"Scotland might surprise you"

D'Artagnan

They where all shown up for what they where last Year.

We all know who they are, and we should have took our opportunity to get out of Scottish Football by giving our intent to apply for English Northern Premier.

Parochial and Small Minded right enough but the Press got rid of the Man who tried to.

Saving the Rangers cash Cow for themselves.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The people that done the most damage to the club(custodians aside), were mostly english. HMRC, Regan and Doncaster. Don't let the pesky facts spoil a rabble rousing article mind.

Ha , everyone knows Liewell and his cronies are Running Scottish Football.

Whilst the Cats away the Rats will Play.

I'm not getting drawn into this pish again. It was D'art that brought party politics into a situation that is barely relevant. If anything, it reflects badly on the union. Ask yourself why one of the many english premier league clubs wasn't used as the EBT guinea pig.

I'm not getting drawn into this pish again. It was D'art that brought party politics into a situation that is barely relevant. If anything, it reflects badly on the union. Ask yourself why one of the many english premier league clubs wasn't used as the EBT guinea pig.

Does it hurt you so much to give "English" the capitalisation it deserves ? Thats twice now - you must have it bad.

Perhaps it was cause they settled up and did not fight it like Rangers did?

You read the article, knew it's tone and if you did not wish to get into a debate then maybe you should have either not read the article or not commented on the thread.

Your worst article by a long way ( is that acceptable to the admin?) - yes some people hate us but your article is lacking in perspective - the world does not revolve round Rangers - despite what we think and the majority of people on Scotland will either not care or be ambivalent towards us - yes a few individuals may have seized what they thought was some sort of opportunity but they are a very minor faction.

Also considering how strong our fan base is they immediately have to excluded from the haters.

Basically the whole article says you need to get out more and get a wider perspective on life ( hope you don't take that to personally!)

Perhaps it was cause they settled up and did not fight it like Rangers did?

You read the article, knew it's tone and if you did not wish to get into a debate then maybe you should have either not read the article or not commented on the thread.

lol@ the english teams settling up, and you're probably right that I shouldn't get involved in these type of threads. I just find it hard to ignore something that is blatantly not true. D'art could make much better use of his writing talents, as opposed to this agenda that he is currently pursuing.

Your worst article by a long way ( is that acceptable to the admin?) - yes some people hate us but your article is lacking in perspective - the world does not revolve round Rangers - despite what we think and the majority of people on Scotland will either not care or be ambivalent towards us - yes a few individuals may have seized what they thought was some sort of opportunity but they are a very minor faction.

Also considering how strong our fan base is they immediately have to excluded from the haters.

Basically the whole article says you need to get out more and get a wider perspective on life ( hope you don't take that to personally!)

Thanks for that BP9 - nothing like confirmation you have hit your intended target :pipe:

As I've said before,I wss born in NI of Scottish parents,me older bro was born in Scotland but I came along to late.We were raised to know our family history,our faith and our Queen.Rangers were always our team,I vaguely remember my Da going out on a Friday night to collect the Rangers pools money(that wasn't yesterday).Remember holidaying in Bellshill with Grannie Mac before she moved to England to be closer to her Daughters.It was an upbringing wherein trust and honesty became ingrained and work was the natural way,don't work,don't eat ethos.During my time in the mob I spent a lot of time in my 'true homeland' and I can see from the outside looking in now the changes in society in Scotland.Money is the God to be worshipped and anything goes,so long as it sells copy.I am of the opinion that the BBC are the main drivers of this mantra,we see it in NI aswell as Scotland.Rangers have been treated abominably by those who should know better and I believe if you support the Britishness of our society then you are a legitimate target.Here's to a better future,time to take our Country back.GSTQ.

lol@ the english teams settling up, and you're probably right that I shouldn't get involved in these type of threads. I just find it hard to ignore something that is blatantly not true. D'art could make much better use of his writing talents, as opposed to this agenda that he is currently pursuing.

It is probably for the best for you.

As for the article, it is still currently legal to write as D'Art has done and I am sure many enjoyed it.

You need to accept that the vast majority of Rangers fans on this forum are Pro Union.

You wasted all that time just to get at me - flattered I get under your skin that much xx

No I just like toying with you...

But on a more serious note regarding something you posted...perhaps the world doesnt revolve around Rangers - but mine certainly does and Im sure many more will echo such sentiment.

It is probably for the best for you.

As for the article, it is still currently legal to write as D'Art has done and I am sure many enjoyed it.

You need to accept that the vast majority of Rangers fans on this forum are Pro Union.

I have absolutely no problem with anyone's politics, but I reserve the right to comment on something I think is slightly skewed in favour of someones agenda. I'm also getting weary of people running down my country, with no real reason for doing so.

