Family hospitality

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The club are going to want to segregate kids from corporate suites and private boxes as much as they can which is totally appropriate anyway you look at it. I cant see there being a huge demand for famlies wanting hospitality at Ibrox as it is expensive.

what a load of old tosh

i see quite a number of children in all the suites and never once have i seen any problem

indded it is nothing but a boon for RFC expensive tickets with no booze being consumed

what a load of old tosh

i see quite a number of children in all the suites and never once have i seen any problem

indded it is nothing but a boon for RFC expensive tickets with no booze being consumed

Think someone else already made the point earlier in the thread that drunken businessman cause staff far more problems than any children.

Out of interest, whuch suites at Ibrox have you seen children in?

I phoned last season to enquire about taking mini-me to hospitality for his birthhday and from memory the options were very limited, maybe one or two suites at most, most wouldn't allow kids in at all.

I'll keep an eye out for an update at weekend as I'm interested in this too. In April this years for my oldest boys 12th birthday we took the kids to Hamdump for the Queens Park game then back to Ibrox to the Argyle House for the carvery. It was a good day out but if this had been available at the time I reckon he'd have chosen hospitality for a game at Ibrox over going to Hamdump. I've never been to hospitality at Ibrox as I take my 2 boys to the games but would love to do this with them. We've been to the Argyle carvery with them several times & they really enjoy it. I might even treat them for my birthday!

I went for lunch in the Argyll House the other day when I was up picking up tickets for this weekends game and noticed the carvery advert.

Is it only on a Sunday?

How much is it?

Is it busy, would I have to book in advance?

Think someone else already made the point earlier in the thread that drunken businessman cause staff far more problems than any children.

Out of interest, whuch suites at Ibrox have you seen children in?

I phoned last season to enquire about taking mini-me to hospitality for his birthhday and from memory the options were very limited, maybe one or two suites at most, most wouldn't allow kids in at all.

every single one apart from the cooper suite and including the directors box

I went for lunch in the Argyll House the other day when I was up picking up tickets for this weekends game and noticed the carvery advert.

Is it only on a Sunday?

How much is it?

Is it busy, would I have to book in advance?

I've only ever been on a Sunday but I think it may be on during the week also. I don't think it's on on Saturdays (when we're playing away) as they have a Saturday evening menu. Broxi is supposed to be there the first Sunday of the month but he wasn't in April - probably because there was a game on, if I remember correctly he was at Hampden.

I think it was £16/£17 for adults and £8/£8.50 for kids, can't remember exactly though. It's excellent value for a 3 course meal. Kids have the choice of a kids menu or the carvery. Last time my youngest (8 at the time) couldn't decide between the macaroni cheese & fish so they gave him some of each! The staff are really friendly and great with the kids. They even had a menu printed up with Happy Birthday and my sons name for him to take home.

It's always been busy when we've been, sometimes more than others so I would say you should definitely book. If you book at short notice you possibly won't get a booth looking out onto the pitch so it's well worth booking as far in advance as you can. Just make sure you ask for a booth when you call to book. My 2 love this as they can then look over to where their seats are in the Copland Rear.

It's a great idea but just wish they would do it without the 'ticket' offer.

There are plenty of families that already have ST's and would like to do this but don't need the seat in the corner, if the club offered a 2 tier cost option with/without ticket they might get a bigger uptake.

There are plenty of families that already have ST's and would like to do this but don't need the seat in the corner, if the club offered a 2 tier cost option with/without ticket they might get a bigger uptake.

Write to them and suggest it

The guy I know went with his family and they are all ST holders

They just sold their seats for the day to mates so it was win win

IMO thats not a bad price, normally spend £17 for a ticket, £5 to park in someone's work yard, £3 programme, adding another £25 for lunch, half time snack+drink (minimal queues), somewhere to warm up in winter, a bit of entertainment and to top it off meet Broxi. Thats a good price.

Well the feedback from this is "Bullseye"

Great value for money, great service and the kids had photos taken with Nicky law, john Daly, bud Johnston and colin stein;-)

Fill yer boots folks

Glad to hear that, I was passing Ibrox on Friday afternoon and nipped in to get this for the Arbroath game on Sept 14th.

