Support Charles v Time to walk away

Ive been asked by some friends from the dark side how much will it take for me to walk away from Rangers with their not paying taxes, the crap football, and now their chairman with his comments?

Am I not just embarassed by it all?

I'm over 50 yo... is it not time I should grow up?

Now putting aside the point that Charlie's comment were not racist but perhaps a little insensitive in the media glare. And putting aside the financial shenanigans and the taped phone calls from Whyte. (These hardly compare to the phone hacking allegations of our mhedia - who castigate us at every opportunity, the expenses fraud by our politicians, the Libor rate fixing scandal of international banks.) Let us remember that business is murky - it was always thus - and Whyte is releasing tiny soundbites to a rhabid mhedia. Who is it that is being investigated by the police. Now putting aside all that, LEST WE FORGET... it was Charles who rode to our rescue. OK, he's got faults, as we all have and he wasn't "one of us" and he is in it for the money. But I'll tell you this. People with all the money in the world come back to sport and football... cue Abramovich. So football and the love of a team trumps money. Charlie may have came for the money and may eventually leave with money - but that was never a guarantee. What is obvious to me is that he is working hard on our behalf, defending us, fighting on many quarters... and making the odd faux pas which I will forgive him for. The idiot... and that's what he is... with the banner "Green must go" at the Linfield game should be ashamed of himself. We will make mistakes, Green, Ally and the players and we can debate things with our fellow supporters and on here... but we must support more corporately and together. They try to divide and conquer but We must stay together and strong for WATP. Green has become "one of us." I feel it in my bones. OK, I admit it, I'm wary and have some fears and he is let's say creative in some of his statements... but he seems on board. He's a blunt Yorkshireman and he can be crass. He's always going to trip himself up on occasion... it's gonna be a bumpy ride.

However I digressed and got carried away there... my friend and the walking away?

I asked him how he felt about the Cardinal and didn't he feel like walking away from the the RC Church. He said the Church was more than a person and that it stood for so many good things and that he was committed to it and would always be so.

I smiled, we are more than a person too, more than a club, and we will forgive him his trangressions - I reminded my friend.

My friend laughs at my comparison of my commitment to my team on par with his to his religion. I'm atheist btw, but respect the rights of others be they RC or protestant (which to be fair I often refer to myself as) to worship a God (that doesn't exist) a Virgin (that never was), a pope or whatever. (The last sentence was with a hint of irony with the clash of respect and the "No god" digs, so no high horses please.

As I was saying he laughs, but the point is My commitment is total. It's100%. Im at every home game - every year with my son. Am I buying next year? You bet. OK The football was dire but I'll be back no matter what. remember the banner "If they make you play on the streets ...we will support you from the pavements." I nearly got it tattooed on my arm and believe me, in my line of work, that'd make things a little difficult. I can get entertainment from the Telly, movies, theatre, movies, books, occasionally the wife... I support Rangers. that is what I bring to them. Entertainment is what i sometimes get in return but what i give them will be unwavering.

Polls about buying a ST - unbelievable.

This started out as going to be the following and turned into a rant...but I got a few things off my chest so thanks for listening

Cut down version ----Ive been asked by some friends from the dark side how much will it take for me to walk away from Rangers with their not paying taxes, the crap football, and now their chairman with his comments?

Am I not just embarassed by it all?

I'm over 50 yo... is it not time I should grow up?

I asked him how he felt about the Cardinal and didn't he feel like walking away from the the RC Church. He said the Church was more than a person and that it stood for so many good things and that he was committed to it and would always be so. I smiled, we are more than a person too, more than a club, and we will forgive him his trangressions - I reminded my friend.

Craig Whyte didn't pay tax. Not Rangers. No offence but I stopped reading at that point.

You should try and avoid talking to your Celtic supporting friends on Rangers related matters, as you can see the results can be distorted.

Its funny how I missed the mood music here by starting with a colleagues comments to me....

We need to stop being soooo suspicious of everyone.

Im now incandescent on the NO SURRENDER CHARGE. and on the not gulity charge Pro-ira singing. the Crown must appeal. Unbelievable

Cue tattoos NO SURRENDER

I wouldnt Listen to them, I have no Contact with any of the Darkside, and wouldn't even be in their Company any more .

