European football

Chesh

Thinking on about what CG said about English football and the Bosman lawyer and European laws......

I know this may be a big spin I put on this but could this be the first stepping stones to a European league and the break up of domestic football as we know it. is that CGs end game and could ge be putting Rangers at the front of anything that happens.

European football is becoming stale,out with the usual big teams with their millions to spend does any other team even dream about winning it? It has to be addressed and the only feasible way to do it is by creating larger money streams for the smaller leagues. The only doubt I would have is that a league the size of the premiership would be on the receiving side of any uefa change,more likely they would allow us to join with the welsh league.

The people running our club & the business will aspire to take part in whatever competition that will generate the biggest profit for its shareholders. CG & co are just casting there net as far as they can, to see what options they may have,if this makes the people running our game uncomfortable to me that is a bonus

Honestly? I don't think he actually intends to leave Scottish football.

I think this is all a powerplay for fast track to the SPL.

It's a Play, not sure how much Power it has!

Agree with you AC, he is attempting to put the frighteners up but his constant criticism of the authorities will backfire in this instance. It's all well and good the fans having a pop at the authorities (and I use that word very lightly) but I don't think it's going to sway them on us being fastracked.

Sounds camp but if we had been a little less aggressive at director level last summer, the good cop/bad cop of Green and the fans may have worked a treat and we would be back in the SPL next year. In fairness to CG (I know!) he did have a job on his hands getting the fans to back him and also deal with the SFA/SPL in what was a hectic spell.

The CL is a winning format for all who are dining at the top table and any cross border leagues would threaten that so I can't see it ever happening unless uefa feel that some other organisation is threatening their monopoly.

This current monopoly probably does breach European law and that's over and above what CG is pushing at a UK level.