New Blog: The Life and Times of a Rangers Fan

LoyalWilliam91

Boardroom matters are crucial, as is debating them. At the moment there is far more going on than simply watching the football. There is some bickering and taking sides, but people are concerned for the welfare of the club, doesn't mean they're not 'real fans'.

Quite honestly I think this piece is very naively written, and a bit deluded.

I think you make some decent points albeit your tone is perhaps a bit contradictory in your condemnation of those spending their time discussing things online whilst you take the time to "blog" and want people to take the time to read and discuss it?

I think the important thing for rangers fans at the moment is to pick the right/important battles. Some get in a fizz about inconsequential things whilst others have an apathy that is equally unhelpful. People need to stop reacting to every story and learn to seek clarity before forming opinions on people or groups.

I think you make some decent points albeit your tone is perhaps a bit contradictory in your condemnation of those spending their time discussing things online whilst you take the time to "blog" and want people to take the time to read and discuss it?

I think the important thing for rangers fans at the moment is to pick the right/important battles. Some get in a fizz about inconsequential things whilst others have an apathy that is equally unhelpful. People need to stop reacting to every story and learn to seek clarity before forming opinions on people or groups.

I don't recall seeing this guy stick around to debate or defend his blog. I offered what was intended as constructive criticism on his last one, no reply to me or anyone.

I don't recall seeing this guy stick around to debate or defend his blog. I offered what was intended as constructive criticism on his last one, no reply to me or anyone.

Hi mate.

I didn't see your comments last time, hence the reason you didn't get a reply.

If you think boardroom matters are crucial, that's your opinion. Nothing wrong with what you think. Everyone is entilted to an opinion.

I have family in California and in Belfast who are Rangers supporters.

What I meant was that we'll be football fans whilst they bang on about the business side of the Club. I'm not saying that I, or anyone else, are better fans than anyone else.

It's Rangers. We all do our bit, no matter where we're from.

What I meant was that we'll be football fans whilst they bang on about the business side of the Club. I'm not saying that I, or anyone else, are better fans than anyone else.

What did you do on Rangers Chat?

Hi mate.I didn't see your comments last time, hence the reason you didn't get a reply.If you think boardroom matters are crucial, that's your opinion. Nothing wrong with what you think. Everyone is entilted to an opinion.

Fair dos man.

In the spirit of debate, don't you think boardroom matters are crucial? After everything that's happened in the past surely this is of paramount importance. We've seen what can happen when the people who run the club have their own agendas, are reckless, or can't work together. Many fans want answers, and want to make sure nobody damages the club. We're by no means out of the woods at this stage.

I'm not saying that I, or anyone else, are better fans than anyone else

You kind of did say that though:

"So while they all moan about who’s in charge over at Ibrox, I, along with many other Bears, will be more interested in how the team is getting on in our journey up the leagues.We’ll be watching Lee McCulloch and Nicky Law bang them in all season long whilst they are on their laptops in a demented state over something they know nothing about.Where will we be?In the stands. Where the REAL supporters are."

What about your last sentence? You're implying that people interested in boardroom matters or who spend time on message boards aren't 'real' fans.

He actually says ,"We’ll be watching Lee McCulloch and Nicky Law bang them in all season long whilst they are on their laptops " Now unless the people he refers to take their laptops to games I think he has a point.

So then he's assuming that anyone discussing boardroom matters will not be attending games? I'm sure nigh on every person on this forum watches the games anyway.

So then he's assuming that anyone discussing boardroom matters will not be attending games? I'm sure nigh on every person on this forum watches the games anyway.

My take on it was he was not referring to everyone. If you go across forums Im sure a lot don't attend Rangers games. Incidentally I do agree with his "real " comment. The real fans are there most weeks. Some fans obviously cant make it very often for one reason or another but in reality the majority who claim to support Rangers may only buy a top every season.

My take on it was he was not referring to everyone. If you go across forums Im sure a lot don't attend Rangers games. Incidentally I do agree with his "real " comment. The real fans are there most weeks. Some fans obviously cant make it very often for one reason or another but in reality the majority who claim to support Rangers may only buy a top every season.

I don't go most weeks, I can't. I am a REAL fan. Yes a REAL fan. REALLY.

Still though, what has this got to do with discussing boardroom matters?

I don't go most weeks, I can't. I am a REAL fan. Yes a REAL fan. REALLY.

Still though, what has this got to do with discussing boardroom matters?

I pointed out that some cant go every week. Most people who claim to support Rangers actually buy a top and that's their entire contribution. Anyway this thread is about the contents of a blog in my opinion not purely about boardroom matters.