Since the SPL era began

KingKirk

Thought about Barry, but his quick set-pieces cost us a lot of possession and a few goals. So I didn't mention him, till you did.

Barry lost his way somewhat in his career but he was one of the best to play for us - and in some-ways I did not begrudge him wanting to move on - but to Blackburn! But there is no doubting the talent he had.

Hemdani I'd say. One of the most dependable players I've ever seen

You obviously never seen him in too many Old firm games .He was pish IMO .Decent in the run to Manchester but in domestic league matches and especially the big games , all I can remember was him being powderpuff so often .

Tugay was a class above, hard to believe he didn't play as often as someone as talented as him should have.

What I'd give for someone as classy nowadays

Were we not told that Tugay wasn't suited to playing alongside Ferguson? Interesting that only one of the two was a success in the EPL.

I think Stuart McCall takes a bit of beating. Also I think Jeremy Clement would have become a smashing player in the same mould if he had more time!

Edit: Just seen it's post Aug 98......I guess Tugay, Hemdani and Mendes were all real quality. Also Gio but he wasn't a DM as such.

Plus, Mo Edu was absolutely outstanding for us at times - particularly in the Champions League against the likes of Man United and Valencia.

Edu had a great game against Valencia and was unluky both not to put us 2-0 up and to score an og but on the whole he was rubbish. His first touch and passing in the middle of the park was piss poor!