Kyle Hutton

stewaj3

Agreed.

He's a player who I've never seen the hype about but loads of people seem to rate him mainly on the back of one game against Man Utd (a game where he didn't even do anything of note IMO)

If you had to rank his attributes/ability out of 10 he would probably get no more than a 6 for anything.

Man United went two games that whole season in every competition where they failed to score at Old Trafford.

Only two so for us to go there and not concede is a remarkable achievement, every player did a job. Hutton was playing the holding midfield and in a defensive formation that role is key, the fact we didn't concede is testament to how well he did, at a very young age aswell.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It says it all when a 17/18 year old lad came in and showed players like Hutton what a central midfielder should be. Ever since young MacLeod has been out we have struggled badly in the middle of the park.

McLeod - Attacking midfielder.

Kyle Hutton - Defensive midfielder.

In my opinion, McLeod will always look better bombing forward where as Hutton will do the unnoticed job.

Not that i am comparing Hutton to McLeod here as McLeod has done tremendous just think it's not a fair comparison.

Walter had a habit of throwing players into European games and then never playing them again. The only exception would be Danny Wilson. If he worked on certain parts of his game he could become a good player for us in the lower leagues. Given his physique he should be dominating games in the middle of the park for us. If he worked on his technical ability then he could be the one who dictates the tempo of the game, something which is far too slow. If he wants to become a better player in the position he plays, then he should be studying videos of the best players in that position. This is the chance for players like Hutton to cement their place in the team, but he is one who will likely leave in January if he doesn't improve.

Good post (tu)

I will say that i think it's all in Huttons hands how his future pans out but in my opinion there is the potential there, it's all down to him.

Man United went two games that whole season in every competition where they failed to score at Old Trafford.

Only two so for us to go there and not concede is a remarkable achievement, every player did a job. Hutton was playing the holding midfield and in a defensive formation that role is key, the fact we didn't concede is testament to how well he did, at a very young age aswell.

He didnt play in that game.

He didnt play in that game.

That's my argument busted then :lol:

Don't have the best of memories, are you sure he didn't? He definitely played against Man U, maybe i am confusing the home and away tie, even still at Ibrox we were solid and was it not a last minute penalty that lost us it?

I had tickets to that game and after suffering two humiliating home defeats managed to miss the Man U one :lol:

That's my argument busted then :lol:

Don't have the best of memories, are you sure he didn't? He definitely played against Man U, maybe i am confusing the home and away tie, even still at Ibrox we were solid and was it not a last minute penalty that lost us it?

I had tickets to that game and after suffering two humiliating home defeats managed to miss the Man U one :lol:

It was the home one. :lol:

It was the home one. :lol:

Where we did well. Also just for the sake of "just wan game" argument, he also played in several other European games and played well and also featured in OF games where he did well.

People were creaming themselves over a Hutton & Ness partnership in the middle.

Where we did well. Also just for the sake of "just wan game" argument, he also played in several other European games and played well and also featured in OF games where he did well.

People were creaming themselves over a Hutton & Ness partnership in the middle.

I'm almost certain that was the only European game he has played in...

Hutton didn't even play in the game at Old Trafford. He played in the game we lost at Ibrox.

McLeod - Attacking midfielder.

Kyle Hutton - Defensive midfielder.

In my opinion, McLeod will always look better bombing forward where as Hutton will do the unnoticed job.

Not that i am comparing Hutton to McLeod here as McLeod has done tremendous just think it's not a fair comparison.

Name me games that Hutton has impressed you in.

You seem to be convinced he is a good player when performances in a Rangers jersey say otherwise.

I'm almost certain that was the only European game he has played in...

"Hutton, who moved to the Pars on transfer deadline day, also faced Bursaspor and PSV Eindhoven in Europe but was gutted to be overlooked for SPL duty."

http://www.<No links to this website>/sport/football/kyle-hutton-relishing-relegation-scrap-1115894

You seem to be convinced he is a good player when performances in a Rangers jersey say otherwise.

Let me clarify that right now Hutton is not a good player but i feel that is down to coaching and that there is a player in there.

The Man United game he did exceptional in.

The OF games he has played in, i recall being bemused at his selection then pleasantly surprised with his performance, when we were suffering an injury crisis.

Motherwell this year was the game when we saw the potential that this squad has and he alongside McLeod were the MOM.

I know it's not a list with sources as my memory is diabolical but they are games that did happen where he showed that there is a player there with potential.

I agree that he's not living up to any of the potential at the minute but i am hopeful when the team gets out of this rut whenever that may be that he will also come out of a rut and shine.

Hutton didn't even play in the game at Old Trafford. He played in the game we lost at Ibrox.

It's been pointed out to me doh

I was getting my memories of the home and away fixture crossed. Obviously you could argue Ibrox was an easier tie to play well in but he still played well against Man United at a young age in only his second club start.

Being out in Kushion with Kane Hemmings last night until the early hours won't have helped matters either...

This all goes back to attitude... And unfortunately too many of our players (and Scottish footballers on a general level) don't have the right attitude to improve and be the best they can as they are pampered in at Murray park and think they have made it!

Now I know some will argue they can do what they want when it's their free time but this says to me either that they aren't giving their full attention to training and developing as if they are out the night before training they won't get the same level out of training sessions the next day....or worse that ally has given them time off over the international break which would be a joke with the way we have being playing recently!

The young boy who left Aberdeen for Bournemouth was in the paper talking about the difference in attitude down there where most players stay back after training to work on fitness, set pieces etc....up here and it seems at rangers there isn't the same self motivation! Hutton is the prime example of a lad who has a degree if ability and all the advantages going yet seems to be happy to coast by without doing the extra work he needs to be a regular 1st team player as we get back to the SPL....like the team in general I feel too many players have let this fantastic opportunity pass them by!

Its frustrating (I was his biggest fan at the start of season) he certainly has the talent but he doesn't impose himself on games enough. I feel he could get forward more and basically dominate games being a box to box midfielder.

Its frustrating (I was his biggest fan at the start of season) he certainly has the talent but he doesn't impose himself on games enough. I feel he could get forward more and basically dominate games being a box to box midfielder.

Don't think he's got the pace to be a box to box midfielder

Don't think he's got the pace to be a box to box midfielder

Could be right mate, though I felt he could be a Frank Lampard style player using a bit of intelligence to get about the pitch timing his runs? I just feel he takes the easy option too many times in a match.

Agree with this - he is just not good enough. He has had numerous chances to impress and he looks slow and technically poor.

He was great against Motherwell and for a few games after he broke into the team and since he established himself as a first team regular he has been well below average. Lewis MacLeod carried him through many games this season.

His performance against man united tells me that there must be a player in there. He hasnt been challenged though due to injuries and a lack of bodies. I can't see Ally getting rid of him though.

Whilst not here to defend Hutton he is another who is too often played out of position.

He is not a creative midfielder by any stretch.

He may do a job as a defensive midfielder but that is about his limit.

Seems to do better alongside McLeod.