Formula One

Maldonado is fast. In the right car, and in the right mood, he is one of the very fastest on the grid.

I disagree. He's a 'Sponsorship Driver' with just one point for Williams this season, with the once great team only ahead of Marussia and Caterham in the Constructors. Maybe they've realised if they take on a better driver with less sponsorship backing they may still make more money than they did with Maldonado as they have a better chance of finishing higher up the rankings?.....

Lets face it he probably wouldn't have done any worse than Button or the other guy whose name escapes me at the moment. Even if he does support "them" he should get his chance at a bigger team.

I expect McLaren to have a better car next season. With their money, we should hope so! lol.

• 2 weeks later...

If Lotus have a decent car, I bet Maldonado is a race winner next season!

The guy is erratic, but with the right management he could be a very decent driver. As said, I rate him, when he screws the head, as one of the quickest (but rawest ) outwith the big 4.

In a good care will be a danger to other drivers. Lotus have the 2 most careless drivers on the grid now for me. Disaster waiting to happen

• 1 month later...