Words

KingBillyLives

The English language is a great thing. It enables us to communicate, well sometimes, and runs our lives. Sometimes we get words wrong and it can lead to misunderstanding or even resentment or may just piss you off.

The latter case is the one that involves the Grammar Nazis of which I am one. "There, their, they're", "loosing" instead of "losing". "I have came" instead of "I have come" and "I have went" are the stuff off nightmares but they are minor details.

However, in the case of supporters, there are two words which spring to mind; two words which use the same letters but mean the exact opposite: UNITED and UNTIED. The first means a group held together, while the second indicates bodies drifting apart. There are too many hangers-on. There is no need for multiple supporters groups. Anyone who creates such a group does it for one simple reason and that is to make a name for himself. What gives Mark Dingbat or any of the other faceless wonders the right to stand in front of TV cameras and make pronouncements in the name of the family of rangers supporters? Anyone with more than one brain cell can see that they are doing it for their own personal aims and not for those of the club or the fans. So what is it to be? United or Untied?

The second pair of words concerns the board. I'm happy with the way things are going at the moment. We all knew that there would be high costs in the first year while the club got back to normal. Now, into our second year, the board must take things in hand, especially expenses. They need to remember that "RUNNING a club" does not rhyme with "RUINING a club". With matters in hand it would be ridiculous to change the board at this point in time and leave us in limbo for a year. There is nothing to prove that a new board would make things any better and might leave us worse off. They also need to forget the outpourings of Ally and Wally claiming that we need to buy, buy, buy because fans demand it and it is necessary to be ready to beat the dark side once we get back to the top division. Wasting money now is not going to help us in two years time.

Little words, big consequences.

Whoa there. The OP makes a very valid point re the current board and immediately the requisitioner's camp come out with all guns blazing. At no point did the poster say the board were ideal and not due criticism. All he said was that this is the time for some stability. I do not think the board have got everything right and that they are untouchable - just not yet.

sorry mate but the would be MENSA member forum is elsewhere.

here we are more concerned in words that we were brought up with and became educated on what they mean.

now though , some think these words shouldn't be spoken by speech or by song.

how can a society suddenly make you a criminal for saying a word?

only if there is something more sinister behind the scenes or those behind the scenes have an agenda can.

some might say that conspiracies should be in the OT.

I say those with the agenda have exposed themselves from behind the scenes and now the conspiracy is mainstream we are all involved.

where will it end up ?

jailed for singing god save the queen?

fined and criminalised for having a handbag out of next?

maybe just maybe rangers fans have something UNITED to work on.

and it's all thanks to your most informative post.

bears den?

it's all bears den just some need to see the bigger picture

I agree with what you are saying , but to many people have their own agenda. Its not what they can do for the club but what the club can do for them. Give the board some time to see where they take us. In say six months time nothing has improved then call for change