The JD Captain thread

I've lost family fighting political ideologies in Germany in the past. Don't hold it against all Germans though. I also have Irish married into the family. He certainly isn't a rabid republican supporter of the IRA. Don't see any reason to think Daly is either. As far as I'm concerned he's just a foreigner playing for Rangers. Irish doesn't mean anti-British.

And likewise.

As I said this is a Bridge too far for me.

Never happened in my lifetime and I cannot accept this in Amy way whatsoever.

So I'm out.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be careful what you wish for at silent Ibrox.

We are the Bedrock of RFC, and it is foolish to disregard them.

If by we you mean people with views like yours I would say coprolite is a better description than bedrock.

Let's clear this up once and for all.

Lee McCulloch is Club Captain.

Lee Wallace is Vice-Club Captain.

Lee Wallace was captain before Lee McCulloch entered the field of play and then subsequently, after Jig had to be replaced by Daly, Wallace was removed from the pitch and either he, on his own, or from a pre-match instruction, gave the band to Daly who was captain at United I'm sure.

If you have a problem with this then you need to have a look in the mirror.

Let he without Sin Cast the First Stone.

DO not question me.

Now respect my beliefs.

Thanks.

And likewise.

As I said this is a Bridge too far for me.

Never happened in my lifetime and I cannot accept this in Amy way whatsoever.

So I'm out.

So is any Irish a no no as far as you're concerned?

I would actually go for Wallace (as vice-captain). Having seen him in interviews he seems pretty intelligent, a good type to be the face of the club and I think his professionalism and fitness shows a good example. Maybe he should be a little more communicative on the pitch sometimes though.

Your last sentence is why I don't think he should be vice captain. He isn't naturally vocal or indeed naturally a leader. Last season was different by virtue of the fact he was one of our more senior players but under normal circumstances he would be nowhere near the armband and that is not a criticism of him as a player.

I'll say this one quietly. Very quietly, probably based on nothing more than hope but I would like to see Macleod growing in to a captain's role in the future. He is around about the age Barry Ferguson first broke in to the team and has had more starts than Barry had at his age.

Your last sentence is why I don't think he should be vice captain. He isn't naturally vocal or indeed naturally a leader. Last season was different by virtue of the fact he was one of our more senior players but under normal circumstances he would be nowhere near the armband and that is not a criticism of him as a player.

I'll say this one quietly. Very quietly, probably based on nothing more than hope but I would like to see Macleod growing in to a captain's role in the future. He is around about the age Barry Ferguson first broke in to the team and has had more starts than Barry had at his age.

Yeah, I've got a nasty feeling he won't be around that long.

I reckon Wallace could become the captain we all wanted Davis to be. Not the loudest but one who influenced the team with his work rate, professionalism and set an example for the rest of the lads.

Yeah.

And what if.

won't be returning to Ibrox whilst this Shenanigans goes on.

Nothing to do with Religion but this is a Bridge too Far for me.

Is that ok with you?

Politics is a pain at tTimes but sometimes it's the principle that Matters.

Good riddance.

You can join bluenose1972 and leave the proper fans to it.

just Republican.

Ok?

Nacho I'd like to ask this,

All the Irishmen, sorry, Republic of Irishnessmen that have did you or your kin wrong, please answer, would any have pulled on the blue jersey for the mighty Gers? Jon Daly has and will continue to do so. He was even proud to captain our team so on reflection, who is the bigot? It takes a bigger man to admit maybe he was wrong.

Don't remember the USA carrying out Terrorist attacks in Mainland UK maybe I missed that one.

By Republican I mean someone from a Republic. Pretty sure Daly has fuck all to do with the kind of Republicanism that you mean, nor do most Irish, few of whom would have been around when they became independent.

Don't remember the USA carrying out Terrorist attacks in Mainland UK maybe I missed that one.

The USA did kill thousands of British people in a political war. But apparently that's okay with you because it wasn't done in "mainland UK".

I know what you mean mate but hopefully he isn't another Ness or McCabe. This season is huge for him in his Rangers career although not necessarily his footballing career. Here's hoping.

I know what you mean mate but hopefully he isn't another Ness or McCabe. This season is huge for him in his Rangers career although not necessarily his footballing career. Here's hoping.

A good few seasons then copious amounts of money for him would be fine by me. :pipe:

I'd hope that surely he'd look at what happened to past players like him who left early and came to nothing and decide it's best for him to stay and make a name for himself. I fear agents are often too good at convincing young players otherwise.

I'd hope that surely he'd look at what happened to past players like him who left early and came to nothing and decide it's best for him to stay and make a name for himself. I fear agents are often too good at convincing young players otherwise.

Apparently he purposely still drives a Corsa? I recon he'll stay a sensible duration!