The Heart of the Matter

Gaz92

I for one have no sympathy for the club or the fans, and hell mend them, they voted like most of the SPL clubs with their fans to humiliate Rangers and cut off their nose to spite their face. I believe they should all suffer the fate of Rangers to teach them a lesson they will never forget.

Don't forget the old adage "pride always comes before a fall".

I for one have no sympathy for the club or the fans, and hell mend them, they voted like most of the SPL clubs with their fans to humiliate Rangers and cut off their nose to spite their face. I believe they should all suffer the fate of Rangers to teach them a lesson they will never forget.

Don't forget the old adage "pride always comes before a fall".

My sentiments exactly. I'm not sorry to say that their fans and their club do deserve this. You reap what you sow. .

It'll be interesting to see how the administration of UBIG will view their asset - 25 million debt still has to be serviced and hearts cannot even pay their own wages! Not a very good sign to any potential buyer regardless of their debt. With no real income in the closed season it's hardly surprising this has come around now.

Might be worth a look on Ebay later if you're looking for a bargain . . . :pipe:

Started out thinking this was a shame, but as it has dragged on, the get out of "jail" cards they have been free to play, it is hard to pity any club, I used to think would not wish what happened to us on another club or set of fans except for 1.

But have we been allowed to get on with reconstruction and our progress back, no they are like Nero while Rome burned, still happy sticking the boot into us while fiddling away.

Now it is oops we might have dropped a clanger here.

If they can keep the doors open then themselves and Dumf should be stuck in the 3rd or is it 4th now, what was good enough for one should be good enough for all, in the name of the mythical sporting integrity of course.

This is actually good business, secured a sell on fee. Assuming they sell him before goin bust and he walks.

Apparently he's set to walk just now! Pretty gullible, to be honest.

Cheers for the comments, guys.

Gary

Do you really think it was a "bold decision" or one driven by fear in respect of the hatred which had been demonstrated ?

Perhaps you're right. Despite the threats and campaigns, however, it still was a bold decision to take, as the clubs knew exactly what they'd be losing out on.

Perhaps you're right. Despite the threats and campaigns, however, it still was a bold decision to take, as the clubs knew exactly what they'd be losing out on.

And the duty to shareholders in endorsing such a move which they knew would be to their financial detriment ?

Actually, there's more chance that they won't leave the SPL; the SPFL are now to literally re-write the rulebook, and I don't see any club which goes into administration in the top league, being 'allowed' to be relegated.

Mark my words, they will look after every team, as long as it's not Rangers.

Actually, there's more chance that they won't leave the SPL; the SPFL are now to literally re-write the rulebook, and I don't see any club which goes into administration in the top league, being 'allowed' to be relegated.

Mark my words, they will look after every team, as long as it's not Rangers.

I agree. I cannot see how the cabal will allow Hertz to relegated. Their income streams are already dire without the blue pound, so Regan/Doncaster and Lawwell will be busy finding ways to circumvent that pesky "sporting integrity" Sword of Damocles that is hanging above them.

That is an interesting point. Rangers were refused entry to the SPL, applied to the SFL and placed in Div 3.

With the bodies now soon to be one, how would similar situation work?

Unless there are specific rules as to this, worst that might happen is a single league relegation. After all - you cannot put a team to the bottom, if the bottom has been superceded by further leagues below (pyramid system)...