Was half expecting to come on here this morning to find out it was pish!!!!

The players is another nice wee touch too, really looking forward to it.

If you were in Family Suite pre match is it physically possible to actually get to seats in other parts of the stadium e.g. Main Stand, Broomloan Rear?

Same point after the game too, you get an hour in the suite post match, lets the traffic clear and I assume that will be when (ex)players come in for photos etc, how would you get back in from your ST seat?

IMO thats not a bad price, normally spend £17 for a ticket, £5 to park in someone's work yard, £3 programme, adding another £25 for lunch, half time snack+drink (minimal queues), somewhere to warm up in winter, a bit of entertainment and to top it off meet Broxi. Thats a good price.

I made much the same point earlier in the thread...

I don't have a ST but we go to most matches in BR. Saturday was £22 for tickets, £3 for programme, £2 to 'watch your motor mister' + roughly £25 for half time snack+drink, sweets etc. So really not even £20 more for hospitality. IT's a no-brainer for me, as the queues at HT in the BR have been shocking this season.

Write to them and suggest it

The guy I know went with his family and they are all ST holders

They just sold their seats for the day to mates so it was win win

It could be worth suggesting. I don't know about other clubs but I know that Falkirk do this from time to time when they have a family hospitality offer on. There isn't a huge difference in price when they do this but it might make a difference to some. Maybe if they knocked a tenner off the adult price but kept the kids price the same. It's ok if you know someone who'll pay to use your ST for the odd game but anyone I know that hasn't got an ST already would want it for free & a lift to the game! Miserable gits!!

It could be worth suggesting. I don't know about other clubs but I know that Falkirk do this from time to time when they have a family hospitality offer on. There isn't a huge difference in price when they do this but it might make a difference to some. Maybe if they knocked a tenner off the adult price but kept the kids price the same. It's ok if you know someone who'll pay to use your ST for the odd game but anyone I know that hasn't got an ST already would want it for free & a lift to the game! Miserable gits!!

See my earlier post, if you were in the Family Suite pre match how easy/difficult would it be to get to your 'normal/ST' seat if it was in BR or Main Stand and the same post match, when hospitality os open for an hour after the final whistle?

my young lad has just booked the Argyll suite for us on the 14th v Arbroath for my birthday today, has anyone been there? young lad is 16 but he has been told that he can use hospitality? anyone know anything different?

thanks in advance

See my earlier post, if you were in the Family Suite pre match how easy/difficult would it be to get to your 'normal/ST' seat if it was in BR or Main Stand and the same post match, when hospitality os open for an hour after the final whistle?

I don't think you could do that and tbh I can't imagine many people would want to do it.

The seats that go with the family hospitality package are superb.

I hadn't seen your post earlier. Not sure about the logistics, maybe if you gave up your ST for the day as in the secondary ticketing that's already available in lieu of your match ticket for the hospitality. I was really just pointing out that it is done elsewhere and it may be the difference between someone booking & paying the extra for hospitality or not. It wouldn't make or break the deal for me but as we already have ST's I wouldn't be doing this on a regular basis. Maybe a couple of times a season for birthdays as my boys are at a game almost every week because as well as having ST's for Ibrox they also have ST's for Falkirk to go with their Dad - but if both clubs are at home they usually opt to come with me.

I don't think you could do that and tbh I can't imagine many people would want to do it.

The seats that go with the family hospitality package are superb.

By 'seats that go with family hospitality package' being superb, I assume you mean the ones one the govan East corner, just below the windows, or are they 'somehow above' the windows?

I assume the view from inside is pretty good too, I was never in the old Ibrox Suite.

By 'seats that go with family hospitality package' being superb, I assume you mean the ones one the govan East corner, just below the windows, or are they 'somehow above' the windows?

I assume the view from inside is pretty good too, I was never in the old Ibrox Suite.

Just below the windows - great view

Just below the windows - great view

Were you there on Saturday?

How busy was it?

I was never in the old Ibrox Suite, so no idea capacity, size etc. I really hope this is a success, ideal Xmas/birthday treat for kids/grandparents etc.

I notice we are home on Boxing Day, might be an idea for a Xmas presnt for his granda from the wee man?