*****Official St Mirren vs Rangers match thread*****

16 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

Injuries more so. With a fit Cortes and Sima things may have been different. 

What would have been different? League cups been won, in the final of the Scottish and the leagues still winnable 

I wish they were fit too but what exactly would have been different at the moment?

4 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

What would have been different? League cups been won, in the final of the Scottish and the leagues still winnable 

I wish they were fit too but what exactly would have been different at the moment?

We should be going into these games 2-5 points clear, not 3 behind with a worse goal difference

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

Goldson should be ahead of Souttar, and Sterling in midfield with McCausland out wide.

Silva and Barisic are all we can do, doesn’t make it any less depressing though :lol: 

I’d have had Sterling midfield and McCausland out wide tbf but nope to Goldson 

Just now, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

We should be going into these games 2-5 points clear, not 3 behind with a worse goal difference

Sima was part of the dropped points so I’m sure that’s not the point he was making mate, because suggesting cortes on his own would have changed that is just daft guesswork for the sake of being negative again 

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

He should be gone in the Summer, but he should also be starting with Balogun for the rest of the season.

He's been absolutely fucking rotten. There's a reason he's been dropped and pretty much the entire support want rid. A total loser who is making the same mistakes he made 6 years ago and still blaming everyone else but himself.

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

Sima was part of the dropped points so I’m sure that’s not the point he was making mate, because suggesting cortes on his own would have changed that is just daft guesswork for the sake of being negative again 

I'd be pretty confident of picking up more points in the last month if we had Cortes and a sharp Sima

14 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Fresh :lol: 

He gets a 2 week break 4/5 times a season during the international break ffs

Just going by what Clement said unless you think he’s lying.

"Connor played a lot of games the last couple of months, a lot of minutes, did a lot of really good things, that's why we were the best defence in the league. But he was also lacking some freshness.

"It's the number of matches, it's not one player in the world who plays all this time at the same level, it's normal when you play a lot of games that at one moment you can be a little bit more tired."

Just now, OrangeRab said:

Just going by what Clement said unless you think he’s lying.

"Connor played a lot of games the last couple of months, a lot of minutes, did a lot of really good things, that's why we were the best defence in the league. But he was also lacking some freshness.

"It's the number of matches, it's not one player in the world who plays all this time at the same level, it's normal when you play a lot of games that at one moment you can be a little bit more tired."

Manager in protecting his player shocker

Just now, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

I'd be pretty confident of picking up more points in the last month if we had Cortes and a sharp Sima

Possibly but our cutting of the gap and going top was done without them so their absences have had nothing to do with the current drop off in form, although of course more options would have helped 

1 minute ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

He's been absolutely fucking rotten. There's a reason he's been dropped and pretty much the entire support want rid. A total loser who is making the same mistakes he made 6 years ago and still blaming everyone else but himself.

He’s been shite recently, I’ve never said otherwise. Souttar’s been worse, and that continued after Goldson got dropped. I’d trust Goldson before Souttar.

Really glad to see Sterling back in midfield even if it is on the right. 

Huge day for Dio, Silva and Borna on the left side, particularly the latter two. We need them to really perform with St Mirren's wing backs. Silva has to keep them deep and wide, something we struggled with last time in Paisley. We also need Borna high as well so Silva can come inside. I actually think Silva looks his best driving centrally.

Sterling is obviously not a natural winger but gives me less concerns due to his ability to get around the pitch with and without the ball. He or Tav can come in creating and overloads centrally but Sterling can also get into really good positions and with the movement of Dessers and Cantwell can get on the end of chances if need be - Silva on the other hand is a guessing game. St Mirren also give a good bit to the other team down their left.

The same applies since Ross County. Just keep a clean sheet and give our limited attack less work to do.

I'll say 2-0 Rangers and we're due goals from quite a few.