Strikers/Formation- Next season

JamieG54

Last season we played even at home one central striker along with two on the wings. With Ally signing Daly, Clarke and along with Jig and Little do you think we will go 4-4-2 in most games?

Theres talk of Jig and Daly playing as defenders but I would only have Jig there is certain games. Daly and one smaller striker would score goals fot fun imo.

I hope Little doesnt get moved to the wing as he was wasted last season. He scored goals still but was less effective.

I would at home go 3-4-3 and have Little Daly Clarke up front. Both young men would run all day and Daly would have more options to assist for.

You need wide men that hug the line and look to get crosses in for a 4-4-2. Aird does it to an extent, Templeton and McKay both want to get the ball and cut inside so I don't think we will use that often and I don't think it's the best suited either.

I think we will go 4-2-3-1/4-3-3.

Serious answer. Id love us to play a 3-5-2. With an attacking mid (possibly shiels or law) playing behind the front 2.

To make this happen we would need solid centre backs brought in, no way our current squad could play it.

Serious answer. Id love us to play a 3-5-2. With an attacking mid (possibly shiels or law) playing behind the front 2.

To make this happen we would need solid centre backs brought in, no way our current squad could play it.

I preferred your first formation

ok I think it will start 3-6-1 but switch to a 3-5-2 only be changed to a 4-3-3 but if that doesn't work then it will be 4 -5 -1 or a last resort it maybe 2 -2 - 6

Haha thats what Jimmy Calderwood was famed for. Championship Manager gung ho tactics 6 up front if losing in the last ten mins.

Sadly in my opinion jig is finished as a striker. Hes handy at set pieces but he can't take on a man or gain that extra yard. I think he has 1 year left in him but as a central defender. The formation next year should be 3 4 1 2. The back 3 can be a rotation of mcculloch / hegarty / gasperotto + one new defender. Wallace and mitchell can be positioned as wing backs with mccleod and law in the middle. Templeton behind a front 2 of daley and one of either little and clarke.

Sadly in my opinion jig is finished as a striker. Hes handy at set pieces but he can't take on a man or gain that extra yard. I think he has 1 year left in him but as a central defender. The formation next year should be 3 4 1 2. The back 3 can be a rotation of mcculloch / hegarty / gasperotto + one new defender. Wallace and mitchell can be positioned as wing backs with mccleod and law in the middle. Templeton behind a front 2 of daley and one of either little and clarke.

I never usually find myself in this position on here,but,I agree with every single word of your post,bud.

Especially the bit about big Lee.Time waits for no man,I'm afraid.

I never usually find myself in this position on here,but,I agree with every single word of your post,bud.

Especially the bit about big Lee.Time waits for no man,I'm afraid.

cheers buddy put a reccomendation into the coaching team for me. I see the things they cant :sherlock: