McMurdo, rebels without a cause.

bawsburst

I dont really get the optimism with the accounts, I really dont.

When you say that the loss is fixable, do you mean without relying on external funding? If so, how do we do it?

The board might be able to get finances from somewhere, but I would have much preferred they had reduced the losses as much as possible leaving us in as strong a financial footing as possible when we got back to the top division.

I am not saying we wouldn't need further Investment.

What I am saying the figure we should be focussing on is the 11 million in the Bank.

That's the Important figure going forward.

To many people focussing on the loss.

That's gone and can be fixed going forward, however if it was 11 in debt that would be totally different.

We are doing ok and have a Team to go forward, with.

Remember we are a Football Club and we have a Team, Stadium, Sponsorship, Fans and future Investors along with further Income Streams to come in.

All is ok.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The blog is anything but fair and balanced. It is another puff piece in support of a Board that is rapidly loosing control. McMurdo is trying to create the impression that the Board still has significant support from within the fan base. That is not the impression I am getting. The vast majority of the Rangers support gets its news about the club from the Record, Sun and Radio Scotland - none of which are giving the Board an easy ride just now. Those left supporting the Board are a small rump of Internet malcontents who, for a variety of reasons, continue to support the Board for no other reason apart from the fact that it is the polar opposite of the stance being taken by FF and the RST. Families being divided, my arse.

Your posts never fail to amuse me. You're the guy who joined RM about two months ago and claims he's never used FF? :-) And now you're on here castigating anyone who dares to utter a single word criticising FF or the RST??

Yep, I'm convinced!!

What part of mitres comments are not FACTS???

And try responding with a normal answer instead of your usual pish.

Wind you're fecking neck in Mr Angry. Is the nurse late with your medication ? There's a core of you nasty rancid little FUD's recently joined spreading Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt. The MM post I was referring to is not a Fact (it's an opinion) unless he has a crystal ball and I'm sure he didn't need you to respond for him. Away back to your Bheast infested forum and stop peddling your pish and drivel. Your liquid cosh is calling.

It depends how much you take off as one-off hits, how much the wage reduction is and if the extra 'up to £10m' in commercial revenue is achievable.

And that is the main area to focus on at the AGM, ditto to ask any other groups wishing to come in.

Yea, agree with you here in regards to the AGM.

Cards have to go on the table as to how the revenue will be increased. It has to be clear, realistic and objective. The party with the best plan should be the one who gets the support. Be it the current board, Murrays group or anyone else who can supply the goods.

We can turn this round, but it will be a real challenge. No-one should take the task in hand lightly.

The blog is anything but fair and balanced. It is another puff piece in support of a Board that is rapidly loosing control. McMurdo is trying to create the impression that the Board still has significant support from within the fan base. That is not the impression I am getting. The vast majority of the Rangers support gets its news about the club from the Record, Sun and Radio Scotland - none of which are giving the Board an easy ride just now. Those left supporting the Board are a small rump of Internet malcontents who, for a variety of reasons, continue to support the Board for no other reason apart from the fact that it is the polar opposite of the stance being taken by FF and the RST. Families being divided, my arse.

Whether or not Bill's blog is balanced or fair or not is not really the issue I have - your own comments concern me more

So the Record, the Sun and Radio Scotland are not giving our board an easy time just now ? Well there is a surprise - can I ask you Carson' Cat do you believe BBC Radio Scotland when they say our club is dead and in fact we are a new club. Or as per the Record "exclusive" - we cheated poor Van Donkey out of titles even though he has not at Celtic during the time EBT's ran, or furthermore shall we just completely ignore the fact that a Tax Tribunal declared us "not guilty" over our use of EBT's ?

If you or others are getting your information about our club from the 3 sources you have alluded to then that concerns me more than anything Bill McMurdo writes.

I'm not backing the Record here but to be fair, they did raise issues about Craig Whyte long before anyone in our support did

Whether or not Bill's blog is balanced or fair or not is not really the issue I have - your own comments concern me more

So the Record, the Sun and Radio Scotland are not giving our board an easy time just now ? Well there is a surprise - can I ask you Carson' Cat do you believe BBC Radio Scotland when they say our club is dead and in fact we are a new club. Or as per the Record "exclusive" - we cheated poor Van Donkey out of titles even though he has not at Celtic during the time EBT's ran, or furthermore shall we just completely ignore the fact that a Tax Tribunal declared us "not guilty" over our use of EBT's ?

