Ian Black.

simon

He may have a reputation for fouling/nasty tackles etc but I reckon he must be the most fouled player in our team. Even today he took a few dillions off the East Fife players.

I Googled "Dillions" & it is a Grocery supermarket chain, so still none the wiser, can you please enlighten me? I'm old!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's playing now the way I thought he'd play last season so if he keeps this form up, and adds some goals, that'll be good. With competition now stronger for places in the side maybe that is an added motivation for him. The number of balls he won in the air yesterday against much taller opponents was npticeable and his passing was generally pretty decent too, as was his chasing back to win the ball back.

I Googled "Dillions" & it is a Grocery supermarket chain, so still none the wiser, can you please enlighten me? I'm old!

Spelling was not right (feckin iPad).......should have been dullion.

Here is the description from urban dictionary

1. dullion

Something of outstanding merit. Normally used as a single word exclamation in Glasgow. (US equivalent may be 'Sweet!'). Similar to the terms stoater or dancer

Also may be used to describe a fine example of a mild misfortune, to placate the offended party.

Finding a fine shell on the beach at Largs wee Kenny showed it to Shug, who concurred it was a dullion.

Shug then punched wee Kenny in the face and stole the shell. When wee Kenny ran tae his Maw, she consoled him by saying:

"that wee shite Shug gave you a dullion of a black eye son"

I was obviously using the latter. Hope that helps?

Spelling was not right (feckin iPad).......should have been dullion.

Here is the description from urban dictionary

1. dullion

Something of outstanding merit. Normally used as a single word exclamation in Glasgow. (US equivalent may be 'Sweet!'). Similar to the terms stoater or dancer

Also may be used to describe a fine example of a mild misfortune, to placate the offended party.

Finding a fine shell on the beach at Largs wee Kenny showed it to Shug, who concurred it was a dullion.

Shug then punched wee Kenny in the face and stole the shell. When wee Kenny ran tae his Maw, she consoled him by saying:

"that wee shite Shug gave you a dullion of a black eye son"

I was obviously using the latter. Hope that helps?

Dullion comes from the term dull yin. I.e taking a sore one. Posh Glaswegians often say 'dull one'

I was never in favour of signing him, didn't like him as a player and he came across like a wee ned. Not to mention the Jelavić tackle.

However, today was the first real chance I've had to watch him at a live game and I have to say I was really impressed. I thought he put a hell of a shift in. When he loses the ball he chases it down until he gets possession back. Some excellent passes as well.

Happy to be proved wrong.

Totally agree. He looks a different player. Bet (oops) not many of us thought he'd turn it around.

Last season Ian Black was playing in a midfield that contained three kids and he spent most of the time protecting them. This season he has more mature players around him and he is therefore able to concentrate on his own game and we are now seeing the benefit of this. Maybe it's from the elevated position of the Club Deck that this was apparent but the abuse he got on here last season from folk who hadn't seen him play was ridiculous. There was always a player in there and now we're getting the chance to see exactly what he can do.