Highlights now up on RTV for Bristol City match

julescotia

Looks like we played the ball about well.

There appears to be a more concerted effort to press higher up the pitch going by the start to this preseason, as seen by Daly leading to Macleod's goal there.

Bilel is so dominating in the air and hopefully we can tie him up and use that not only in defence but also the oppositions box where last season we never seemed to make any impact from setpieces.

Kyle Hutton looks to be making real efforts this preseason. Lots of good noises coming out from the club about his attitude and he seemed to put in a good shift yesterday, also had a cracking shot saved first half.

Defence is still our biggest issue at the moment, without looking vulnerable we are yet to look solid in that department.

Clearly CB is the priority and big billy seems to fit the bill nicely however I think we are still lacking a right mid! Little is not suited to that position and his delivery from wide areas is poor, emphasised by the last clip before half time!

If we go 4-1-3-2 next year then fair enough but if ally wants the option of playing 4-4-2 I think we need a pacy winger still....

Clearly CB is the priority and big billy seems to fit the bill nicely however I think we are still lacking a right mid! Little is not suited to that position and his delivery from wide areas is poor, emphasised by the last clip before half time!

If we go 4-1-3-2 next year then fair enough but if ally wants the option of playing 4-4-2 I think we need a pacy winger still....

Templeton, Aird, McKay and Crawford has been playing RM more recently. Also the likes of Stoney, Walsh from the youths could play a few games.

Considering our resources up front this season can't really see Little getting many chances besides at RM.

Templeton, Aird, McKay and Crawford has been playing RM more recently. Also the likes of Stoney, Walsh from the youths could play a few games.

Considering our resources up front this season can't really see Little getting many chances besides at RM.

Tempelton and aird tend to operate from the left and although both Crawford and McKay can do a job there I don't think either is most comfortable out wide....I have no doubt little will still contribute goals and assists if played RM but with daly and Clark as a pairing they really need good consistent service from the wide areas and I don't think little can provide that! Personally I would have went for Humphrey or Hines....

Ally is still keen on another striker so he says so little probably will be marginalised further as a ST but I still think that's his most effective position by far!

For the amount of goals he scored last season , he should be given a chance.

Well as someone who had tremendous vision as a footballer and knocked back a couple of Clubs. I would say thanks for the memories Jig and no doubt you will be a useful sub.

Only a club without a proper financial control would dream of retaining a mid 30's benchwarmer, for the third tier of Scottish football, at a salary that dwarfs all others, in Scottish football, apart from those at celtic

Only a club without a proper financial control would dream of retaining a mid 30's benchwarmer, for the third tier of Scottish football, at a salary that dwarfs all others, in Scottish football, apart from those at celtic

Yep. McCulloch is on the pay roll so our finances are a mess... :rolleyes:

Your issues with him are a real bore...

Yep. McCulloch is on the pay roll so our finances are a mess... :rolleyes:

Your issues with him are a real bore...

I would suggest that anyone who does not have an issue with his current salary should think about where we have just come from.

It is simply unsustainable.

We cannot afford to pay players, or managers, this type of money until we are competing in Europe.

PS i'd rather be a bore than watch, slack-jawed, as we end up in the grubber once more

We cannot afford to pay players, or managers, this type of money until we are competing in Europe.

How do you know what we can and can't afford. Are you the Rangers accounts department?

I would suggest that since Rangers have all the accounts, and know what they actually pay their players and staff, that they are probably best placed to decide what we can and can't afford. (tu)

I would suggest that anyone who does not have an issue with his current salary should think about where we have just come from.

It is simply unsustainable.

PS i'd rather be a bore than watch, slack-jawed, as we end up in the grubber once more

yawn.gif

You hypothesise alot.

How do you know what we can and can't afford. Are you the Rangers accounts department?

I would suggest that since Rangers have all the accounts, and know what they actually pay their players and staff, that they are probably best placed to decide what we can and can't afford. (tu)

While I generally agree, trusting Rangers to be financially prudent has let us down in the past. I have been told that Jig is paid in the region of £18,000 p/w and have no reason to doubt that, but I can't name the source so I realise there's no reason to believe that.

So basically you are saying that it's not rather silly to have a 35 year old carrying a history of recent injuries on a huge salary that is out of line with our division. He will not play any serious part in the team this season.

So really doesn't matter as to the state of the accounts when looking at Jig. If we had cut him down to say between 2 and 3 k pw think of the savings involved.

While I generally agree, trusting Rangers to be financially prudent has let us down in the past. I have been told that Jig is paid in the region of £18,000 p/w and have no reason to doubt that, but I can't name the source so I realise there's no reason to believe that.

:blink:

Well we have a completely different board in charge of our finances now so can't see why the sins of the old are being cast upon the current incumbents.

As for the rest of your post more speculative hear'say posted on RM. Seen it all before...

Well we have a completely different board in charge of our finances now so can't see why the sins of the old are being cast upon the current incumbents.

As for the rest of your post more speculative hear'say posted on RM. Seen it all before...

A board that has a hugely inferior revenue than the previously negligent ones.

You either accept we have to run the business first and foremost or don't get involved and stick to watching the football.

A board that has a hugely inferior revenue than the previously negligent ones.

You either accept we have to run the business first and foremost or don't get involved and stick to watching the football.

By "we", do you mean "I" as in you?

Not like you to miss the point....

You are saying we should automatically trust that the board are running us in a prudent manner, I am saying we have first-hand experience that that is not always the case, therefore we should remain vigilant.

Furthermore, it is clear that we were already overspending massively in comparison to the level we were playing in, and we have already added to the wage bill (or at least remained at the same level, given the departure of high earners). Also, we have less than half of the IPO funds remaining and very little to show for it. Is this really a board keeping a tight reign on the finances?

Let's say for a second I am right - do you think that sum of money for a 35 year old playing in the second division is viable. If so - why? If not - how much do you think is suitable?

1) Not like you to miss the point....

2) You are saying we should automatically trust that the board are running us in a prudent manner, I am saying we have first-hand experience that that is not always the case, therefore we should remain vigilant.

3) Furthermore, it is clear that we were already overspending massively in comparison to the level we were playing in, and we have already added to the wage bill (or at least remained at the same level, given the departure of high earners). Also, we have less than half of the IPO funds remaining and very little to show for it. Is this really a board keeping a tight reign on the finances?

4) Let's say for a second I am right - do you think that sum of money for a 35 year old playing in the second division is viable. If so - why? If not - how much do you think is suitable?

1) Your previous post had a point? :unsure:

2) No I didn't say that.

3) You have no idea about any of that. None of us do.

4) If we can afford it, which I believe we can, then yes it's viable.