Reconstruction happening now apparently

Senna

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So assuming this is correct, what do we say to the impending invite?

Another huge divide of opinion in our support no doubt.

I don't think any of the support can be blamed for either answer they give really.

Do you turn down a quicker route to Europe due to your principals?

It's a fucking tough question to answer. I'm completely of two minds.

Jim Spence/ BBC/Sky sports.

SFL league clubs not happy and resigning en mass

But what do they think will change in an SPL2? The brand is toxic and there is no money or leadership there.....Do they honestly think fans or TV companies will suddenly be interested in Dunfermline vs Morton? This must be surely short term gain only......A part of me agrees that The full time clubs should be given more of a chance but then again there are alot of part time clubs who are ran very well and its these full time jokers who have squandered all their money and fan bases over the years....Bit of a tricky one for us I suppose, If we are invited......I personally would be against it but would understand the justification for accepting an invite if it came.....

I don't think any of the support can be blamed for either answer they give really.

Do you turn down a quicker route to Europe due to your principals?

It's a fucking tough question to answer. I'm completely of two minds.

How's it a quicker route to Europe? UEFA rules state we can't compete for 3 years .. well it will be 2 more come July/Aug when the Euro rounds start again ... and it will be 2 years until we are back in top flight again and we earn a European place as usual through the normal method.

Or ...

I'm trying to figure it out in my head but it's causing me some problems.... is there a way that being in the top flight a year earlier - by the time the seasons done we only have to wait a few months after the end of the season and we slot right into a European spot? like when our league place say for example 2nd, is confirmed, at that point we are in-elligible ... but by the time the European competition starts we are eligible ?

We must decline any invite although I doubt one will be forthcoming, we must maintain sporting integrity we can then stand up and say we were the only club in the top 20 in ScotlAnd who ever maintained this!

How's it a quicker route to Europe? UEFA rules state we can't compete for 3 years .. well it will be 2 more come July/Aug when the Euro rounds start again ... and it will be 2 years until we are back in top flight again and we earn a European place as usual through the normal method.

Ah yes, good point. Cheers for that.

So assuming this is correct, what do we say to the impending invite?

Another huge divide of opinion in our support no doubt.

There is no impending invite .no fast track for rangers according to 1st div director

Ugly as fuck

Ginger

Aye, sounds about right for Scottish football journalism - the next Spence?

Only if he's bitter as fuck. There was a journo student at UWS who ticked all of those boxes too...

I really cant see this happening and even if it does I'm not sure they would invite us......It is pure and utter greed that is driving this, not for the good of the game or for the fans. Basically these chairmen want a bit more of the pie but as I said above where is this pie coming from? Where is the money to make this work? Where are the SPL finding the extra thousands for this to be viable? The whole thing is a joke and just further makes our country look like the embarrasment it is!

My first reaction to this is that I would like us to resist abandoning the SFL... Because, at the moment, they are being cut adrift and any nay-sayers to the SPL cabal will be starved out.

Put simply; our new-found friends in the Scottish League need us.

name='Smile' timestamp='1367590282' post='1061025002'] I think this is the main reason we got rid of Green as he was against this with the current incumbents at the SFA/SPL. A disgrace if we join this farce. Let these corrupt bastards die Rangers and challenge this in the courts. Liewell regan and doncasters filthy hands are all over this.

Been thinking this myself .

IF true then our board are a disgrace to the club and the support who rallied like no other in our darkest hours.

To be honest I'm so sick of this never ending pantomine

I really cant see this happening and even if it does I'm not sure they would invite us......It is pure and utter greed that is driving this, not for the good of the game or for the fans. Basically these chairmen want a bit more of the pie but as I said above where is this pie coming from? Where is the money to make this work? Where are the SPL finding the extra thousands for this to be viable? The whole thing is a joke and just further makes our country look like the embarrasment it is!

That's exactly why they'll invite us. Our $$$$$.

Ugly as fuck

Ginger

Aye, sounds about right for Scottish football journalism - the next Spence?

I mean seriously, If you were that ugly would you put a massive picture of yourself on your twitter page! The next Spence indeed! lol!

My first reaction to this is that I would like us to resist abandoning the SFL... Because, at the moment, they are being cut adrift and any nay-sayers to the SPL cabal will be starved out.

Put simply; our new-found friends in the Scottish League need us.

do we need them?