A Call For Unity Between Fans

Buzz

A call for unity between the various fans forums  

197 members have voted

1. 1. Do you wish for the owners and operators of this forum to develop a more healthy relationship with the other forums?

• Yes
    • No
    • This is unnecessary

There is an article on the newspage today, written by RM user, JCS, which is "promoting positive fan relations".

“We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately.”

RangersMedia is so successful because it gives users, such as JCS, the platform to promote his opinion, regardless of the individual publisher's opinion (in this case DJW).

I've seen that, and that is partially what motivated me to make this poll.

You still haven't answered any of my points though, you've just fallen on rhetoric.

If this poll provides a majority Yes vote, will RM admin make the effort?

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well what's your plans? The only thing I'd suggest we unite for is to get these leaks stopped.

Fans arguing on a messageboard isn't harming Rangers.

I've already stated, the ultimate end-game has to be a representative on the board. Walter is good, and we can trust him 100%, but he's getting old and he won't be around forever. And when the good times come round again, we need someone to promote the opinion of the fans on the board so they're not ignored as they were under Murray.

Some people are making a living off the leaks - bloggers particularly

They are hardly gonny ask for them to stop

They just can't see the irony

I can't see many bloggers who, when called out in the open, could be opposed to this.

A bloggers power lies in his readers.

I've seen that, and that is partially what motivated me to make this poll.

You still haven't answered any of my points though, you've just fallen on rhetoric.

If this poll provides a majority Yes vote, will RM admin make the effort?

I answered your points in my first post in this thread.

If any of admin wish to make an effort to show leadership and promote positive fan relations *as an individual, they are free to do so, as is any other user on RM.

I answered your points in my first post in this thread.

If any of admin wish to make an effort to show leadership and promote positive fan relations, they are free to do so, as is any other user on RM.

Excellent, I'm glad to hear that. I hope someone from the admin team will take on the baton should this be a majority vote.

We need to stop the bitter in-fighting, don't you agree?

I've already stated, the ultimate end-game has to be a representative on the board. Walter is good, and we can trust him 100%, but he's getting old and he won't be around forever. And when the good times come round again, we need someone to promote the opinion of the fans on the board so they're not ignored as they were under Murray.

I'm not keen on anything fan orientated like that, the club seemed to know what we wanted when Green was in charge.

Fan ownership can go and take a fuck to itself as well, Ally can take over from Walter if we feel we need someone up there.

To achieve the ultimate goal of having a representative on the board, would that mean having to sign up to the RST or are we talking about a completely new trust?

Sorted

Lets imagine I owned a blog. If Imran Ahmad started feeding me stories and I obliged to run with them, and everyone read them, I'd be influential.

If nobody read them, it'd be totally worthless.

If the Rangers support believed me to be discredited, it would perhaps even have the opposite effect from what's intended.

To achieve the ultimate goal of having a representative on the board, would that mean having to sign up to the RST or are we talking about a completely new trust?

Doesn't even need to be a Trust.

Why not base it on those who have a Rangers number?

But as I say, that's for later.

I'm not keen on anything fan orientated like that, the club seemed to know what we wanted when Green was in charge.

Fan ownership can go and take a fuck to itself as well, Ally can take over from Walter if we feel we need someone up there.

That's because as we've seen, Green and Ahmad were clearly reading FF and RM.

That alone shows the power these places have, and why better fan relations between the forums can only result in a more harmonious relationship, therefore giving us more of what we want.

Excellent, I'm glad to hear that. I hope someone from the admin team will take on the baton should this be a majority vote.

We need to stop the bitter in-fighting, don't you agree?

I think you missed what I meant. I am not saying 'admin' will do anything. I am saying if any individual wishes to do that, that is up to them.

Doesn't even need to be a Trust.

Why not base it on those who have a Rangers number?

But as I say, that's for later.

But surely for us to have any sort of voice on the board we would need to aquire shares as a group? This feels a bit like a Buyrangers recruitement drive here.

But surely for us to have any sort of voice on the board we would need to aquire shares as a group? This feels a bit like a Buyrangers recruitement drive here.

You do not need shares to sit on the board of any company. All you need to be is elected by that board of directors.

I think you missed what I meant. I am not saying 'admin' will do anything. I am saying if any individual wishes to do that, that is up to them.

Judging that 50% so far are unhappy with the various forum's stances and want to see a change, I'm hoping at least 50% of the moderating team will be similarly minded.

Judging that 50% so far are unhappy with the various forum's stances and want to see a change, I'm hoping at least 50% of the moderating team will be similarly minded.

To be honest, the poll is not valid, in my opinion. It does not include an option for those, such as myself, who think that this is not necessary. Care to add it in?

To be honest, the poll is not valid, in my opinion. It does not include an option for those, such as myself, who think that this is not necessary. Care to add it in?

I'd be perfectly willing to if you stated your case.

Judging by the few threads you've just locked though, it's going to have to be quite convincing.

Voted yes.

Not saying we have to agree with ff but if we stop the personal attacks , we may eventually find some common ground.

You just have to look at the boardroom just now to see how destructive division can be.

With the fans being the lifeblood of the club, its important we stick together.