Family hospitality

As much as I appreciate guys with kids and taking them to the games..... one thing. Hospitality?

Ffs the best memories of my life was when I was a wee boy and my da took me to the broomie(didn't have enough money for both of us for a season ticket)

When I was 11 my da paid for my season ticket and I was in the east enclosure with my pals. Miss those days.

We normally go to BR/Family Stand, just saw Family Suite advertised in programme and thought we would give it a try one week as it's pretty good value imho.

Then I got an unexpected bonus in my August wage and decided to do it.

Don't worry we'll be back in with the bears for the following game, can't have mini-me going soft on me.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice to meet you yesterday mate, hope you and the wee men had great day and enjoyed the mini tour at the end of the day!

Same here mate, great wee day out, 5 goals in 30 mins and another Super Jig hat-trick certainly helped, the wee tour afterwards was brill too, the wee man loved the trophy room.

On a serious(ish) note a huge thanks to all the staff in the Argyll Suite on Saturday who went out their way to make all the kids feel at home, we had 4 under 10's in our box!!! Apologies to Broxi who came up specially to see the children and was up their for ages as everyone, especially the older gents wanted their photograph taken with him. A memorable day out.

I told my son and two grandsons on Sunday I would take them over on the 28th. I phoned Ibrox today and the family hospitality has been stopped. Raging.

Bit premature to be stopping it imho, it was only on for one match and a lot of people weren't even aware it was there. I was supposed to be in there for the Arbroath game but they have to sell 40-60 to cover costs and didn't so we were all moved up to Argyll Suite.

From the conversations I had on Saturday the hospitality staff certainly seemed to be of the opinion that it may take a few games for general awareness of its availability to rise to a level where it would start making a profit but they seemed accepting of that and certainly no mention was made of closing it.

imho it's defo something the club needs, if Family/Ibrox Suite is indeed closed there does not appear to be another sensibly priced option for families/birthday parties/special occasions etc. I think Argyll Suite is £79, I don't think that there is a reduced rate for children.

Bit premature to be stopping it imho, it was only on for one match and a lot of people weren't even aware it was there. I was supposed to be in there for the Arbroath game but they have to sell 40-60 to cover costs and didn't so we were all moved up to Argyll Suite.

From the conversations I had on Saturday the hospitality staff certainly seemed to be of the opinion that it may take a few games for general awareness of its availability to rise to a level where it would start making a profit but they seemed accepting of that and certainly no mention was made of closing it.

imho it's defo something the club needs, if Family/Ibrox Suite is indeed closed there does not appear to be another sensibly priced option for families/birthday parties/special occasions etc. I think Argyll Suite is £79, I don't think that there is a reduced rate for children.

I think it is a big mistake by the club to drop it so early. They didn't give it a chance to take off, it was a good way to get the future fans over to a game. My oldest grandson has been over a couple of times but normally plays on a Saturday morning. With the youngest, it would have been his first time and no doubt another bear in the making.

I think it is a big mistake by the club to drop it so early. They didn't give it a chance to take off, it was a good way to get the future fans over to a game. My oldest grandson has been over a couple of times but normally plays on a Saturday morning. With the youngest, it would have been his first time and no doubt another bear in the making.

Their were obviously sound business reasons why the club introduced/reopened the Family Suite just a few short weeks ago. Earlier in the thread various pertinent points were made with regards pricing, childrens birthday parties and even the fact that come Jan/Feb when it is starting to get a bit cold & wet for younger bears that the £20 Ibrox Suite would be an viable alternative as opposed to not going at all.

It would be interesting to hear the clubs reasons for discontuing this 'trial' so abruptly.

I told my son and two grandsons on Sunday I would take them over on the 28th. I phoned Ibrox today and the family hospitality has been stopped. Raging.

Thats no good, im gonna send them an email. If true, what was the point in starting it? If they come back with not enough people used it then i'd be blaming them for not advertising/selling it well enough. Personally i dont get much opportunity to get to many games and my wee mans not interested in sitting in the cold for a whole game so this would have been ideal round crimbo time.

Thats no good, im gonna send them an email. If true, what was the point in starting it? If they come back with not enough people used it then i'd be blaming them for not advertising/selling it well enough. Personally i dont get much opportunity to get to many games and my wee mans not interested in sitting in the cold for a whole game so this would have been ideal round crimbo time.

We were just looking at booking this as well,but leaving until the colder weather comes in. We have only had a few home games so far. Hopefully this is just an mistake.

Funnily enough, I had the very same conversation on Saturday.

The fact that Rangers are at home on Boxing Day and how it would be an ideal Xmas present was mentioned and advice was book ASAP and they were expecting it to sell out fast.

For anyone interested....

I just had an e-mail from Ibrox confirming that AFTER ONE MATCH Family Suite has closed!!!

That just doesn't make business sense imho, surely the had to give it a few games for word to get out etc. Also, I assume that come the colder weather it would have become more popular as an alternative to freezing cold weans plus it would have been an ideal Xmas present for grandfather or kids for their 1st match.

Just doesn't make sense to close it again so quickly.

nice to meet you yesterday mate...... the mini tour at the end of the day!

There were that man different people in the Trophy Room that we followed the wrong group out and ended up in the Blackthorn Lounge up in the Club Deck!!

Did our 'mini-tour' go anywhere else after the trophy room?

Yeah got a quick reply, its shut and they are looking at other uses. I replied with:

I am quite disappointed by this choice as, if im right in saying it has only been open for two games? How can someone have taken the time to approve the use of this facility and then back down after two games, surely business couldn't have been that bad.

My interest was mainly for the winter months when its a chore just to keep the kids warm enough during the games, this would have been an ideal match day with the chance to warm up at half time, not to mention the other benefits. Surely the boxing day game would have been a sell-out? I have looked at the other suites but prices are too much and do not state if children are allowed let alone a reduction in price should they be allowed.

I think the club has made a mistake by withdrawing this facility so soon. Could it have been lack of advertising that this was a failure?