I am a Ranger at Heart......

One of the finest players ever to turn out for Scotland, Manchester United and The Rest of the World Select.

I found the following quote from the Lawman...

"No matter what your "first claim" club may be, Rangers will always have a particular place in your heart if you are a Scot, The club represents all that is best in Scottish Football.

As a professional footballer, I have had the good fortune to travel widely - to Spain Portugal, Austria, Italy, Denmark, Holland Turkey and wherever I have been the name "Glasgow Rangers" is known and respected.

You see Rangers represent the spirit of sport and sportsmanship. I am glad of the opportunity too wish the Blues all the best and continued success in future to the glory of Scottish soccer. One of the first results I look for every week is - yes you are right - the Rangers"

from The Rangers Players Story - 1962.

Hello hello NS - I have seen other similar quotes from the lawman - showing his true value as a Scot and football man. We've lost our way a bit, with people that have been forced on us, and an identity that is 180degree opposed from the fenians. And we shall be coming back, as the principal Scottish Football club and with our culture that is every good about Scotland.

WATP.

One of the finest players ever to turn out for Scotland, Manchester United and The Rest of the World Select.

"No matter what your "first claim" club may be, Rangers will always have a particular place in your heart if you are a Scot, The club represents all that is best in Scottish Football.

As a professional footballer, I have had the good fortune to travel widely - to Spain Portugal, Austria, Italy, Denmark, Holland Turkey and wherever I have been the name "Glasgow Rangers" is known and respected.

You see Rangers represent the spirit of sport and sportsmanship. I am glad of the opportunity too wish the Blues all the best and continued success in future to the glory of Scottish soccer. One of the first results I look for every week is - yes you are right - the Rangers"

read his book years ago think he said i'd like to finish my playing days at ibrox

I had/have that book, was different from the others, in that was thin , a4 size and blue cover and the pic with that story was Law standing at the top of the stairs coming off the plane, shaking Matt Busby and the Headline...........

I Will Always Be A Ranger At Heart ,

Has he given any other indication he's a Bluenose in the intervening 51 years?

Many believe he veered towards the immigrants as many alleged stories do the rounds in sheepland about an alleged incident with a niece.

As I mentioned I had/have the book and that interview was in the book......he mentions when the mighty men of Ibrox visited Aberdeen everyone went to see them, he also said that he's never pulled on the Light Blue of Rangers, but his friends when wearing the Dark Blue of Scotland are the Rangers lads.

read his book years ago think he said i'd like to finish my playing days at ibrox

Book also has great contributions from Doug Baillie, Harold Davis Max Murray Slim Jim, Billy Henderson, Billy ?Ritchie, Ralph Brand, Ian McMillan (What It Means to be A Ranger), Alex Scott Eric Caldow Jimmy Millar (I'll Play Anywhere..... For Rangers), Davie Wilson, Denis Law and Rex Kingsley M.B.E.(BBC's first football commentator in Scotland)

Foreword by John F. Wilson O.B.E Chairman RFC.

Who would you have preferred, Law or Stein? Tough one me thinks.:o

Bloody hell mate! I think the world of Colin Stein but Denis Law was something else!

Arguably the best player this country has ever produced.

Not tough for me - I would have loved to see Denis in a bears shirt.

Can't help thinking it was a case of "here's a few quid Denis, say something good about the Rangers for my book".

Like he needed a 'few quid'??

Besides this is hardly a book you would have found on the NYT 'Best Sellers' list so the money available for hand-outs may have been limited.

Like you don't get patronising forewords in football books?

I have/had the book Bud.........wasn't a foreword it was an interview in the book................plus I can recall that summer he used to play keepie uppie along Edmiston Drive. We asked him..what you doing Dennis.............trying to impress Mr Symon came the reply.

Like you don't get patronising forewords in football books?

Just for clarification book was by Willie Allison and the Foreword you speak to was by John Wilson OBE the Rangers Chairman.

All the other 20 or so stories were by Rangers players plus two or three guests.''

For TheWeebluenose; "When a chap loses his heart to an ideal there is no going back. It grows and grows within him, becoming stronger as the years slip by. That is why when people ask; "would you rather play centre than in the half-back line?" I always reply "I don't care where I play as long as I wear the Rangers colours. I have said these words a thousand times and they mean as much to me today as the first time I uttered them"..................Jimmy Millar

Just for clarification book was by Willie Allison and the Foreword you speak to was by John Wilson OBE the Rangers Chairman.

All the other 20 or so stories were by Rangers players plus two or three guests.''

For TheWeebluenose; "When a chap loses his heart to an ideal there is no going back. It grows and grows within him, becoming stronger as the years slip by. That is why when people ask; "would you rather play centre than in the half-back line?" I always reply "I don't care where I play as long as I wear the Rangers colours. I have said these words a thousand times and they mean as much to me today as the first time I uttered them"..................Jimmy Millar

Brilliant quote, going by what I've heard about Millar I genuinely believe those words. Laffety's on the other hand? I don't think we even need to talk anymore about that cunt.