I have absolutely no problem with anyone's politics, but I reserve the right to comment on something I think is slightly skewed in favour of someones agenda. I'm also getting weary of people running down my country, with no real reason for doing so.

Thats good perhaps now you will be able to empathise with the Orangmen on here who suffered so much unwarranted abuse for no reason other than standing up for what they believed in.

I think as a collective our country needs to hold up it hands Bearger. It wasnt just the footballing authorities, or supporters - the failings of our press and politicians were equally as indictable. Not one one of them called into the question the actions of a lynch mob or footballing authorities usurping the basic fundamentals of our country.

Agree with your comments regarding politicians and press, I did mention the press. One thing that most Rangers fans on the forums never mention is the lack of support from the Unionist politicians and press, not wishing to open a can of worms here!

Everything that has ever been written is skewed in a particular way!

Furthermore at least the people on here run down OUR country verbally instead of literally!

The People on this forum never made a law that branded us all criminals!

The People on this forum do not make cuts to essential service to punish the poor while giving their rich pals and big companies tax breaks.

There an example of EACH Parliament's fuck ups..

THAT is what you call balanced.

See I can at least see the faults in BOTH Westminster AND Holyrood while sometimes I think that you think the sun shines out of Salmond's arse!

No I just like toying with you...

But on a more serious note regarding something you posted...perhaps the world doesnt revolve around Rangers - but mine certainly does and Im sure many more will echo such sentiment.

On my iPhone so won't type much but I have read a lot about cults ( great marketing strategies!! Lol) but the tricks that makes them work is that you hammer home a message, allow no dissent, nod no external stimulus that may contradict that message. That is one of the problems some fans ( of most big clubs) face - if you only talk to your own, only see things from your own view point and you keep battering away at a message no matter how wrong that message cults show us that that message becomes real - I fear that what happens to some of our fans - I am trying to 'save' you by asking you to get out more - I may be to late! ( oh and yes that was the short answer)

Agree also with press and politicians, the press in this country are a joke anyway but the politicians surprised me, the sheer silence was deafening as the biggest sporting institution in the country was up shits creek getting raped from every corner. But in terms of Scotlands general public the majority really aren't interested, you just have to walk around Glasgow city centre on old firm day the majority just don't care and only know the major stories that the bbc run with.

Thats good perhaps now you will be able to empathise with the Orangmen on here who suffered so much unwarranted abuse for no reason other than standing up for what they believed in.

The problem is, D'art, people that "abuse" Orangemen are swiftly dealt with through moderation. If only we showed the same level of zero tolerance to people that abuse their own country. The exact same point I was trying to make in the Boyne thread.

On my iPhone so won't type much but I have read a lot about cults ( great marketing strategies!! Lol) but the tricks that makes them work is that you hammer home a message, allow no dissent, nod no external stimulus that may contradict that message. That is one of the problems some fans ( of most big clubs) face - if you only talk to your own, only see things from your own view point and you keep battering away at a message no matter how wrong that message cults show us that that message becomes real - I fear that what happens to some of our fans - I am trying to 'save' you by asking you to get out more - I may be to late! ( oh and yes that was the short answer)

Excellent definition of the SNP under Alex Salmond and the YES Campaign there.

Agree also with press and politicians, the press in this country are a joke anyway but the politicians surprised me, the sheer silence was deafening as the biggest sporting institution in the country was up shits creek getting raped from every corner. But in terms of Scotlands general public the majority really aren't interested, you just have to walk around Glasgow city centre on old firm day the majority just don't care and only know the major stories that the bbc run with.

Worse than silent in some cases 8watp - have a look at Early Day Motion 913 at Westminster signed by a certain Labour MP for Dundee West

Everything that has ever been written is skewed in a particular way!

Furthermore at least the people on here run down OUR country verbally instead of literally!

The People on this forum never made a law that branded us all criminals!

The People on this forum do not make cuts to essential service to punish the poor while giving their rich pals and big companies tax breaks.

There an example of EACH Parliament's fuck ups..

THAT is what you call balanced.

See I can at least see the faults in BOTH Westminster AND Holyrood while sometimes I think that you think the sun shines out of Salmond's arse!

I don't support Salmond, or the SNP. All anyone can do in politics is choose the lesser of two evils. In this case, it just happens to be that the SNP are the only party trying to deliver true democracy to my country. Something that D'art alluded to in his article, which was slightly ironic.

The problem is, D'art, people that "abuse" Orangemen are swiftly dealt with through moderation. If only we showed the same level of zero tolerance to people that abuse their own country. The exact same point I was trying to make in the Boyne thread.

I think you will find thats only "a problem" for you. And furthermore in that Boyne Parade thread, if you care to check back, you will find you were advocating something which the banned poster disagreed with. Which was very confusing.