Have we set more records today than we think?

mclovin9091

I think today we will have set 3 records at least, with them being

1. Youngest squad title winning team (avg. 23.8 years i think)

2. Smallest squad to win a league (24 players)

3. earliest the leagues been wrapped up

Any more anyone can think of?

Anyone confirm the above?

Gretna beat us in 2 of them, Despite the excuses we have a much bigger squad than SFL part time clubs and when Dumbarton won the 3rd division a few years ago they had a very young team and I'm sure other teams winning the lower leagues will have had younger teams... so I think you are clutching at straws here!

QOTS won the 2nd last week

Gretna beat us in 2 of them, Despite the excuses we have a much bigger squad than SFL part time clubs and when Dumbarton won the 3rd division a few years ago they had a very young team and I'm sure other teams winning the lower leagues will have had younger teams... so I think you are clutching at straws here!

You on the other hand are clutching at negativity.

You on the other hand are clutching at negativity.

It's not negativity....it's realism and fact. Gretna and Livingston both accumulated more points than us with smaller squads and smaller budgets!

We really need to stop making this out to be something it's not! It's an achievement and its a step in the right direction but in many ways it has also been a disappointment and a wasted opportunity! If you want to believe everything is rosy feel free but I'm looking at the bigger picture!

It's not negativity....it's realism and fact. Gretna and Livingston both accumulated more points than us with smaller squads and smaller budgets!

We really need to stop making this out to be something it's not! It's an achievement and its a step in the right direction but in many ways it has also been a disappointment and a wasted opportunity! If you want to believe everything is rosy feel free but I'm looking at the bigger picture!

Go on tell me,what did you expect from this season ?

Go on tell me,what did you expect from this season ?

Progress, an actual young team being given the chance to play regularly, to make mistakes, learn and develop as a team, a long term vision to be put in place for signing strategy, scouting and coaching, the implementation of a progressive style of play to enthuse the fans and to develop a style of play that could improve and develop as we ascend the leagues, I expected to see effort and attitude from the players, I expected to see work done on formations, tactics and set pieces away from the pressure of the old firm, I expected for the fans to enjoy the season and for the togetherness and feel good factor at the start to be harnessed by the club to encourage a new generation of fans, I expected the likes of black, sheils etc to play to a much higher standard.....

I didn't expect to win every game or to challenge in the cups but why did we have the 2nd highest wage in the country just to get out division 3....especially when ally has admitted he will change the squad in the summer.....whatever way you look at it, IMO this season has been a wasted opportunity where we have heard more excuses than plans for the future!