Hearts & Minds

D'Artagnan

Have to admit I'm with Swally on this one Frankie. Blogging done right can be used for good but it can also be destructive if abused. I mentioned earlier in the thread about how the RTC blog conned half a nation. That's how easy it is. I'm not saying either side dont believe in what they're blogging but , to most of us , we really cannot separate fact from fantasy any more and its not doing Rangers any good.

The problem is that genie has already escaped the bottle and it isn't going to be put back in. So we are just going to have to live with the blogging phenomenon and do our best to separate fact from fiction.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to admit I'm with Swally on this one Frankie. Blogging done right can be used for good but it can also be destructive if abused. I mentioned earlier in the thread about how the RTC blog conned half a nation. That's how easy it is. I'm not saying either side dont believe in what they're blogging but , to most of us , we really cannot separate fact from fantasy any more and its not doing Rangers any good.

That's fair enough which is why, again, I've criticised all involved - from the club being less than straight to any fan (doesn't have to be a blogger either) that runs interference on behalf of people without balance.

However, I'm still happy that the bulk of Rangers fans can make up their own minds on issues without needing to be guided in one direction of the other. As said above, the vast majority of our support don't even use the web so they'll be immune from the Mark Dingwall death grip that's supposed to infect the rest of us.

(PS: I know he's quoted in the papers now and again but if everyone believed what he said all of the time then the RST would be a lot more successful than it is).

I don't owe you any answers to any questions.

Dear oh dear hillhead

what a way to carry on

come on what does a big four partner make of rabble rousing and trying to reduce the share price to let a preferred group (preferred for no apparent reason) take control?

you, of all people, would be expected to want to see

1. the colour of their money

2. their short, medium and long-term, intentions

The first and only time Rangers fans ever made a decision was in the days of JG in my eyes the greatest Ranger ever, that however didn't stop me voting with my feet along with thousands of others. Rangers fans have made a habit ever since of blaming everyone else for anything that isn't liked or goes wrong, time to stop living on our knees and stand up and take responsibility for our club, a good sentiment but one which I think may never be attained.

HHB are you the person who posts on FF, do you feel it is a site without agenda and that everyone is treated fairly irrespective of their view. From what I and many others can see now that it is not a closed site doesn't show it in a very good light, seems to be four or five posters who run things and hound anyone who asks even the simplest questions about Murray or McColl.

Dear oh dear hillhead

what a way to carry on

come on what does a big four partner make of rabble rousing and trying to reduce the share price to let a preferred group (preferred for no apparent reason) take control?

you, of all people, would be expected to want to see

1. the colour of their money

2. their short, medium and long-term, intentions

If you have read any of my posts on the subject you will see that I advocate sitting around a table with both McColl & Co. and with Greenco and having the kind of conversation I would expect them to be having with their institutional investors before committing any votes. In fact, your point 2 is exactly what I want to discuss. needless to say, there are a few strident voices on FF who feel that I am being unreasonable, that I should have enough info from article in the DR and Herald (no sniggering at the back) and unconditional support is what is now needed.

Unfortunately, unless we can combine some or all of our 12% into an effective block then that conversation will not happen and the DR will be about as good as we get.

You see the same 'absolutism' on FF that you get here on RM albeit in favour of different camps. I don't think that has served us particularly well in the past and I don't see how doing the same thing again is going to get us a different and better outcome.

ps. I am a Big 4 partner (retired) and my name is not Frank.

The first and only time Rangers fans ever made a decision was in the days of JG in my eyes the greatest Ranger ever, that however didn't stop me voting with my feet along with thousands of others. Rangers fans have made a habit ever since of blaming everyone else for anything that isn't liked or goes wrong, time to stop living on our knees and stand up and take responsibility for our club, a good sentiment but one which I think may never be attained.

HHB are you the person who posts on FF, do you feel it is a site without agenda and that everyone is treated fairly irrespective of their view. From what I and many others can see now that it is not a closed site doesn't show it in a very good light, seems to be four or five posters who run things and hound anyone who asks even the simplest questions about Murray or McColl.

Yes, I post on FF and sometimes on Gersnet too. I have never felt hounded or harassed and have always spoken my mind. Every site has its agendas and posters who can sometimes get a little too 'strident'. Yep, RM as well (you know who you are :) ).

Generally speaking, I think that Gersnet has the most thoughtful and adult discussions on this and on other subjects.

Yes, I post on FF and sometimes on Gersnet too. I have never felt hounded or harassed and have always spoken my mind. Every site has its agendas and posters who can sometimes get a little too 'strident'. Yep, RM as well (you know who you are :) ).

Generally speaking, I think that Gersnet has the most thoughtful and adult discussions on this and on other subjects.

Thanks for the reply, I suppose that every place does have its militants, but I must say that FF is really scraping the bottom of the barrel today with Suck promoting Leggo's article and referring to money laundering, is there no level that they will not stoop to.

Thanks for the reply, I suppose that every place does have its militants, but I must say that FF is really scraping the bottom of the barrel today with Suck promoting Leggo's article and referring to money laundering, is there no level that they will not stoop to.

One thread isn't exactly 'promoting'. But nothing forces you to open it, read it or agree with it (I haven't even opened it). There are a lot of strong opinions on the matter and there are also many of us who don't bother reading Leggo (or McMurdo for that matter) any more. I think you are working hard at being offended here.

Very very insightful post, why did you leave gersnet , was it because severe lack of posters ? Have you changed your name on here?

Very very insightful post, why did you leave gersnet , was it because severe lack of posters ? Have you changed your name on here?

I didn't leave Gersnet and I have never changed my name on RM.

I didn't leave Gersnet and I have never changed my name on RM.

Cheers , have to say I love the state you live , have been going out to Scottsdale since 91, superb place and that heat, so why gersnet , it can't be much of a site as the guy who started it is never off here.

Friday afternoon here , just had a heavy downpour but even although I'm a way from Glasgow , the good old Glasgow banter is still flowing :7325: Pleased to see you have joined in :thumbup:

Cheers , have to say I love the state you live , have been going out to Scottsdale since 91, superb place and that heat, so why gersnet , it can't be much of a site as the guy who started it is never off here.

Friday afternoon here , just had a heavy downpour but even although I'm a way from Glasgow , the good old Glasgow banter is still flowing :7325: Pleased to see you have joined in :thumbup:

Even though I live in Arizona, I am back in Glasgow a lot these days as I have an elderly parent that needs more and more care. And when you get less than 10 inches of rain a year, the Glasgow weather can be refreshing .... at least for the first hour. Right now I am grandson sitting in Geneva. So I get around a lot.

Why Gersnet? I'm not there a lot but I just like the tone of the discussion on there.

Even though I live in Arizona, I am back in Glasgow a lot these days as I have an elderly parent that needs more and more care. And when you get less than 10 inches of rain a year, the Glasgow weather can be refreshing .... at least for the first hour. Right now I am grandson sitting in Geneva. So I get around a lot.

Why Gersnet? I'm not there a lot but I just like the tone of the discussion on there.

That everyone agrees with eachother on gersnet.

One thread isn't exactly 'promoting'. But nothing forces you to open it, read it or agree with it (I haven't even opened it). There are a lot of strong opinions on the matter and there are also many of us who don't bother reading Leggo (or McMurdo for that matter) any more. I think you are working hard at being offended here.

Rather than me being offended I think you are gilding the lily and seeing what you want to see, FF has a one sided agenda and Suck enforces it. There I will leave it and agree to differ we will never agree on the obvious.