Walter what is he up to clearing the way for the return of Green ?

bawsburst

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did not read the full article, but two days ago Craig Mather said he and Walter had spent the flight time and then after they got to Germany time with Ally sorting out the way forward, which was good to hear. But now through the f*****g Record Walter tells us he is now ready to step down. To be fair he probably did say that it would not be long term, but he has only been our chairman for a few months and although most of us knew Walter did not have the financial background to do the job, this seems like more boardroom turmoil again.

To be fair, he doesn't say he's 'about to step down' - merely that he doesn't want the job long term

Yet i'm really not sure how cut out he was for the job.

His track record in the world of Investment suggests he was , plus strange that as he leaves the company that took as to the share issue and AIM have also gone.

The only thing I can think of that perhaps an unknown ego emerged when he to stock of the fact that as a fan he was sitting at the head of the Board of Directors..........egos are dangerous things if people get a sniff of the adulation.

His track record in the world of Investment suggests he was , plus strange that as he leaves the company that took as to the share issue and AIM have also gone.

The only thing I can think of that perhaps an unknown ego emerged when he to stock of the fact that as a fan he was sitting at the head of the Board of Directors..........egos are dangerous things if people get a sniff of the adulation.

I think it was more Green that always wanted Murray to leave mate.

To be fair, he doesn't say he's 'about to step down' - merely that he doesn't want the job long term

Not a very good choice of words on my part, but he is saying he is not capable of doing the job, so how long do we as fans want him to be there ? I will add I like Walter, but he should never have become our chairman IMO.

Would hope that they are trying to identify his successor now, they are gonna need to find a superstar to please everybody.

Not a very good choice of words on my part, but he is saying he is not capable of doing the job, so how long do we as fans want him to be there ? I will add I like Walter, but he should never have become our chairman IMO.

Fair enough mate, wasn't having a go and not sure I'm entirely keen on Walter as chairmen for all the same reasons. Just didnt want to give ammo to the exaggeration-merchants on here who love egging up a drama

Fair enough mate, wasn't having a go and not sure I'm entirely keen on Walter as chairmen for all the same reasons. Just didnt want to give ammo to the exaggeration-merchants on here who love egging up a drama

Spot on Bud...............I know exactly what/who you mean ;):D

If as you see he's happy to walk away with his money(and have no problems with him doing that) he will most certainly not be happy re share price.

If he has a locked in deal with the Easdale brothers for the sale of his shares they will have agreed a price and that won't be affected by the changes in share price between the agreement being made and completed when he is officially allowed to complete the deal.

Few things from this article..............at last all the fans that shouted Walter is a business man as he had companies.........yes you can be the money behind the pubs but that as Walter has admitted does not a businessman make.

Also just about everyone on here for the last few years(longer for some) have been screaming to have that paper out the door of Ibrox......now we have that father of the four priests wedding guests over with the team in Germany and Walter giving interviews.........what's happened to the ..........don't believe a word unless it comes for the official site!!

And to scarkev.................CG offered Walter the Chairmans post a year ago............so why have you even mentioned CG in this thread Bud?

I wish he had listed the huge strides he is talking about.............is this on the playing side or in financial strength of the Ltd Co as he has hinted that we need money fro the next step................so will they becoming to the fans again or will it be shareholders being offered more shares................the crap that has been going on I can't see any institutional investors making a move.

To be fair the whole point of the post was about Green if you read the title

I am certain Green will return, we will see cataclysmic changes in the club structure and business model, my Yorkshire kin get to hear things not very often wrong.

Great, so what did they tell you about his statements on the Dallas Cowboys, Man Utd and our joining the English leagues?