Rangers relinquished SPL prize money

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The official line was that it was distributed evenly to the 11 remaining members of the SPL.

What is believed to have happened is that it was paid for the LNS inquiry.

LNS was between 400-550 grand, what happened to the other 1.5 million, it was around 2 million the money - wasn't it?

LNS was between 400-550 grand, what happened to the other 1.5 million, it was around 2 million the money - wasn't it?

It was 2.2 million or something like that, aye.

The answer is I don't know. Maybe it's been kept by the SPL to provide working capital for the league. Certainly, the official line was that it was evenly distributed to the other 11 members.

What I wabt to know is, what the fuck is happening with the RFFF money?

Thr SPL had three lawyers on the panel, plus a liad of "low level paper gatherers"

We had 1 lawyer. We never hear of how much was used, where it is, how much is left or hiw much interest it has gathered in the time it has been sitting in the bank.

Remember the likes of Dingwall is on that committee.

My cash (and am guessing most of everyone else's) is in that fund, yet anytime I ask about it, it falls on deaf ears.

Anyone know?

Money that - rightly or wrongly - we agreed to relinquish.

Under duress which could mean black mail.

We won't see the cash again sadly. I wouldn't even have cared if they used the 2.2 million to pay off the non-footballing creditors. At least that way it had a productive use and the SPL never just pocketed it.

Don't get why everyone is so up in arms about this. These were terms that we agreed to, and that no one was worrying about at the time.

I don't know about you, but I only found out last week it was part of the terms of the 5 way agreement. First I'd heard about it.

Don't get why everyone is so up in arms about this. These were terms that we agreed to, and that no one was worrying about at the time.

Thats because the impression being given was that it was being held by the SFA but the club were still trying to get it back. Turns out it was given away and nobody ever thought to pass the information on.

What I wabt to know is, what the fuck is happening with the RFFF money?

Thr SPL had three lawyers on the panel, plus a liad of "low level paper gatherers"

We had 1 lawyer. We never hear of how much was used, where it is, how much is left or hiw much interest it has gathered in the time it has been sitting in the bank.

Remember the likes of Dingwall is on that committee.

My cash (and am guessing most of everyone else's) is in that fund, yet anytime I ask about it, it falls on deaf ears.

Anyone know?

The balance of the RFFF was spent on fighting the title-stripping. An extremely worthy cause, I'm sure you'll agree.

From what I understand, it's still being decided what to do with the rest of it, though I don't believe there's a huge amount left. Lawyers are expensive if you want good ones.

I stand corrected then. Fuck it then, the money is irrelevant now if we signed an agreement to let them keep it.

Good that you think we as a club at the time with the financial difficulty we were in didn't need this money more than the corrupt SPL.

After all once they voted us out they should have had no claim on the money.

The balance of the RFFF was spent on fighting the title-stripping. An extremely worthy cause, I'm sure you'll agree.

From what I understand, it's still being decided what to do with the rest of it, though I don't believe there's a huge amount left. Lawyers are expensive if you want good ones.

I'm sure Green said at the time we weren't going to mount a defence because the trial was laughable and not worthy of our input - or the did the gaurdians of the Fighting Fund get in touch and present a defence to LNS anyway? just wondering like...

I really don't get why this is a sticking point.

We agreed to give it up, we gave it up. We can't just go back a year later and demand it back :lol:.

If we can get prove it was black mail then it opens up possibilities. Unsure if the money would get returned, but it could be damaging to the SPL - which would be ideal.

The question we should be asking is - Why did Duff and Phelps sell this money to Zeus? And how much did they sell 2.2 million pounds for?

Surely D+P, in the interests of keeping the business going, shouldn't have sold this money? Because lets face it, if it had stayed with oldco, oldco would have received that money. The SPL had nothing to bargain with. Oldco had lost everything.

Still some very pertinent questions to be asked of Duff and Phelps.