If you or others are getting your information about our club from the 3 sources you have alluded to then that concerns me more than anything Bill McMurdo writes.

I'm not backing the Record here but to be fair, they did raise issues about Craig Whyte long before anyone in our support did

He certainly did,..... "By the age of 26, Whyte was already Scot land's youngest self-made millionaire. Now, 13 years on, and in charge of a vast business empire, his wealth is off the radar".

http://tinyurl.com/wealth-off-the-radar

I fully accept that the Record, the Sun, and Radio Scotland have run stories which are negative about the club. But it is also correct to say (a) that they are not giving the Board an easy ride just now; and (b) that the majority of Rangers fans get their news about the club from these three sources.

This thread is heart breaking.

We have a board of directors, who may or may not be doing a good job. We have a group of shareholders who want to gain access to the board because they think they can do a better job. Now I dont support either of the two camps, I dont give a hoot, all I want is for Rangers Football Club to be the best it can be. In my opinion neither side has acted in a manner befitting people in charge of our great club. What is heartbreaking though is the way fans have turned on each other, just look at this thread, someone has an opinion and is answered with "your a bead rattler, cVnt, poof, arsehole or what ever. There was a brief moment of actual debate but that was quickly brushed aside. The level of abuse handed out by some posters on both sides to each other is quite frankly timmyesque and its not just on this forum the others are just as bad. Some of us supporters/shareholders do not support either camp we just want whats best for the club, yet when we ask genuine questions on these forums then the abuse starts. What this whole episode has taught me is that RFC must never go anywhere near fan ownership. Our fans turn on each other like a pack of rabid dogs.

I love Rangers. Not this director or that shareholder.

Anyway I`ve been in the pub all day and am rambling now.

And there you go again, branding anyone that has what you see as different opinion, a rebel. I prefer having my own opinion.

What I said is a fact though you deflected by posting another unrelated fact.

The truth is a great deal of our support were still backing Whyte even after administration, didn't the Record report on Ticketus around November time?

Sure we can't trust the press but we should trust our support to ask questions when warranted, we've blindly believed all is well at corporate level for 25 years and look where we are now.

One thing I can say for certain, I will never trust the board of directors at our club for a long time until they prove their worth, if more did the same we'd be in a far healthier position right now

Pesky facts don't go down well at all, the rebs prefer subterfuge and invention. (tu)

And there you go again, branding anyone that has what you see as different opinion, a rebel. I prefer having my own opinion.

What I said is a fact though you deflected by posting another unrelated fact.

The truth is a great deal of our support were still backing Whyte even after administration, didn't the Record report on Ticketus around November time?

Sure we can't trust the press but we should trust our support to ask questions when warranted, we've blindly believed all is well at corporate level for 25 years and look where we are now.

One thing I can say for certain, I will never trust the board of directors at our club for a long time until they prove their worth, if more did the same we'd be in a far healthier position right now

I dont think you are alone in that respect. But shouldn't that work both ways ? Have the press and media mentioned in this thread done anything to earn our trust ? With regard to the 3 mentioned earlier - that has to be an emphatic "no".

Guys, as you can see by my post count I don't do much posting. I am a pretty long in the tooth Bluenose and my club is deeply rooted in my being. I have over this past while been reading between mainly "Follow Follow", "McMurdo's Blog" and "Rangers Media". It's been a pretty confusing time to say the least but one thing that I have started to notice is posts that do not seem to be from Rangers Supporters especially on Follow Follow. I see it on this thread tonight as well (post 2 perhaps). Iv'e also seen it on McMurdo's Blog as well but they are outed pretty quick there. I am not writing this to cause any bother or debate, It's just something that is bothering me.We have been through far too much in the past two years to allow these axxxholes from the east to inflict further damage on us. Rangers Media seems to me a more sensible place to come for discussion and I would hate to see it plagued by tims as happened on Follow Follow. Perhaps I'm getting paranoid and don't realize it.

Sorry for going on a bit, It's only because I'm concerned for our well being.

G.S.O.Q.