Cod Ghosts or Battlefield 4

bigmunsen

With the ps4 and xbox1 just around the corner i was just wondering which one of these would you purchase. I will get cod as i always do and really cant see past it although i did enjoy bf2 which wasnt bad. Bf4 does look great but i will get a ps4 and from what i hear it doesnt show up very well. Cod as always looks to be more of the same which doesnt bother me to much.

Never played Battlefield, never really played the last COD that much either though to be fair. Will probably get COD but really just waiting for The Division. The game looks immense.

Yeah mate that game looks amazin. Will be getting that but its not out till next year which is a bit dissapointing.

With the ps4 and xbox1 just around the corner i was just wondering which one of these would you purchase. I will get cod as i always do and really cant see past it although i did enjoy bf2 which wasnt bad. Bf4 does look great but i will get a ps4 and from what i hear it doesnt show up very well. Cod as always looks to be more of the same which doesnt bother me to much.

1) I hope you're not referring to bad company 2 as BF2...

2) Fed up hearing this it doesn't show up well nonsense.. This has stemmed from that poxy IGN writer Scott Lowe, he's a massive bawbag! He was comparing the PS4 version to a maxed out PC version that's running on top of the range hardware... given PC's are already ahead of the next generation of consoles it shouldn't be a suprise the PS4 version doesn't look as pretty. It also doesn't help that the console version is running natively at 720p where as the PC version is true 1080p. The console version upscales to 1080, but it's not proper 1080p... basically it stretches 720 to fit 1080, which results in blurry visuals - thus a loss of detail. Compare the PS4 version to a PS3 version and it'll look shit hot.. DICE have also said the gamescom demo(i believe it was a private demo) was old code and they were still working on optimization.

The Xbox One version is in exactly the same boat as the PS4..

Cod Ghosts. Played BF3 and couldn't get into it. A few things about COD Ghosts which is worrying me being Support coming back and whether dedicated servers will come to PS4. I really hated MW3, could've been a good game but too many mistakes ruined it for me i.e. shit connection, stealth bomber in support, OP of Assassin and Blind Eye, death streaks etc. Will just need to wait and see.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm all first person shootered out. Its just variations of the same thing over and over again.

Taking a break from the genre for a while. I'd buy some Adventure and Survival Horror games had those genre's not been abandoned in favour of the guaranteed sales of generic shooters. Understandable but oh so repetitive. With the economy the way it is nobody takes a risk anymore. Hollywood is the same, its all remakes and sequels.

Bah!