I would only be able if I worked with any of them, to Converse in a Professionall Capacity ie Work, the Rest I wouldn't even enter into Conversation about us .They absolutely despise us .

They are Fucking obsessed, and Bigoted to a Level that astonishes even me .

Im 54 and was Born in Glasgow in the Centre of their Apparthied Schooling Hatred and Ideology , so I know how they Think.

Its distorted, and would take Years to change their way of thinking .They are sad People.

Oh and no I will never stop Supporting Rangers no matter who was in charge .

Its not dependant on results or Trophys .

We will rise again .

what are you looking for with this thread?

you seem to answer the question, and the fact you have brought it up is in itself questionable.

Why would he be looking for anything?

I thought it was a good post and for the guy who stopped reading it, well it's your loss.

No matter what our club does it will never ever ever compare to them covering up child abuse by their employees .

So if he brings up the subject again ask him why he supports a team that covered for paedoes working for them

Bloody stupid post. It would take vastly more than a few newspaper articles written by people trying to harm us to make any Rangers fan think about walking away. We have gotten through the worst of it. We have climbed out of Div 3, it looks like reconstruction is dead for this year so we get promoted & we have the time to build a proper team staring later in the year.

As for Charles Green and his supposedly racist remark, if the person making the comment was not thinking anything racist when they said it and the person it was made about does not think it's racist then it's not racist.

I take the points about not listening to them. I work in a v mixed environment where THEY sneer and laugh and comment on our situation. because of my professionalism I find it difficult to comeback with there paedophile club, paedophile religion and the thing that bugs me most which is the sectarian schools advocated by them in my home town. These are "No go areas in the field I work" where them having a go is a bit of banter...

However my tails of ongoing support riles them just enough. They can't quite get it

Your a fucking stinking mick! Oh my dark side pals said this and I said that all with a very contrived almost committiee written style! Fuck off back to your mhanky fucking pals. I have kicked into touch any cunt that has exposed their true bitter selves during the last 14 months, which means no Facebook mhankies no Pub mhankies in fact no mhankies full stop, and that now includes you cause yer blocked.

I wouldnt Listen to them, I have no Contact with any of the Darkside, and wouldn't even be in their Company any more .

I would only be able if I worked with any of them, to Converse in a Professionall Capacity ie Work, the Rest I wouldn't even enter into Conversation about us .They absolutely despise us .

They are Fucking obsessed, and Bigoted to a Level that astonishes even me .

Im 54 and was Born in Glasgow in the Centre of their Apparthied Schooling Hatred and Ideology , so I know how they Think.

Its distorted, and would take Years to change their way of thinking .They are sad People.

Oh and no I will never stop Supporting Rangers no matter who was in charge .

Its not dependant on results or Trophys .

We will rise again .

Are you me? This 100% (tu)

Nacho...fair point

I think though my initial post is supportive of green and the club.

My point was ....SUPPORT THE CLUB ...NO MATTER WHAT

I was displaying my anger and frustration at work yesterday... just offloading.

Fester... seriously..... Im saying we should be together. Contrived writing style. FFS.

Happy to meet any of you at game tomorrow fester. Don't appreciate being called a MIck. Meet you or any of mods. Just to say Hi, have a handshake and move on...no name calling and all that. or you can ask anyone from Thornliebank. My credentials as a supporter are impeccable....so please do not call me a fucking Mick

Craig Whyte didn't pay tax. Not Rangers. No offence but I stopped reading at that point.

You should try and avoid talking to your Celtic supporting friends on Rangers related matters, as you can see the results can be distorted.

like simon says

charles for me every day.whatever he said i don't care upset all the fuckers journaPists chinese face and the manager of them mr spoon i'm happy get upset at the games but i.m better than them lets not forget that wee are the rangers and i said on twitter an old song a chinky and a paki. our song is telling mr green young lads i think to fuck off please stick together.bye the bye i'll where my scarf like you have got 14.45 john greig see how they compair.cheers

charles for me every day.whatever he said i don't care upset all the fuckers journaPists chinese face and the manager of them mr spoon i'm happy get upset at the games but i.m better than them lets not forget that wee are the rangers and i said on twitter an old song a chinky and a paki. our song is telling mr green young lads i think to fuck off please stick together.bye the bye i'll where my scarf like you have got 14.45 john greig see how they compair.cheers