Rangers relinquished SPL prize money

I really don't get why this is a sticking point.

We agreed to give it up, we gave it up. We can't just go back a year later and demand it back :lol:.

If the prize was used as a bargaining chip for us to get our licence back,then,as pointed out by 'The Educator' midweek,it's extortion........Question,is the user name 'Alan Compton' an alias for Mr. Dungcaster? :cgreen:

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

How can 2.2 million pounds be considered an asset, unless it was a debt. debt is sold all the time. If it was debt that could not be recovered easily it might go for a fraction of its worth.

Given the timing of when the assets were purchased it would have been a debt from the SPL to the Club.

How can 2.2 million pounds be considered an asset, unless it was a debt. debt is sold all the time. If it was debt that could not be recovered easily it might go for a fraction of its worth.

Part of Greens acquisition, that he paid for, included the outstanding prize money.

He was forced to abandon any claim for it at a time when surrendering 5 titles was on the agenda

Rangers Football Club plc and Sevco Scotland agreed to waive any claims on Scottish Premier League prize money last summer in order to be granted entry into the Scottish Football League.

In a statement of affairs letter circulated to creditors by liquidators BDO, it was confirmed that the oldco and the newco had to accept the condition to allow Rangers to play in the Irn-Bru Third Division this season.

The club were due £2.1m for their second-place finish in the Clydesdale Bank Premier League in 2011/12. However, last summer, negotiations were held between the Scottish Football Association, the SPL, the SFL, oldco and newco to allow Rangers to take their place in the third division.

The detail of the five-way agreement has never been made public, but after being asked by creditors and shareholders, BDO have confirmed one aspect of it. "The right to this prize money was sold to Newco as part of the business and assets of the Company," BDO said in the circular. "Subsequently, to gain entry into the Football League, both Newco and the Company agreed to waive any rights to this money, which was retained by the SPL."

Given the timing of when the assets were purchased it would have been a debt from the SPL to the Club.

Should this not have been paid over at the end of the season and so became an outstanding debt, it would then become a duty of the Administrators to recover this and add it to the fund for repaying crediters. So would that not lead you to suspect that the money wasn't there, by there I mean sitting in the SPL's bank account.

Should this not have been paid over at the end of the season and so became an outstanding debt, it would then become a duty of the Administrators to recover this and add it to the fund for repaying crediters. So would that not lead you to suspect that the money wasn't there, by there I mean sitting in the SPL's bank account.

No as far as I know it's paid out in installments throughout the course of the following season along with that seasons TV money etc,.

I remember one time I went to get my passport, but I left it late. They blackmailed me for £60 quid to get it fast tracked.

In no way were we blackmailed. At the end of the day they actually bent the rules to get us back in. We paid for this, but it was an agreement, not blackmail.

There is no conspiracy. Green done what was right for Charles Green not Rangers Football Club. He couldn't look to make a big pay off on his shares if he launched legal action and possibly caused the whole season to be delayed so he had his belly tickled handed over £2.2m of the CLubs cash and then made out like it was 'stolen' and helped propogate the whole 'everyones out to get us' nonsense.

More agenda driven nonsense.