***The Official Football Manager 14 Thread***

aird

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's about £17 on steam.

Getting a bit bored of my FM13 save... is it worth it?

I'd say no.

I've loved FM for years and played it for hours on end but just can't get into this one. Not sure what it is but I'm just not a big fan of it.

I'd say no.

I've loved FM for years and played it for hours on end but just can't get into this one. Not sure what it is but I'm just not a big fan of it.

But on the otherhand, i'm enjoying this years game.

I've got 2 saves that are both at 2020.

I've kind of been the same this year and can't get a Gers game going. Had a few successes in other games won the Welsh League with Abersywth but at 34 the game is finally starting to slip from importance after 20 years.

About to try a game with an lower end English Championship or top end of Div 1 team.

When I was 14ish I fucking loved this and champ, would write down results etc players who'd played well against me and had my own paper records, was a bit of a fm gimp but it was so huge when I was at school everyone played them. We used to compare games etc, some folk discovered tranmere where excellent on one game etc and that's how it would be.

Last one I played properly was fm11 :(

Can't be fucked with it anymore personally,sad times I know :(

Me too. Booted it up, played one match then put it back off. If anything, I'll start a new game, play through pre-season assembling a squad then pack it in after a run of games.

When I was 14ish I fucking loved this and champ, would write down results etc players who'd played well against me and had my own paper records, was a bit of a fm gimp but it was so huge when I was at school everyone played them. We used to compare games etc, some folk discovered tranmere where excellent on one game etc and that's how it would be.

Last one I played properly was fm11 :(

Did you wear a suit when playing in a cup final mate? :craphead:

Me too. Booted it up, played one match then put it back off. If anything, I'll start a new game, play through pre-season assembling a squad then pack it in after a run of games.

That's exactly how I am now mate just can't stick with it and get no enjoyment from it anymore :(

If you're bored with FM you should try starting a game and leave it to holiday for a few years then drop in then.

I'm always put off starting new games because i cba buying all the same players etc. But once i get past the first 18/24mths then i find myself flying through a save. Especially when the regens and players become staff comes into play.

I can upload a save in 2020 if anyone wants it. Can resign from Rangers and let you takeover whoever.

In January of 2020 with Rangers and it's not been a great window so far.

Lost my best central defender to Dortmund for £10m as it met his release clause and i'm about to lose a player on loan from Man Utd. He currently has 28 in 28 but he doesn't want to rejoin on loan, Utd are happy for him to come back :anguish:

I'm working on a Rangers Legends file, I made all the players the age they were in 1986. The first team squad is Souness era, Reserves will be Smith era and U-19's Advocaat/McLeish era. I've just finished the first team, here are some screenies :)Rangers_SquadPlayers_zps52d70606.png