive seen this season but i fear that unispiring tactics and poor coaching may stunt their development and keep them from progressing or make them reconsider their future at Rangers. Some will no doubt fall by the wayside as young players at huge clubs do all the time but with the right focus on skill and profesionalisim, and the right attitude some can for the most part, be a real nucleus of Rangers for the next 5-10 years if we can keep them out of English clubs hands for that long.

Im certainly not writing off our young players, theres potential in all that ive seen this season but i fear that unispiring tactics and poor coaching may stunt their development and keep them from progressing or make them reconsider their future at Rangers. Some will no doubt fall by the wayside as young players at huge clubs do all the time but with the right focus on skill and profesionalisim, and the right attitude some can for the most part, be a real nucleus of Rangers for the next 5-10 years if we can keep them out of English clubs hands for that long.

This (tu)

my main annoyance is that they should have had more than a 5 minutes cameo here and there . given the fact that 90% of ally's signings have been pish and he the fact that keeps greetin about having a small squad he hasnt utilized it .

some of them could make it but they aren't going to by being given 5 minute every 6 games or so

also as a youngster if i kept seeing black and hutton ( recent form) gettiing a game ahead of me no matter how shit they have been i would loose a lot of confidence

Tactics and coaching? We're playing part-time, semi-professional men who, Monday-to-Friday, are doing long, gruelling shifts. Let's be honest, at Third Division level, these are not the best, but the players who can be arsed training twice and playing a game for £50 per-week.

We should be able to win these games without a manager, for fuck's sake.

yes were pretty poor but can anyone on the site tonight tell me they wont go back? no didnt think so we will be there next year and the next.why because the rangers is our club.just greatful to be up at ibrox

4-1-4-1 at home to Stirling is pish. Shouldve been 4-4-2 with McKay and Aird told to push on from wide

Faure at CB and McCulloch upfront giving Hemmings a hand, talking him through it and actually giving the Stirling defence something to think about

Alot of us wanted to see the youngsters given a chance but the system today did them no favours at all,, can see why McCoist played it with the inexperience of the midfield but I just think we were always going to struggle to score today the way we set up

benefit of hindsight is a great thing but we should be having a right go at teams especially at home,, Stirling wouldve seen the team before the game and instantly thought they had a chance

Sadly we made it far too easy for them today