Charles Green tells Ally McCoist to sack pals to save his own job

dan_ger

More pishy quotes from "an insider" so no idea if there is any substance in it. It looks likely that this is another story plucked out of the air to create division between boardroom, team and fans. What does everyone think? Also if true is it right that a CEO influences a Manager the abilities of the back room staff? Surely he should have an opinion on employee performance? Are the current backroom staff the right men for the job going forward?

EDIT: With the help of Bouncy Bear the story has been proved wrong. Another nonsense story from the DR- http://www.rangers.c...onship-is-fine?

CHARLES GREEN has asked Ally McCoist to consider sacking right-hand men Ian Durrant and Kenny McDowall to save his own job.

And we can reveal the astonishing request has plunged Rangers into civil war.

Embattled Ibrox chief executive Green has undermined boss McCoist by axing physio Pip Yeates, chief scout Neil Murray and striker Fran Sandaza in a chaotic two-week purge.

But the Yorkshireman has now gone even further by telling McCoist he believes Durrant and McDowall must also be binned as part of his restructuring plans.

McCoist has been rocked by Green’s request but is almost certain to stand his ground and demand his coaching team stays.

And that could lead to a further deterioration of his relationship with the man who has already branded his team the worst Rangers side in history.

Club insiders believe McCoist was nearing the end of his tether with Green before the outspoken chief floated the idea of knifing his mates in the back.

It is difficult to see how the pair can now repair the damage done to their working relationship.

We can also reveal Green’s admission he teamed up with disgraced former owner Craig Whyte to drive through his Sevco takeover has caused huge unrest in the boardroom and among shareholders.

Chairman Malcolm Murray has yet to comment but a source close to the saga said: “There is a high level of concern about some of the things going on.”

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't seen this up here yet, apologies if it already is. No quotes of any kind, not even from "an insider" so no idea if there is any substance in it.

CHARLES GREEN has asked Ally McCoist to consider sacking right-hand men Ian Durrant and Kenny McDowall to save his own job.

And we can reveal the astonishing request has plunged Rangers into civil war.

Embattled Ibrox chief executive Green has undermined boss McCoist by axing physio Pip Yeates, chief scout Neil Murray and striker Fran Sandaza in a chaotic two-week purge.

But the Yorkshireman has now gone even further by telling McCoist he believes Durrant and McDowall must also be binned as part of his restructuring plans.

McCoist has been rocked by Green’s request but is almost certain to stand his ground and demand his coaching team stays.

And that could lead to a further deterioration of his relationship with the man who has already branded his team the worst Rangers side in history.

Club insiders believe McCoist was nearing the end of his tether with Green before the outspoken chief floated the idea of knifing his mates in the back.

It is difficult to see how the pair can now repair the damage done to their working relationship.

We can also reveal Green’s admission he teamed up with disgraced former owner Craig Whyte to drive through his Sevco takeover has caused huge unrest in the boardroom and among shareholders.

Chairman Malcolm Murray has yet to comment but a source close to the saga said: “There is a high level of concern about some of the things going on.”

Where did this come from bud. I said a couple of weeks ago that Ally may have to remove his coaches to keep his own position.

Where did this come from bud. I said a couple of weeks ago that Ally may have to remove his coaches to keep his own position.

I've been saying to my mates for a month now that what is needed is for McCoist to take an extended break once the season is over. Send him away for 3-4 weeks with his family to the sunshine and let him fully rest and recuperate after everything that has happened in the last 18 months. Then when he comes back he should be presenting his vision for the future, if he has one. There is no time for people to remain if they can't meet the standards required. That vision has to come from McCoist though, if not he cant be the man for the job.

I do think with some time away he might well be better placed to gain a clearer mind on what has to be done. Then decide if he is the man to do it. (tu)

they go - ally will go - that will please some on here but if there is any truth in this it's like Romanov at hearts and his interference - which cost them lots of managers - manager should be judged on results and his 'back team' is his call based on that and not a CEO/ board decision.

however 'sources' could be any fker with an agenda!

I've been saying to my mates for a month now that what is needed is for McCoist to take an extended break once the season is over. Send him away for 3-4 weeks with his family to the sunshine and let him fully rest and recuperate after everything that has happened in the last 18 months. Then when he comes back he should be presenting his vision for the future, if he has one. There is no time for people to remain if they can't meet the standards required. That vision has to come from McCoist though, if not he cant be the man for the job.

