Overcrowding at last nights game.

TheBluebells

I sat in the east stand , just as the game kicked off smoke bombs were set off by this group right in front of me , they were in fact all in there mid teens I'd say 16 years old , now I still enjoy the atmosphere they create but a lot of fans last night were not pleased with the smoke bombs being set off

I was in the exact same area, and you have the ages spot on.

As was posted earlier, on there was a time when the young supporters were sent down to the front, but that was usually pre-teenagers, I used to get sent to stand next to the pole that was in line with the centre line in the terracing which is now the Govan stand, that was mostly so your father could find you after the game as it was chaos trying to get out.

If they want to congregate fine but, at that particular bit of the concourse there were some people trying to get past with wheelchairs and some of those standing were reluctant to move. For me, stand if you want but please have some consideration for those around you, and please ditch the smoke bombs.

The thing that really annoyed me was missing Nicky Clark's goal, I saw the first six and stayed to the end , so dear knows how I managed to miss it.

2nkux38.jpg

Cmon guys UB:s are the future of our club we got one playing for us in young Nicki Clarke .I knew his dad sandy well as he drank in my local a few years back (Kaim Park Bathgate ) Think the lad will do fine for us and scored tonight .

Well done son keep it up

When I came in the young team (I will call them this because it was a mixture of union Bears and some hingers on, most of which where in their early to mid teens), were all down the bottom end of the east stand for kick off, dancing about and givin it laldy to the Airdrie mob in the west stand.

The game was only a couple of minutes in and the first smoke bomb went off.

Now, as far as I could make out, this happened right in front of some supporters in wheelchairs and they all got shifted up towards us in block U.

It was here they spent pretty much the entire game with several smoke bombs etc going off throughout the rest of the game.

Now, these boys probably did give the atmosphere a good kick up the arse but they do need to be rained in a little because their constant goading of the police and security was an embarrassment and appears to be all they were interested in for the first half hour of the match.

Because of all the jostling etc going on down the front, I witnessed one young fan getting very distressed when he was separated from him auld man and bounced about as they tried make their way up to their seats. The auld man was not a happy camper and started arguing with a couple of the boys on the stairwell.

When it all started to calm down and they started singing, they did come into their own. Chants of 'yer just a man in a jacket' and 'theirs only one Andy Murray' to the dodgy lookalike security boy along with our usual songbook kept things alive through the whole game.

The young team are the future, but they really need to calm down when it comes to dealing with the police etc.