Thought they were Raking it In?

North Rd

What we have here is proof that the club with no bank debt has in fact got a lot of bank debt with one institution. Ok, so they have debt, big deal some may say. Well here is the important part of this that isn't in the story, they have mortgages on Parkhead, now Parkhead certainly didn't have a value of anywhere near the amount mentioned in the article, unlike Tyncastle it wasn't a prime site for redevelopment into luxury flats.

The east end of Glasgow was pretty run down hence the land on which Parkhead stands would seem to have less value than what it seems to be mortgaged for, that raises the question who in their right minds would offer this sort of financial support at such an unrealistic interest rate. Step forward The Co-Op Bank who seem to be more interested in financing c****c than meeting their obligations to those who own the bank. Like a previous poster I would also like to know who negotiated such a deal on behalf of the bank as it seems to be very, very poor business, while being beneficial to c****c to the point of being charitable.

So how does a club raise the value of the land on which its stadium is built? Well in the case of c****c they didn't need to, the Scottish Government, the GCC and our Commonwealth Games bid did it all for them. Suddenly the east end around Parkhead will be the home of world class sports facilities, hotels and luxury flats. This means that the ground on which Parkhead is built becomes more valuable if the club were to decide to move to a new stadium in Glasgow or perhaps even play their home games in Dublin, or allow them to meet the value of the mortgages that they took out on the place with an eye on raising more cash in the future.

If we were ever in any doubt that only one institution in Scotland will gain from the Commonwealth Games in we now have it. Well done to the OP for highlighting the ST article because I'm pretty sure that we wouldn't have seen it in any of the Scottish daily papers.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What we have here is proof that the club with no bank debt has in fact got a lot of bank debt with one institution. Ok, so they have debt, big deal some may say. Well here is the important part of this that isn't in the story, they have mortgages on Parkhead, now Parkhead certainly didn't have a value of anywhere near the amount mentioned in the article, unlike Tyncastle it wasn't a prime site for redevelopment into luxury flats.

The east end of Glasgow was pretty run down hence the land on which Parkhead stands would seem to have less value than what it seems to be mortgaged for, that raises the question who in their right minds would offer this sort of financial support at such an unrealistic interest rate. Step forward The Co-Op Bank who seem to be more interested in financing c****c than meeting their obligations to those who own the bank. Like a previous poster I would also like to know who negotiated such a deal on behalf of the bank as it seems to be very, very poor business, while being beneficial to c****c to the point of being charitable.

So how does a club raise the value of the land on which its stadium is built? Well in the case of c****c they didn't need to, the Scottish Government, the GCC and our Commonwealth Games bid did it all for them. Suddenly the east end around Parkhead will be the home of world class sports facilities, hotels and luxury flats. This means that the ground on which Parkhead is built becomes more valuable if the club were to decide to move to a new stadium in Glasgow or perhaps even play their home games in Dublin, or allow them to meet the value of the mortgages that they took out on the place with an eye on raising more cash in the future.

If we were ever in any doubt that only one institution in Scotland will gain from the Commonwealth Games in we now have it. Well done to the OP for highlighting the ST article because I'm pretty sure that we wouldn't have seen it in any of the Scottish daily papers.

I've put forward a few times on here about the vote for the siting of the velodrome. Where the SNP MSP walked out because his vote was pointless as all the others on the panel where Celtic ST holders, Shareholders or both.

I've put forward a few times on here about the vote for the siting of the velodrome. Where the SNP MSP walked out because his vote was pointless as all the others on the panel where Celtic ST holders, Shareholders or both.

I've seen your posts and might even have chipped in a reply. This whole set up has been going on for years, just look at the way GCC sold them land for £1 after going to the cost of moving folk out and clearing the land. What really annoys me though is why this is not given the time of day by so many of the members of this forum. They're happy to scream about the injustices brought about by the cabal, but ignore the big picture on how the public purse is being used as a means of boosting c****c's financial status.

Anytime we get more of an insight to what has been going on we get calls of "Bears Den" and the age old "I don't read anything about them" and the story gets dropped in the General Forum, they talk about things being swept under the carpet then do it themselves and then claim wonder at why we are in the situation we are in.

How much of the overdraft facility are they utilising though?, the could have a 10 million facility but don't use it

It's not so much about the overdraft, but the mortgages. I think there are about seven of these provided by the Co-op bank and GCC presumably against Parkhead and their training ground. Since when has it been the remit of a city council to fund a football team? The next big thing will be after 2014 when they decide whether or not the GCC can afford to keep funding these facilities. Guess who will probably be on hand to take them over at a fraction of their construction costs and land values?

I've seen your posts and might even have chipped in a reply. This whole set up has been going on for years, just look at the way GCC sold them land for £1 after going to the cost of moving folk out and clearing the land. What really annoys me though is why this is not given the time of day by so many of the members of this forum. They're happy to scream about the injustices brought about by the cabal, but ignore the big picture on how the public purse is being used as a means of boosting c****c's financial status.