I do think with some time away he might well be better placed to gain a clearer mind on what has to be done an then decide if he is the man to do it. (tu)

Fair point, I know when I had my business I need my breaks a way to chill and just get away from everything, but ended up phoning every bloody day :7325: But he does have to present his plans from the youths upwards and give a concise insight into how many players he needs in the coming years and at what level of player, he thinks he needs for each step along the way.

This is concerning reading. Fair enough no direct quotes but it does not bode well. I do the Durrant should go as i dont have a clue what he does and we need an intelligent coach in there (also when my wee boy was mascot a few years ago he completely ignored us, petty but i just thought it rude), perhaps go to the Dutch again. The coaching structure needs changed from bottom to top but i dont like the rhetoric at the moment.

they go - ally will go - that will please some on here but if there is any truth in this it's like Romanov at hearts and his interference - which cost them lots of managers - manager should be judged on results and his 'back team' is his call based on that and not a CEO/ board decision.

however 'sources' could be any fker with an agenda!

poppycock. vast majority are blind to the failings of their back team as they tend to be pals and brought in to watch their back. Sometimes it is put to a manager that the board are unhappy with the way things are going and their concerns are made known and if they are undecided re the manager they have every right to say, look we want you to succeed so we suggest you look at getting new backroom staff to see how this goes........now this can be genuine concern or merely used to force the manager to make a decision.

But to say the CEO / Board cannot call for this action is way way off mark.

Fair point, I know when I had my business I need my breaks a way to chill and just get away from everything, but ended up phoning every bloody day :7325:But he does have to present his plans from the youths upwards and give a concise insight into how many players he needs in the coming years and at what level of player, he thinks he needs for each step along the way.

For me this season, at times Ally has looked ill and unhealthy on the touchline. He has looked like a man with nothing left in the tank but anxiety and weariness. I think when that happens it is difficult to keep a clear mind and you start relying on those who you know have always been there for you. Unfortunately those who have always been there are showing signs of coasting and may well be putting Ally in a difficult position, relying on his loyalty. I want Ally to be a success but he will have to make some tough decisions to get there.

Pretty clear he is trying to get rid of ally without sacking him, as much as I want McCoist out this is not the way to go about it IMO.

That will be very very messy as it will be a case of constructive dismissal and will cost a fortune if it gets like that. I hope its not the case, but if this is true (which it may not be) then it could be a very horrid way to treat our club legend and will be a disaster for season tickets.

So "the night of the long knives" continues.Green wants Ally out but doesnt want to upset STH.He knows that Ally will be loyal to his coaches and has placed him in a no win situation.god help our club just when you think we are making progress?

For me this season, at time Ally has looked ill and unhealthy on the touchline. He has looked like a man with nothing left in the tank but anxiety and weariness. I think when that happens it is difficult to keep a clear mind and you start relying on those who you know have always been there for you. Unfortunately those who have always been there are showing signs of coasting and my well be putting Ally in a difficult position, relying on his loyalty. I want Ally to be a success but he will have to make some tough decisions to get there.

I agree with everything above, have made it clear that I did not think Ally had it to be manager when he was assist to Walter and also mentioned body language and got a bit of stick for that, but you can tell by the way someone looks and also his mannerisms.

So yeah perhaps send him away for a month just to have a complete relax and see what that does for him. After all he has staff that can carry on for a month re players that he wants and no doubt that process has already started.

Green is giving McCoist the opportunity to save his job by bringing in people who would be better at helping him. It works for Green because now Ally has to make the decision.

The priority this season was to get a team together and win the division, then next it must be to have the correct structure in place in terms of development, success and finance. I don't think that McDowell, Durant and McCoist are the best men to do that.

I think the writing has been on the wall for Ally since day one(with Green.)The support or lack of it have to be willing to take a share of this on board as the message boards have clearly stated that the vast majority want Ally out.The constant battering that Ally has taken from our support has only helped to feed Green the amo he needs but it will be very sad if he is forced out in any underhand way.If this happens then i hope you can all hold your heads up with the same dignity as Ally Mc Coist has be able to do in the most turbulent time in the history of our great club.As for Ally needing a break I couldnt agree less as there is "plenty time for sleeping when your dead" as the saying goes.Whether your a buisness man or a bin man it doesnt mean you work any harder than the next man or are any better for that matter.Honestly some people are so far up their own arse that they clean their teeth with loo roll.

This might be true, might not be, but we seem to be getting a constant dribble of information designed to hurt Rangers. The Daily Rhebel is far from an impeachable source.

I wouldn't be averse to the idea, Ally is sometimes viewed as being a bit of a soft mark, A ruthless streak is sometime required for a successful team Manager.

Don't see a vast majority on here wanting rid of Ally.