Live update from meeting

1st_Jan_1994

You've sounded a bit less impassioned about defending Green since you got back. He is something of a side issue compared to the stuff Stockbridge seems to have been saying but did the meeting give you cause to lose some faith in Green as well?

Not really less impassioned about defending Green. I'm a little more perceptive to alternative opinions now that it looks like the share issue money is more or less all used up.

I think the hard time he got off the fans was strong in his absence. He wasn't there to defend himself. A lot of it was over the top. Wasn't 100% comfortable with it.

But I'll have to give some credit to Traynor, Harte, McCoist and Mather they didn't really bad mouth him or get on any bandwagons that were forming in the crowd. They remained balanced. They said what he said was out of order in their opinion and they told him that.

This has happened under greens watch more than Mather. So in short to me it's left Stockbridge and green not looking to great.

Mather seems to be siding more with Walter and hart going by his responses tonight regarding the last weeks shenanigans

Green has to take his responsibility for whatever the financial issues are, I was more referring to the recent stuff about interviews etc.

Not really less impassioned about defending Green. I'm a little more perceptive to alternative opinions now that it looks like the share issue money is more or less all used up.

I think the hard time he got off the fans was strong in his absence. He wasn't there to defend himself. A lot of it was over the top. Wasn't 100% comfortable with it.

But I'll have to give some credit to Traynor, Harte, McCoist and Mather they didn't really bad mouth him or get on any bandwagons that were forming in the crowd. They remained balanced. They said what he said was out of order in their opinion and they told him that.

All sounds fair. (tu)

I also can see that while there may be dramatisations going on financial concerns don't seem to be unfounded.

Cheers again for the summaries and updates... It seems there are more questions than answers and the £10M inclusive is very worrying.

Hopefully the board stick to the promise that these meetings can become a bit more commonplace and thus quell any fears of the situation getting out of control.

Blue Devil, that pop was a bit unfair mate. 1st_Jan was giving live, factual updates to the forum off his own back and got a telling off for it too! So, I think credit where credit is due.

Green has to take his responsibility for whatever the financial issues are, I was more referring to the recent stuff about interviews etc.

Agree with this.

Green will have to answer for any financial dealings under his watch. Especially with daft quotes about £10m warchests.

Overall though, his statements last week were pretty tame to be honest. Jumped on as an excuse for a poor result.

I was just really answering that for myself rather than J :lol:

I'm actually quite worried most folk I've spoke to who were there tonight have zero confidence in Stockbridge

This has happened under greens watch more than Mather. So in short to me it's left Stockbridge and green not looking to great.

Mather seems to be siding more with Walter and hart going by his responses tonight regarding the last weeks shenanigans

Mather knows that Green's coat is on a shoogly peg. It's a self preservation exercise he's on now. 300k plus bonuses for the level we are at is still bleeding us dry. Advertise the job of CEO, and you'll get someone much more competent for half the price.

Cheers again for the summaries and updates... It seems there are more questions than answers and the £10M inclusive is very worrying.

Hopefully the board stick to the promise that these meetings can become a bit more commonplace and thus quell any fears of the situation getting out of control.

Blue Devil, that pop was a bit unfair mate. 1st_Jan was giving live, factual updates to the forum off his own back and got a telling off for it too! So, I think credit where credit is due.

No likes left, so cheers instead (tu)

Mather knows that Green's coat is on a shoogly peg. It's a self preservation exercise he's on now. He's still bleeding us dry. 300k plus bonuses for the level we are at is still bleeding us dry. Advertise the job of CEO, and you'll get someone much more competent for half the price.

In fairness Walter Smith made a point of backing Mather in his resignation statement.

I'm actually quite worried most folk I've spoke to who were there tonight have zero confidence in Stockbridge

THis should not turn into a case of stockbridge bad, mather good. If the finances have got into a mess under the watch of mather (and green!) then as the CEO, they are responsible.

Stockbridge should not be made a scapegoat as the guy holding the bag of shit.

Mather knows that Green's coat is on a shoogly peg. It's a self preservation exercise he's on now. He's still bleeding us dry. 300k plus bonuses for the level we are at is still bleeding us dry. Advertise the job of CEO, and you'll get someone much more competent for half the price.

That was actually raised why wasn't the position properly advertised to get a CEO in that would represent maximum value for money.

I'm not worried as such yet, I have some concerns though, in fairness i was always concerned we were overspending for where we are, as far back as last summer.

To be honest, I dont know why i am trying to defend him. Its a political answer.

The important question is actaully just 'How much money is left?' It does not matter a jot if it is IPO money or ST money or whatever. We just need to know the real amount and if this seasons income has been included.

It's a joke we needed an extra £22m to get us not even through 2 full seasons of the worst leagues in Europe. D-day will be the start of next season. Will Ally even have a budget for players by then, at the start of what will be a quite difficult league? McColl and King are not trying to scare-monger without valid reasons.

That was actually raised why wasn't the position properly advertised to get a CEO in that would represent maximum value for money.

They were probably worried that a CEO with a good reputation would take the job, walk in the door, look at the accounts, turn round, walk out and blow the whistle!

Would a great CEO risk his reputation if he thought we were heading back into admin?

Is Mather in bonuses as well? I never actually knew that, I thought he was a 300k flat fee?

Blue Devil came across as right snidey arse there.

It's a joke we needed an extra £22m to get us not even through 2 full seasons of the worst leagues in Europe. D-day will be the start of next season. Will Ally even have a budget for players by then, at the start of what will be a quite difficult league? McColl and King are not trying to scare-monger without valid reasons.

We shouldn't need a budget for players provided we keep the squad more or less together until we get back to the SPL

However it's the budget when we get back to the SPL, or lackof, to win our title from Celtic that worries me.

They were probably worried that a CEO with a good reputation would take the job, walk in the door, look at the accounts, turn round, walk out and blow the whistle!

Would a great CEO risk his reputation if he thought we were heading back into admin?

Fair enough point (tu)

THis should not turn into a case of stockbridge bad, mather good. If the finances have got into a mess under the watch of mather (and green!) then as the CEO, they are responsible.

Stockbridge should not be made a scapegoat as the guy holding the bag of shit.

I'm meaning anyone I've spoke to who was there said they left with zero confidence in the man

To be honest, I dont know why i am trying to defend him. Its a political answer.

The important question is actaully just 'How much money is left?' It does not matter a jot if it is IPO money or ST money or whatever. We just need to know the real amount and if this seasons income has been included.

No other club in this country gets scrutinised like we do.

I could see another share issue around the time of returning to the SPL.