Anytime we get more of an insight to what has been going on we get calls of "Bears Den" and the age old "I don't read anything about them" and the story gets dropped in the General Forum, they talk about things being swept under the carpet then do it themselves and then claim wonder at why we are in the situation we are in.

Time for us to fight back. As much as it pains me to say it, the men at the top of Celtic have been very clever, and using the celtic lovers in high places to their advantage. It's just a shame many of my fellow fans wish to ignore it. They would be in a very dark place if it weren't for these "deals", especially this deal with the Co-Op.

tell you what i went to the local co-op sat, fuckin expensive for food, bog roll you no daily stuff, tesco is so competitive, but my point is 1. is co-op not loosing tens of millions and 2. are we the punters paying through the nose to subsidise the tims?

The cunts operate a multi layered price system

eg a tin of beans in a coop on a council estate will be much cheaper than the same tin of beans in an 'affluent' area

Crooks

Time for us to fight back. As much as it pains me to say it, the men at the top of Celtic have been very clever, and using the celtic lovers in high places to their advantage.

They most certainly have used their people of influence well, politicians, journalists, academics, and bloggers have all been portrayed as being independent while with a little bit of investigation we find that they are all of the same ilk.

The journalist quotes an independent report, we then find out that the author was a life long supporter of "them" or even a member of their fans trust. We have journalists and bloggers reporting on the contents of stolen court and tax documents as if they had been carrying out an independent investigation similar to Watergate.

We have politicians pushing an agenda in Edinburgh and London that only represents the interest of a minority group in Scotland who have more of an allegiance to the Irish republican cause than their own country. We have academics publishing articles from their own supposedly independent studies only to find that they and some of their journalist friends were previously writing articles for the propaganda sheet of the IRA.

Meanwhile we have serious questions on how they are being funded and supported by the GCC and Scottish politicians in ways that add to their land holdings and increase its value. Now we have a national bank giving them suspiciously low rates of interest on Mortgages. My message to all Rangers fans is to be vigilant and keep digging up the facts they don't want us to hear.

It occurs to me that if anybody on here has the access to the SPFL rules on club finances if they get the time could they compare them with the old SPL rules and any similar rules for the SFA. It would be interesting to see if anything they have been doing fell foul of the old rules but not of the new ones. Could there be a situation brewing where they could use the excuse of a new league body to get out of any accusations of financial doping? Remember the SPFL is not really a new football body, but a legal renaming of the SPL.

How many years has this been going on for?

Tbh, can't give you a date off the top of my head. The information regarding the land deal has been posted on the forum at least a couple of times in recent months. As for the mortgages held by the Co-op Bank and the GCC the dates weren't given on the companies sight, though I might be wrong there. All in it looks like there has been something going on for at least 8 years. Funnily enough this all mirrors the time that our club was being hounded for a legal EBT scheme by HMRC. Now, I can't say I have proof that both have been masterminded by the same person or persons, but we do get a reoccurring theme as we look at events closer when more factual information comes out.

It really is like some sort of join the dots puzzle, but every now and then certain things come out that let us connect names back to the clubs dealings who because of their business or political standing should have declared a conflict of interest, but didn't and then low and behold something falls into place that only benefits "them".

One thing I can say for sure is that things definitely took a different angle since the day the former Secretary of state for Defence John Reed joined their club, remember Dr John's Dossier? What ever happened to that one? Well funnily enough just as our tax case hit the fans in conjunction with moves by LTSB, Dr John steps down and suddenly goes very quiet. It is fair to ask if this dossier was the basis for the SPL/SFA witch hunt that made so many assumptions of guilt about our club that have since been rebuked even by their own friend LNS. The question could also be asked is did this dossier have any part in the nonsensical pursuit of our club by HMRC? Sadly we never get an honest answer from those at the SPL/SFA or HMRC.

This is the same HMRC who don't do deals, except they do it's just that they don't do deals with Rangers. Remember SDM offered them a settlement of £10m early on during the BTC only to be turned down. Why not take the money and save so many legal bills and staffing hours when they did this with other companies before and after the offer? Because there was no admission of guilt attached to the £10m proposed settlement. If Rangers had admitted their guilt exactly who would have benefited? The tax man wouldn't get any more cash from it, but it would have allowed the SPL/SFA to strip titles and trophies. Now who would have been the net beneficiaries of that? So in the end HMRC lost a tax case that by far the most qualified in that area said they would lose, did they move on to something new? No, they appealed their case even though their actions helped drive the clubs parent company into liquidation and the club into administration. Can this enable then to get any more money for the public purse? No, it just means more costs. The only thing they seem to be trying to get is some sort of verdict that Rangers were guilty and the only people that this would be of any use to are those who all along wanted to use the BTC as a means of stripping titles and trophies and once again the road to who benefits leads right back to the east end of Glasgow.

Cooperative Group have just posted pre tax losses of 559 million.

If the Co-op bank does go under there will be some very interesting questions to be answered on their preferential dealings with them. I'm confident that it will if nothing else reveal some names of the people involved an join some more of the dots regarding the way things have been going over the last ten years regarding both them and Rangers.