When did RMers opinions on Green change?

FernandoR20

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From my perspective, because before he showed his face again, things seemed to be going smoothly. New signings (Green wouldn't have sanctioned), and a CEO who knows how to conduct himself with dignity.

Prior to the announcement of Green's return we had Marvelous Mini and his band of Merry Men plotting to oust the CEO and FD. Hardly 'things running smoothly'.

Mather has invest one million quid of his own money, conducts himself (as you say) with dignity, seems to have business acumen...... yet the club 'de-stabilizers' want him out.

With Walters resignation, and alarm bells with McCoist(regardless howbh has portrayed himself this week) it sends a worrying shiver down my spine.

Walter, the most trusted and one of the only 'Rangers men' couldn't stay to work with this man, why should he be trusted?

My trust is with Walter, tried to keep a clear view in times of recent but really don't see grounds to doubt Walter.

Prior to the announcement of Green's return we had Marvelous Mini and his band of Merry Men plotting to oust the CEO and FD. Hardly 'things running smoothly'.

Mather has invest one million quid of his own money, conducts himself (as you say) with dignity, seems to have business acumen...... yet the club 'de-stabilizers' want him out.

Last night Mr Mather sent James Traynor to address the fans at Ibrox, and while JT was doing so, Mather snuck out the back door apparently, it is not the Rangers way to avoid the fans. Reminds me of how that shyster CW acted.

First time of asking - endless trouble. But, even I enjoyed some of the humour. Although Green peaked with his school uniform gag.

Like so many of his other wild claims - his promises to fight for Rangers turned out to be hollow when he walked.

He's back for one day and the club's in uproar. All I expect of Green's presence now is a lot of trouble for Rangers.

My opinion of Green hasn't changed.

Its fairly obvious he's been brought back by the current board to fight off the latest attempt to steal our club on the cheap.

Smith it seems was outvoted on this and has taken the huff.

Greens consortium imo deserve respect for taking the risk that so many Rangers men weren't prepared to and doing the donkey work to get our great club up and running again.

Last night Mr Mather sent James Traynor to address the fans at Ibrox, and while JT was doing so, Mather snuck out the back door apparently, it is not the Rangers way to avoid the fans. Reminds me of how that shyster CW acted.

Not unusual for any CEO to let 'communications people' do the communicating.

Aye? And how do you know this? 'Heard it fae a pal' wont suffice as an answer.

I really don't think he caused it. The McColl / mini murray move was obviously something that wasn't done overnight, it has been planned for some time before last week. Their strategy is to destabilise the club in order to achieve their hostile takeover. I believe that CG was parachuted in to try and block the hostile takeover.

The disappointing thing is it would seem that Walter Smith was playing a double game and backing McColl / mini murray while continuing to sit as Chairman. Not the most honourable course of action IMO.

That is how I see it mate

Not unusual for any CEO to let 'communications people' do the communicating.

It's the fact he ran out the back door and in to a waiting car to leave. JT was used as a smokescreen last night for his own escape nothing less

Time to face the fans and tell us everything.

Opinion turned against Green when he made it clear he wouldn't continue to pay £1.5m p/a for the 3 stooges to stand laughing on the touchline while the team played appallingly and lost to part-timers. Suddenly, he was a racist, a front for Whyte, a liar, etc.

Opinion turned against Green when he made it clear he wouldn't continue to pay £1.5m p/a for the 3 stooges to stand laughing on the touchline while the team played appallingly and lost to part-timers. Suddenly, he was a racist, a front for Whyte, a liar, etc.

Really wish people would separate this issue from their dislike of McCoist. It's nothing to do with the footballing side. FFS.

When Green left some months ago, I remember many on this board were upset he was leaving. However, since it was announced he was coming back, i noticed so much more people had gone off him (and even more now after the departure of Smith)

So why did so many fan's opinion of him change during the period he was out of the scene?

My opinion of Green hasn't changed - I've never liked nor trusted the guy. He's a complete chancer and the fans will end up hating him as much as Shyte.

If I've got a choice between Charles Green and his consortium who put their money where their mouth is when we needed it most, or a bunch of fucking chancers like mini Murray and all his cronies who could have outbid the 'Green machine' if they really had the best interests of our club at heart, then I will stick with Green.

At least we know his motives for being at Ibrox and wanting us to succeed on the pitch, which equates to succeeding with the money men, compared to TBK MK XXVII who seem to have a motive of getting their mitts on power at minimum cost to their wallets (or couches) whatever the case me be.

Perhaps Jim McColl should rename his business "Clyde Blowhards" instead of Clyde Blowers, because when we (the club) needed him most, he was, to put in military terms, "Missing in Action"

From where I sit, Green is the lesser of two evils.

Really wish people would separate this issue from their dislike of McCoist. It's nothing to do with the footballing side. FFS.

No idea what this means. The question was "When did fans' opinion turn against Green?" The answer is "When Rangers bloggers rounded on him after press stories were leaked linking him to Whyte, calling him a racist, etc after he threatened to fire some of the struggling coaching staff". Does that help or are you too upset about people's "dislike of McCoist"?

I'm glad to see him back, I wish he'd never left. I also can't say for sure he "caused this shitstorm" as someone on here put it. I think the shitstorm was always coming because too many people want their finger in the pie of Rangers now that we've survived the initial threat of collapse.

Out of all the parties vying for power, Green is the one I fear the least.

My opinion of him hasn't changed one bit, especially if the choice is between him and his consortium who have actually invested and Mini and the Clyde Carpetbaggers who have put in f*ck all but are intent on destabilising our club. Green has got a right to protect his consortiums investment has he not ? For me the change to the coaching side has been a long time coming - we've been utter sh*te for ages so welcome back Charlie - get rid of the under achievers and let our club move forward.

I liked him when he was here okay a lot was staged but he fought ever angle and got off his ass to meet fans .but totally confused now getting pulled in 2 different directions as trust Walter as well.

But looking on a more positive note better to have ppl fighting over our club than nobody interested in it....then that would have been even more scary. Def the only show in town.