Hemdani

GOAT

I liked him. I don't remember him doing much really but he was good at retaining possession and acting as cover for the defence. He also proved himself very competent in European games and didn't look out of place at all.

Although I can understand why some don't think he's anything special. He didn't have the aggression that Thomson had or the technical ability that Mendes showed, still though, Hemdani was a very good player for us.

It's amazing to think some of the quality we had in midfield just a few years ago....compared to now. :(

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When the UEFA cup final team was announced my heart sank when he was in the line up with Novo on the bench, I knew then we were going to play a boring, cagey game, that game was probably the biggest anti climax of my Rangers supporting life.

Cant help but feel he is slightly overrated because of that individual video from his performance v Lyon. Hemdani was a good player though who had good games and bad games for us. He did the quiet, gritty stuff but did go hiding from time to time. Will never forget him playing Centre Back at Tannadice (not his fault though)

I thought he was a very average player, as was Namouchi, the reason he never got another club was he just was not very good.

Yeah, he wasn't capable of playing for any other team, anywhere in the world, ever again.

I was really excited when we signed Marseilles captain. Then I watched him play!?. A really disappointing player who Always frustrated me.

Well thats my two bobs worth. For what its worth.

Worth about 2 bob I'd say!

:)

Or had made his money, decided not to drop down a level for lower wages and chucked it.

There was interest from the Championship and Spain the January before he left, but we wouldn't free him, he wanted us to pay up his contract and let him go and we refused.

Having him on the bench in both Kaunas games, while various combinations of Dailly, McCulloch, Adam and Thomson stumbled about the midfield unable to keep possession for 2 seconds was a part of the reason for our Euro exit IMO. 2 terrible midfield performances.

If Hemdani was playing for us this season, we would have had much more possession than we had, coz he was great at winning the baw back. Every team should have a player like that. We don't have that.

Aye he was a pure midfield enforcer.

Complete opposite.

Aye he was a pure midfield enforcer.

Complete opposite.

I never said he was a pure midfield enforcer. He done more for us than the current midfield has. A big part of our bad performances this year is coz we couldn't get the ball. When we eventually did, we gave them it back. A Hemdani type player is something we could be doing with just now.

2007's fans player of the year but obviously rubbish... I think anyone that says he was so bad no club wanted to sign him is deluded. At the very least he could have dropped a level, if he wanted that is. There was obviously something off field or he just fancied retiring.

Having him on the bench in both Kaunas games, while various combinations of Dailly, McCulloch, Adam and Thomson stumbled about the midfield unable to keep possession for 2 seconds was a part of the reason for our Euro exit IMO. 2 terrible midfield performances.

jesus christ that away performance has just caused me to shiver again

When the UEFA cup final team was announced my heart sank when he was in the line up with Novo on the bench, I knew then we were going to play a boring, cagey game, that game was probably the biggest anti climax of my Rangers supporting life.

He played every match of our Euro campaign that season, as hardly a shock surely?

jesus christ that away performance has just caused me to shiver again

The writing was on the wall there and then that he wasn't going to feature, then we signed Edu and Mendes, so having him was pointless. We should just have released him to free up wages, or moved him on for a nominal fee. Instead he picked up half a million quid for sitting about pulling his pud.

Ultimately, we won the league so the decision was vindicated not to play him, but he should have played in those 2 games against Kaunus, particularly as Ferguson was injured at the time, then been moved on.

I thought he saved one of his worst performances in a Rangers jersey for that night in Manchester. Not deliberately. of course.

He played every match of our Euro campaign that season, as hardly a shock surely?

This was a one off game, no reason not to have a bash with an attacking line up in a winner takes all game, the two legged affairs were won by attrition. were you happy with the line up or would you have wanted us to put on a bit more of a show in the big gig? I had a brilliant time in Manchester, the game was the low point.

I thought he saved one of his worst performances in a Rangers jersey for that night in Manchester. Not deliberately. of course.

Zenith played him well that night, every time he got the ball they had 2 men pressing him giving him no time and made him totally ineffective.

This was a one off game, no reason not to have a bash with an attacking line up in a winner takes all game, the two legged affairs were won by attrition. were you happy with the line up or would you have wanted us to put on a bit more of a show in the big gig? I had a brilliant time in Manchester, the game was the low point.

I wasn't so happy with the line up but the alternative to Hemdani was probably Christian Dailly.

I never said he was a pure midfield enforcer. He done more for us than the current midfield has. A big part of our bad performances this year is coz we couldn't get the ball. When we eventually did, we gave them it back. A Hemdani type player is something we could be doing with just now.

You said he was great at winning the ball back, he wasn't. Our performances have been nothing to do with getting the ball back, it's what we've done with it. Hemdani would not have changed that.

Mystery for me is why he was completely frozen out in 2008/09. It's one thing not fancying a player and Smith clearly favoured others, but to not play a minute of the season even when we had injury issues is something else.

There must have been more to that than met the eye.

Also thought the same with Buffel in that season. Can't remember if he was injured but if he wasnt I'm sure we could have used him in the busy run in we had at the end of the season.