Longmuir has his say and rubbishes breakaway.

Why are Rangers supporters worried about this. It has fueckin nothing to all to do with us. So let them fight it out!

In actual fact, this has EVERYTHING to do with us, directly or indirectly. Our TV money is the silken thread that connects the spider to the fly.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In actual fact, this has EVERYTHING to do with us, directly or indirectly. Out TV money is the silken thread that connects the spider to the fly.

Stunning imagery on a fitba forum. Well done sir.

Can Rangers not pull out of TV deals and just show our games on Rangers TV? Is this not what Charles Green wanted to do?

Fuck sky, ESPN and that embarrassing channel BBC ALBA :lol:

Hold on here, are you seriously saying that the BBC were wrong to launch a TV channel aimed at an amount of gaelic speakers equivalent to the population of Milngavie?

Stunning imagery on a fitba forum. Well done sir.

Thank you young man.It's an analogy that the SPL and "wantaway" SFL clubs don't seem to realise or understand, because if they keep on trying to claim the tasty morsel that is not theirs by rights, the silken thread will extend to the point where the spider will devour the thieving fly until all that's left is a big Blue spider and the remnants of an overgreedy and envious cabal of flies.

Hold on here, are you seriously saying that the BBC were wrong to launch a TV channel aimed at an amount of gaelic speakers equivalent to the population of Milngavie?

So there is a TV channel for approximately 14,000 people?

The views expressed by Longmuir suggest he is going to fight this all the way. I would hope he and the rest of the SFL Clubs, in the event of the Breakaway Clubs being invited into SPL, have the balls to:

1.) Insist the SPL payments to the SFL continue exactly as before.

2. ) If the SPL try renage on that deal, immediately close the door on all future dealings, withdraw from all existing deals, refuse to recognise the SPL as the senior league and set the SFL up as the number 1 footballing franchise in Scotland. Take the break away Clubs to court.

I hope very much Rangers Football Club makes it clear that we will have no part of a SPL2 nor will we be party to such blatant partisan behaviour which is clearly driven by greed and self interest and is clearly not in the interests of furthering the game of football in Scotland.

Longmuir last night confirmed receipt of a lawyer's letter on behalf of the ten clubs in line to comprise next season's First Division Dundee, Morton, Livingston, Hamilton, Falkirk, Raith Rovers, Dumbarton, Dunfermline, Cowdenbeath and Queen of the South indicating their intention to resign immediately from the SFL if the opportunity to form an SPL2 arises.

Traitor greedy stupid bastards will never get a penny from me. Disappointed in QotS

No Surrender

Who are Dunfermline kidding. They're fucked. :matron:

The SPL will tell the 10 to f off.

Last thing they need is more legal battles.

How do you sell a sponsorship agreement that they need desperately on the basis of clubs that might not be allowed to join.

Nonsense.

Has nobody got anything to say about Donald Findlay being a part of this? Usually a lot of hero worship on here for him.

I do im bitterly disapointed in Findlay being part of this, fuck knows what hes been smoking in his pipe recently but its affected his thinking process.

Has nobody got anything to say about Donald Findlay being a part of this? Usually a lot of hero worship on here for him.

Maybe Donald knows that Rangers will be invited to join the SPL2! If he thinks we would tho ............ well that's another story!!!!

The BBC wanted a celtic (Occult) channel that demonised Rangers but had to do it in a language most dont understand

very interesting :pipe: Sort of like Telewizja Polska starting up a channel for Swahili speakers in Wraclow :rolleyes:

For anybody interested here is rule 15.2 that they are talking about.

15.2 Notwithstanding any other provision of these Rules, the membership of any

football club promoted in accordance with Rule 92 (Champion Clubs -

Promotion and Relegation) to The Scottish Premier League (or otherwise

admitted to The Scottish Premier League), in accordance with the Rules of

The Scottish Premier League, shall automatically terminate upon the

admission of such club to The Scottish Premier League and such club shall

not be obliged to give any notice of its cessation of membership of the

League and shall be permitted to depart from the League and become a

member of The Scottish Premier League (in accordance with the Rules of

The Scottish Premier League) without restriction.

I think they have found a loophole here (fucking lawyers) which would cancel out the notice period in rule 12. I also think it doesn't matter because as other posters have said there is no blue pound for the breakaway members. In fact, I believe the TV money would be spread out between less clubs should the 10 break away meaning the rest, including us, would get a bigger slice of the pie.

Let them leave with no way back. Then, when it all goes down the plughole, they'll all be dead within a couple of months. Once there is no longer a competitive league in Scotland, there will be no reason for England to refuse us.

Mr liewell's plan all along my friend.

I think they have found a loophole here (fucking lawyers) which would cancel out the notice period in rule 12. I also think it doesn't matter because as other posters have said there is no blue pound for the breakaway members. In fact, I believe the TV money would be spread out between less clubs should the 10 break away meaning the rest, including us, would get a bigger slice of the pie.

They won't be joining the spl though. It will be spl 2. There is a difference.

I don't think so......look at this

"The Board shall, after the end of the season’s competitions and prior to the Annual General Meeting, declare the clubs in each division to be promoted and relegated in terms of these Rules."

I don't think so......look at this

"The Board shall, after the end of the season’s competitions and prior to the Annual General Meeting, declare the clubs in each division to be promoted and relegated in terms of these Rules."

Impossible to say how this would play out if there are two contradictory rules. However one thing is certain and that is that it will cost money and take time.

Anyway - I agree with the view that they aren't going to get an invite from the SPL anyway