The Heart of the Matter

Gaz92

That is an interesting point. Rangers were refused entry to the SPL, applied to the SFL and placed in Div 3.

With the bodies now soon to be one, how would similar situation work?

Unless there are specific rules as to this, worst that might happen is a single league relegation. After all - you cannot put a team to the bottom, if the bottom has been superceded by further leagues below (pyramid system)...

And there is the major problem of forcing this through for the start of the season, nobody except those who wrote them will have any real knowledge of how the rules will work. What it does do is give a very small group of people complete power to do as they wish in Scottish football. There should always be a seasons grace before any reorganisation comes in to effect, this allows everybody to gain an understanding of the new structure and its rules and allows time for even the most unlikely of scenarios to have been worked through hypothetically to iron out any future problems that could arise in the future. What we have here is a hurried through take over to stop a financial meltdown of the SPL and to stop certain clubs from facing administration. I think an accurate description for this is corrupt.

This should be interesting. Should the very same clubs who kicked us then vote to keep Hertz in their fantasy league it would finally show what a bigoted shower of bastards they really are. If they vote to send them to the bottom tier then their shitey league is as attractive as Anne Widdicombe. Ho Hum ! Should be interesting. Incidentally, the hearts fans on their forums think that losing Rangers made absoloutely no difference to their financial position.

And the duty to shareholders in endorsing such a move which they knew would be to their financial detriment ?

I think there was quite a way round it though. There was no initial shortfall, TV deal was still the same at the time (who knows what it'll be next year) and the ticket sales from Rangers lost, I assume they would have justified it by saying they would've lost income from their own fans.

Don't get me wrong though, we all know there was more than meets the eye in terms of the decision.

Good read again, although one statement was from Romanov and the other was from Hearts. A bit like us saying we should not be able to change our official club stance on previous CW statements.

Fair point, but we know that the sentiment of the Romanov statement went far deeper than simply him.